Author Topic: Balance teams  (Read 249 times)

Offline AtmkRstr

• Nickel Member
Balance teams
« on: August 26, 2002, 07:21:15 PM »
Stating the obvious:
-Those poor Rooks are almost always outnumbered.
-The bish almost always have number advantage, occationally numbering more than both Knights and Rooks combined.

Solution? Some Bish squads should consider changing contries.
Somtimes the answer is so obvious even a Nitwit can figure it out.

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
Balance teams
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2002, 07:24:32 PM »
[off topic]

Hey, Atomic Rooster is one of my favorite bands of all time. A lot of their stuff was ahead of its time (i.e. "Death Walks Behind You").

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Balance teams
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2002, 08:13:23 PM »
huh?

This post should be about a month old.  Things have swing in the favor of the knights who now usually have the numbers advantage.

Numbers more commonly reflect and intensify how well a country is doing.  If country A picks up a couple of quick fields, and gets a good offensive steamroller going, people on the losing end will tend to log off, people on the winning end will tend to stay online much longer.

For the most part, numbers don't cause one side to pick up an advantage, They cause the advantage to grow.  If any team can get a good solid offensive going, numbers will shift.

Offline Hwkeye

• Copper Member
Balance teams
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2002, 08:49:16 PM »
I agree with you Innominate on the issue of " This post should be about a month old. Things have swing in the favor of the knights who now usually have the numbers advantage."  

However, Innominate I don't agree with your assertion that numbers don't, in the end, matter.  Far from it!  My experience in AH has been "he who has the numbers resets".  There are certainly exceptions to every rule and I am sure others can (and probably will) state those incidences but day in and day out the country with the numeric advantage rules AH.  Some squad rotations around the three countries can change imbalances but the longer one side wins resets the more pilots will gravitate to the winning side.

If pilots are logging off in Bish and Knitland because they are getting beaten up then that speaks to their commitment to their fellow "country men" that they leave behind when they log off.  As a rook I do not see my fellow Rooklanders logging off because of our numeric disadvantage.  We have learned to cope with that constant reality.  From vox chatter I hear I believe I can say with a fair amount of assurance that rooks are pretty proud of how well we do in spite of being out numbered.

Hwkeye
The Original Flying Tigers
« Last Edit: August 26, 2002, 08:52:31 PM by Hwkeye »

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Whine.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 09:21:30 PM »
WHIIIIIIINE

The evil knightrook alliance have settled thier differences and are now constantly gangbanging us poor defenseless bishops!  I pay my $15 a month, my team should do NOTHING BUT WIN!!! Getting gangbanged makes things no fun for me

SOMETHING MUST BE DONE, OR I WILL QUIT!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Soviet

• Nickel Member
      • http://flanker2.8m.net
Balance teams
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2002, 10:06:49 PM »
where's that whining forma again?

Offline AtmkRstr

• Nickel Member
Balance teams
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2002, 11:33:12 PM »
The Knights ussually have a number advantage in US primetime, when the MA is the most full.
The bish seem to have numbers every other time.

So, some Knights in US primetime should move to Rook.

Basically, if you're team consistently has numbers in whatever time slot you normally play in, please consider switching.

BTW, when knights have poor numbers, I'm more likely to stay on.

Offline sutpid

• Copper Member
Balance teams
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2002, 01:21:21 AM »
I have no problems with #s jsut wait till the next RJO last tiem we had 210+. even if we outnumbered just means  more kills for us.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Balance teams
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2002, 06:23:39 AM »
I concur with my fellow Rook Hwkeye.  I actually squelched 4 rooks yesterday because of useless banter cycling pertinent stuff faster.   We MORE THAN hold our own in the MA.   We slammed the door on a fruitless raid from A1 to A19, by the Bishes last night.  

Karaya2

Numbers don't bother me a bit, I love being the underdog.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Balance teams
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2002, 07:50:27 AM »
Originally posted by Innominate
huh?

This post should be about a month old.  Things have swing in the favor of the knights who now usually have the numbers advantage.

I would disagree.  When was the last time the Knights actually won a reset?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Balance teams
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2002, 08:26:15 AM »
Go, you are RIGHT!  I usually stick to my opinion.  And the "regulars" no mine.  But I have to say the "outmatched" Rook have had more resets than the Knights.  

That is not to take ANYTHING away from the Knights AT all.  Duedel, Freeze, and some others.  Somehow, someway I accidently flew a mission with the Knights (Duedel).   But I enjoyed the teamwork of the Knights that I had the priviledge of flying with.  I did NOT feel "out of place".   We fought at A41, which happened to be Bish base.

Say what you want, different people log on at different times.  Is this really that tough to figure out?   You shouldn't need a slide rule to figure it out.

Karaya2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Balance teams
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2002, 08:59:54 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster

Last night

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Balance teams
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2002, 09:47:42 AM »
hum ...

I just don't play enought ...

in about 3 year in AH I've seen only 3 reset ...

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Balance teams
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2002, 11:00:50 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster

After a VERY nasty bishop gangbang reset - knights and rooks took after the bishops with great glee and knights won reset with a 2 base margin of victory over rooks.

Offline Catching Spies

• Zinc Member
Balance teams
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2002, 11:05:06 AM »
"Unless a method is put in place to balance the number of players per-side it makes it very diffcult for a new player to get interested and stay with AH for a long period of time".

Even most FPS have auto team balancing this may be a feature that may have to be examined further.