Author Topic: How about... All F4U-1C Day!?!?  (Read 239 times)

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
How about... All F4U-1C Day!?!?
« on: April 24, 2001, 09:11:00 AM »
Let's all fly only F4U-1C today!

Everybody can fly it without getting called FU2 moron, the RAF, the Luftwaffe and IJN! Everybody could throw away their pride and fly the damn plane!

Those who say it is easy to fly can test it personally without feeling quilty. Those flying it all the time could get idea how others feel when they dont see anything else but F4U's. Those who fly harder to master planes could have a opportunity to pad their scores and get 10 kill missions. Ann I am not joking.

Maybe it even could get somebody at HTC thinking that something is not quite right in MA.

------------------
jochen / Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolschevismus!
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »
Nice idea Jochen, but how can we get rid of the stench afterwards??? And how to get back the selfrespect???  

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2001, 09:27:00 AM »

Nice idea Jochen, but how can we get rid of the stench afterwards??? And how to get back the selfrespect???

Well, the idea is to give everyone excuse and opportunity to fly 1C wihtout having to feel guilty or dirty afterwards because you were pratically forced to fly it.

This is a serious idea! Think it as a form of mild protest too...

------------------
jochen / Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Sieg oder bolschevismus!
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2001, 09:39:00 AM »
How exactly is this different from what we have in the MA every day?

lazs

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2001, 09:50:00 AM »
I will go a step further.... i don't fly em but I would invite any of the winers to fly em for an entire tour with immunity from being called bad names (they are all so sensitive).   At the end of that tour they could tout their scores and really prove just what a dweeb, easy to fly, easy to get kills in plane it was.   Perhaps with such talented folks flying it it would at last come out better than planes like the P47 and d9 in K/D ratio.
lazs

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2001, 12:34:00 PM »
I could care less what others want me to fly.  If I wanna fly it, I will...its my $30...actually a little more since I have to pay tax on it since I am in the same state as HTC.    You guys really crack me up....why do you need some "amnesty day" to fly the F4U-1C?  Why do you worry so much that others might see you in a Chog?  Fek 'em!!!  Fly what you want and have fun!!!!  I think a lot of folks here have lost sight of that objective...having fun.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2001, 02:45:00 PM »

Originally posted by sling322:
I could care less what others want me to fly.  If I wanna fly it, I will...its my $30...actually a little more since I have to pay tax on it since I am in the same state as HTC.    You guys really crack me up....why do you need some "amnesty day" to fly the F4U-1C?  Why do you worry so much that others might see you in a Chog?  Fek 'em!!!  Fly what you want and have fun!!!!  I think a lot of folks here have lost sight of that objective...having fun.

That's exactly why there should be a MA and a HA (once/if there are enough active pilots to populate both to reasonable amounts.)  Some people have fun flying what/when/how they want.  Some people have fun flying Axis/Allies (or even individual countries.)  It's obvious the main arena caters to the what/how/when folks, and that's great, cuz if you could poll everyone that played, not just those who post here, my guess would be the majority would be the W/W/H crowd.  Which do I want?  Both!!!  Yes, there is the special events arena, but it's not persistent!

BTW, this whole response wasn't directed at ya, sling.  Just was using your post as the springboard.

Oh, I'm sure someone is gonna look and see this is like my 7th post.  Yeah, I've logged maybe 5-6 hrs game time in the MA, and don't really have the experience or feel of the game/genre to talk intelligently on the issue.  However, I come from the fantasy online RPG genre.  The MA vs. HA issue is extremely similar to the Twink/Hack-n-Slash/Griefer vs. Roleplayer issue in RPGs.  It's tougher on the historical/RPer side to co-exist with the other side because total immersion is lost.  Example is I'm flying in a Seafire and I'm engaged with a 190.  Immersion, I can believe I'm in the RAF and he's a in the LW.  I spot a Tempest, and have to go evasive cuz he's a Knight and I'm a Bish.  Immersion lost.  This is basically why people want a HA and why they fly the special events like Hostile Shores.  They want the immersion in addition to the plain old fun of flying WWII aircraft.

Sorry for the long rambling post.  I'm bored at work!!!  
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2001, 01:36:00 AM »
Nicely said Nifty!! <S>

------------------
~Kirin~

[This message has been edited by Kirin (edited 04-25-2001).]
Real men fly Radial!

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2001, 02:18:00 AM »
LOL Jochen, IJA Squadron flying Spit9 and c-hog too. <G> Gimme Ki-61 or any IJA fighter!  

Offline troxel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2001, 03:45:00 AM »
You got my vote Nifty.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2001, 06:47:00 AM »
Make it a p38 day that would be my day  

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2001, 06:50:00 AM »
"...Those who fly harder to master planes could have a opportunity to pad their scores and get 10 kill missions...".

But imagine how embarrassed the whiners will be when their K/D doesn't improve dramatically after flying the Chog.

For my own information, which are these so called "master" planes?  I've just got to get me one. Do I have to take some sort of test before I'm allowed to fly one?  

bowser

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2001, 09:36:00 AM »
24 hrs is too short!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2001, 09:50:00 AM »
Where are you, pansy?