Author Topic: Monday's Furball Fever deemed successful  (Read 400 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Monday's Furball Fever deemed successful
« on: April 24, 2001, 08:10:00 AM »
Last count I had were roughly 25 pilots mixing it up high and low at fields A1>>A2.

We began with a set of Russian and Japans aircraft..Krusher recommended we just go FFA and allow folks to fly what they needed practice in, and I concured with the amount of folks coming in randomly.

It was a great turn out! <S> everyone that attended.  Let's keep this going, its good to just get down and dirty, and as new planes are released in AH, this is a good time to flight test them.

<S>

(P.S. Had a relative call 45 min into the Furball fever and had to log)

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2001, 08:15:00 AM »
was Lazs there?

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »
I showed up late, but there were still people in there. Furred at A1 to A2 for a while. Then regurge and I talked nimitz and krusher into doing some no icons from A21 to A22. Kept losing them in the terrain, then they were all over me!  

They shall pay!

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2001, 08:39:00 AM »
I think pretty much everyone had a blast  

thanks Rip <S>

Krush

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2001, 08:41:00 AM »
hblar, didnt we end up even? Those no icon fights are rough !

see ya next week for the rubber match  

Krush

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2001, 08:48:00 AM »
I had fun, would be willing to do this every night. Got caught in the "Krusher" a couple times myself.   Split a few with Regurge, too.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2001, 09:28:00 AM »
Was there at A1/A2 for a few fites, I think its better than the MA on most days. Plus that low alt no icon stuff hblair, Frenchy, Nomde and I did few days ago was terrifying, but so much fun.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2001, 09:28:00 AM »
Yes Laz was not in attendance, but (correct me if I'm wrong, Laz) I think laz wants to be shooting down A/C in an arena that has 100+ so that his kills are exposed in the text buffers of many more pilots, combined with the fact that he'd get his butt handed to him with the quality of pilots I saw present in the DA last night. <G,D,R>  

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
I apologize for not knowing all the old timers names, but we had some really good pilots in the arena last night.

Ripsnort
Drano
Hblair
Kieran
Zigrat
Otter
Levithan
Mighty1
Bessie
Anarky
AkNimitz
Westy
Busc
Ammo
Trip

So if you missed it look at the people you could have shot at !! <G>

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2001, 09:32:00 AM »
oh not to mention Brat is flying now <G>

lazs

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2001, 09:58:00 AM »
that is correct rip.  I am perhaps the worst pilot in this game and very cautious of even that rep.  I also like to go where my buddies go and if there is a good fight in the MA I prefer it.   I also don't like historical planesets as I am too easily bored with the lack of variety of the fights.  
lazs

Offline anRky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.domogarden.com
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2001, 09:59:00 AM »
I had a fantastic time!  It was great to finally get a chance to mix it up and see what some of these planes (and I) can do, without having to suffer a long flight between fights.

Lots and lots of great fights, and not a lot of squeaking.  

anRky

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2001, 10:04:00 AM »

Originally posted by lazs:
that is correct rip.  I am perhaps the worst pilot in this game and very cautious of even that rep.  I also like to go where my buddies go and if there is a good fight in the MA I prefer it.   I also don't like historical planesets as I am too easily bored with the lack of variety of the fights.  
lazs

Laz, we dropped the historical plane set 30 min. into it. The floor was open for any A/C after that.

My post was Tongue in cheek, you're obviously a better pilot than most IMO.  That is where this arena shines...haven't you always wanted to shoot down a better pilot than you?  The DA now narrows it down to where you can find him!  And if you don't succeed, you might actually learn *why* hes a better pilot.  

You asked for it, HTC delivered, your hangars aren't bombed, and now you won't fly in it. Sheesh Laz.    Convince your 'buddies' to come, it can't be all that big of number now can it?  

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 04-24-2001).]

lazs

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »
well... maybe i exagerated... I'm just one of the worst not the worst.  Looking at the list of guys in that arena I have to say that I am (even at my pathetic skill level) better than all those guys <G>.   Oh, Also, I might have mentioned a couple dozen times that i don't like seperate arenas.  

Honestly... the more I'm around the less things change.  I recall how the guys in WB HA considered themselves the "best" pilots, the elite, and how even I could do better in there than in the main.

not to say i will never go in there... "never" is a word for fools.   I do like the variety of the MA.   Fix the field capture silliness and u won't need to chase people into a seperate arena.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2001, 12:41:00 PM »
Hehe, Laz, somehow I feel that no matter what HTC does to gameplay, arenas, etc... that the pessimistic half glass of water will always be half full with you. Ya dang near have an excuse for everything.  

<S>