Author Topic: Newbies Drop the 'Tude  (Read 795 times)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »
Wait a minute J_A_B....is it the attitude that drove you away or the fact that HT wouldnt let you put those damn underscores in your handle?

funked

Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2001, 12:55:00 PM »
Yes JAB a lot of the vets have attitude problems too.    

I guess I could have chosen a different title for the thread.  I posted this after logging from the Arena in disgust, after listening to two new guys verbally abuse every pilot who shot them down for about three hours.

There are a lot of guys coming in here and getting whomped on their first few weeks, cursing out any player who shoots them down, then trying to blame it on the FM or the gunnery model and God knows what else.  

For the guys who aren't like that, new guys who are here to learn to fly and fight, and treat the other people in the arena like humans, then I welcome them and salute them, and offer whatever assistance I am capable of.

But the fact remains that there is a very high rate of abusive new pilots, and these guys need to be kept in check.  I know for a fact that this kind of BS has driven away many prospective AH subscribers.

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 04-26-2001).]

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »
You get two types of newbies. The ones who think you are an amazinhunk no matter what you do. And the ones who respect you if you help them. After hanging out in the TA and helping people out, you can gain a lot of friends and a whole lot of respect. But there is always one who will come along and ruin your session because he thinks he knows it all. There are a few I could mention.

Not all newbies are bad infact a lot of them are really great guys who appreciate what help we "Vets" give them. But unfortunately they are often shadowed out by some of the utter tossers that grace us with there presence. You think the arenas are bad?? Talk to artlaws. He will tell you some MEAN stories about H2H  

------------------
Chris "Betown" Bradbury

- XO 7/KG26 (hostile shores squadron)
- 332nd Flying Mongrels
- AH Training Corps
"Hoorrrahh"
Lt Cooper Hawks
Space Above and Beyond

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2001, 09:32:00 PM »
You're absolutely right Funked.

And Sling, you apparently don't know what you're talking about--I'm still a paying member of AH.   Of course, you wouldn't know that since my in-game handle is quite stupid and signifigantly different from "J_A_B".  I DO want underscores!  

Actually your attitude is a good example of what's wrong here..."I don't give a damn about anyone's issues but my own". Thanks for providing the example.

J_A_B

[This message has been edited by J_A_B (edited 04-27-2001).]

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2001, 10:51:00 PM »
LOL Funked..

Then there's a lotta guys who were already 'here' that wail and whine about gettin blasted by anyone at all ..ROFL ..*very* similar to AW's relaxed realism arena's.

Where the kids play.

I just blow off attitudes.
Like yours, f'rinstance.

I enjoy a good fight and look forward to them.
I also don't shy away from laughing at an attitude on ch 1. Them chains are easy to pull!
All part of the game.. and has been for years.

-GE (I have somethin you can keep in check .. LOL)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

funked

Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2001, 11:27:00 PM »

..*very* similar to AW's relaxed realism arena's.  Where the kids play.

That's what I'm worried about.  

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 04-26-2001).]

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2001, 12:42:00 AM »
GE, you're quite mistaken.   Lately, AW's "RR" arenas are nowhere near as full of whining and chest-thumping as the AH MA.

J_A_B

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2001, 01:02:00 AM »

Originally posted by J_A_B:
Actually your attitude is a good example of what's wrong here..."I don't give a damn about anyone's issues but my own". Thanks for providing the example.

Or perhaps part of what's wrong here is people like yourself who can't take a little good natured ribbing without getting your panties in a bunch and flinging insults.  

Lighten up Francis.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2001, 10:09:00 AM »
What he said does not appear to be "good-natured".  If he intended otherwise, he should clear things up.

J_A_B

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2001, 11:21:00 AM »
Well J_A_B_____...the tone of your original post led me to believe that you were no longer a paying customer.  And if ya cant take a joke then grow thicker skin or piss off.

Have a nice day!

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »

Originally posted by J_A_B:
GE, you're quite mistaken.   Lately, AW's "RR" arenas are nowhere near as full of whining and chest-thumping as the AH MA.

J_A_B

I haven't been in the RR arena's for at least two years ..-grin- so I have no idea what they are like 'lately' ..all I know was what they were like since they were first dubbed 'RR' to the summer of '98, when I began playin EQ.

They had been the same all that time.
Lotta raggin on ch 1, lotta whinin.. and a LOTTA macro's.

It was fun to go into RR now and then and wack some seals :)

One of my last forays I apparantly wacked some yahoo who was a points leader and I was told in no uncertain terms it was a lucky shot.. so I dueled him 5 times.. 5 kills later, all just after the merge, all with different openers.. he finally got the message. -evil grin-

-GE (doolin is still boring ..gimmee a low furball to play in everytime :)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2001, 11:58:00 AM »
I like the veterans in the game...they've been very helpful at offering their advice and keeping me entertained.

Especially after they begin thumping their chests for shooting me down...

I just don't have the heart to tell them I've played maybe a total of 3 hours combined...

Mr. T

Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »

Originally posted by Brat:
I just don't have the heart to tell them I've played maybe a total of 3 hours combined...

5 hours, 7 minutes and 6 seconds to be exact.
<G>
-SW

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »
You counting the 30 minutes in a PT boat driving around wondering if I could figure out a way to waterski off the back?

Mr. T

Newbies Drop the 'Tude
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2001, 01:04:00 PM »
Yeah, that's cumulative for all 4 categories. Fighter, Attack, Bomber and Vehicle/Boat.

You can go to the scores page (main HTC site, left hand side a bit down... says "Scores" click on that and go to "pilot score") type in your in game handle. It'll give you  your scores and time and other stuff there.
-SW