Author Topic: Come to Seattle  (Read 266 times)

Offline Yoj

• Copper Member
Come to Seattle
« on: April 24, 2001, 09:20:00 AM »
Come to Seattle

Hail warriors.  This is an invitation to you to come and join the fun in Seattle at AWCon2001. You may wonder why I'm posting something on your boards about another game (especially one about which there may be some strong feelings).  Well, the fact is I'm not.  This is an invitation to ALL air combat sim players to come, enjoy the camaraderie, the activities, and the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.  

The 2001 Seattle Con started out as another AW Con, but some sad things happened to that game and many, myself included, have left it behind.  BUT, the Con goes on!  We have decided to make this a convention, not for Air Warrior, but for air warriors - for ALL of us who love this kind of gaming, care about aviation, or remember the bravery of those who flew in WW2.  (For those of you who might have concerns, AWCon2001 is NOT affiliated with either EA or Kesmai Studios).  
We have an excellent agenda prepared for you, including an outing to the great Abbotsford Air Show, a banquet dinner at the Museum of Flight, speakers including General Robin Olds (WW2 double ace, and one of only three air aces in Vietnam), the annual Con Golf Tourney and lots of games, prizes and other activities.  Some of you ex-AW players have been to a Con, and you know what a blast they are.  Come and join in.  For you guys who have not been to one, come and find out, August 9-12 in Seattle.  For more information and registration, our site is http://www.shepherdsfold.com/awcon/  .

Hope to see you there.

Ken Williams

(YOJ)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Come to Seattle
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2001, 09:23:00 AM »
Hiya Yoj!
I would love to attend, unfortunatly I will be out of town on vacation that week.  Hope you enjoy yourselfs!

<S>

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Come to Seattle
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2001, 09:39:00 AM »
heck Rip, you can go on vacation anytime. How often can you get drunk and passout in a very public place..

umm never mind  

Krush <who already sent his check in>

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Come to Seattle
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2001, 12:35:00 PM »
WWhere the heck has Yoj been lately??

J_A_B

Offline Yoj

• Copper Member
Come to Seattle
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2001, 12:41:00 PM »
Who's Yoj?

"WWhere the heck has Yoj been lately??"

Offline DamnedATC

• Copper Member
Come to Seattle
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
Yoj

So we can play aces high there?  

Former AW player, ->ATC, attended last years con. BTW, Jordi did a great job!!

ATC
Damned MKL
Aces High

Offline MiG Eater

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.avphoto.com
Come to Seattle
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2001, 01:34:00 PM »
I'm also one of the organizers for the Seattle Con along with Yoj, Fry, and Ssnif.  I can also report that I have confirmed the attendance of a second speaker, Colonel Bill Holloman of the Tuskegee Airmen.  Colonel Holloman is a dymanic speaker and part of his presentation includes a set of original color(!) slides from WW2.  They have to be seen to be believed.  Please check at the website listed above for regular updates to the rapidly growing program schedule.

MiG

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Come to Seattle
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »

Originally posted by MiG Eater:
Colonel Holloman is a dymanic speaker and part of his presentation includes a set of original color(!) slides from WW2.  They have to be seen to be believed.  Please check at the website listed above for regular updates to the rapidly growing program schedule.

MiG

We had him at the NW WB's con a couple years back, there is not enough of those slides!  He shoulda taken more pics!  

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
Come to Seattle
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2001, 03:11:00 PM »

Originally posted by Yoj:
Who's Yoj?

"WWhere the heck has Yoj been lately??"

Some idiot...

=oD

Offline Yoj

• Copper Member
Come to Seattle
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2001, 04:12:00 PM »
Bratty!!!  Come to Seattle - there's too much love here  

Offline AKSneaky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.usaserve.net\sneakynet
Come to Seattle
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2001, 04:21:00 PM »
RIP you still comming to the McChord Air Show?

Northwest Fly-In

Offline Yoj

• Copper Member
Come to Seattle
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2001, 09:23:00 AM »
Okay - so, the word is "CON".

Spread the word.

- Yoj

Offline Yoj

• Copper Member
Come to Seattle
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »
Hey ATC - don't assume that won't be possible.  If it can be worked out, it will be.

- Yoj

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Come to Seattle
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2001, 10:00:00 AM »

Originally posted by AKSneaky:
RIP you still comming to the McChord Air Show?

Northwest Fly-In

Yessir I am, where you going to be?  I'll be the tattoo'd guy with sinewy arms, a Brown B17 hat pushing a stroller.