Author Topic: Leading by example  (Read 350 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Leading by example
« on: April 24, 2001, 11:10:00 PM »
Mathman gave us a great example of great behavior a couple of days ago.

The 56th launched a jabo from A9 to P14 (3 strikes (pollock, Nacho and myself, 2 A2A (Nomde and Sancho)).

We proceeded to P14 and wreacked the place unopposed. (A10 was under heavy attack from the rooks). Sunchaser volonteered to bring a goon from A9 to P14. We spreaded to make a protective sphere around the goon : Sancho/Nomde SW to A11, Pollock NE to A10, myself S to A15. (Nacho having been lost to ack).

To our no-luck, all friendlies stopped attacking A10 and defenders realized our dots at P14. The first one of them was Mathman. He flew at wave top full speed in a F4D, and could reach the goon (in seight of P14) before we realized he was there.

He got the goon, but it was signing his death warrant as Pollock and me came for retaliation. We finally got him where he belongs (floating on a raft with the goon crew).... not without him putting some bullets on my new paint job (lucky he wasn't flying a F4C  ).

There comes more defenders from A10, niki's and spits (standard vulched field plane). I got into the turnfight with pollock, I can blast a niki before someone sends me down. Pollock/Sancho/Nomde came in and destroyed all eni turnfighters around.

I call a RTB for the squad from my virtual grave. They proceed back toward home but have to fly near A10.

Then comes Mathman who re-upped in a D9, and calls my 3 low P47s RTBing in seight. I contact him on chanel 1 and ask him :Please Mathman, let my boys RTB, they deserve it ... They already fighted their way out, I knew that a fight with Mathman would make them stay E of A10 and that soon enought they will all succomb to an uncessant wave of fighters from A10.

Mathman, very courteously, agreed to renonciate to the figth and RTBed.

Saddly, one of Mathman's country squadron, wasn't so nice and elected to launch with 2 Nikis, 1 Spit and a LA7 for a revenge on the P47s who already killed them at P14.

I re-upped in a P51D, came just in time to join the low fight where Nomde/Pollock/Sancho where trying to survive the turnfighter wave. I got 2 more before going down, i think we lost 1 more 56th plane but we still managed to win this low dogfight. I know at least Sancho made it home, maybe Nomde.

This is a perfect example of two very different type of behaviors. I have no "hard feelings" versus the squadron who elected to kill us at all cost (and who didn't suceeded anyway...hihihi...shame). Everybody plays the way he wants.
But for sure, mathman's attitude was very refreshing, courteous and sporting, SALUTE!

The 56th hold you in high respect Mathman, WTG!

------------------
Olivier "Frenchy" Raunier
   http://www.jump.net/~cs3" TARGET=_blank>63rd FS, 56th FG
"Zemke's Wolfpack"
You may want to fly above this red light, Olivier "Frenchy" Raunier while flight instructing on short final runway 04 KMLB.

[This message has been edited by SFRT - Frenchy (edited 04-24-2001).]
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
Leading by example
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
Frenchy,

Thanks for the kind words.  With the way that all the trash-talk and name calling has been flowing through here and in the arena, it is very refreshing to hear someone actually say something nice about you.  Then again, I would expect no less than this from you Frenchy, a class act all the way around!  <S> and thanks!

-math (who hopes the next time he comes across Frenchy and the rest of the 56th he has lots of alt, ammo, his D-9, and luck before engaging their P-47's  )

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Leading by example
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2001, 10:42:00 AM »
Frenchy, that girl is jumping off your plane in flight... why ?  

Math, 300 pushups for letting go the opportunity to kill that Frenchy_guy! (Someone has to do it, I susualy run away when i see those P47's in tight groups...)

<S!>

------------------
Saw
[MASS]

"Special cocktails for ladies with nuts."
seen is a restaurant

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 04-25-2001).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Leading by example
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2001, 03:22:00 PM »
Yup..

Math is an excellent opponent and has the right attitude, he gained my respect right from our 1st fight. There are many others like Math out there and the flying community is much better for it.

Attitudes should be left at the login prompt, cause theres no place for it in a large community.

Dog out...........

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Leading by example
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2001, 04:23:00 PM »
Still, not a good reason enough to miss a "Frenchy-Kill".

<giggle>

Saw
[Mass]

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 04-25-2001).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Stahler72

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fmfnet.com/cmc/
Leading by example
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2001, 12:54:00 AM »
Honor and respect are more than enough reason to pass up a kill of even Citabria (just kiddin Cit.)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Leading by example
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2001, 05:26:00 AM »
now that was a very nice thing to do. TY Mathman, much appreciated.

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Leading by example
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2001, 05:44:00 AM »
...need to kill ammo too  

Saw

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
Leading by example
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2001, 06:38:00 AM »
One of the things I really hate about MA flying is you can go and have a successful mission but the guys you shoot down over target area can always re-up (usually in N1K, LA7, or Chog   ) and catch you on your way home.  It's the nature of the beast though and we deal with it.

Thanks Math.  Ya didn't have to turn away, and I wouldn't think any worse of you if you didn't.  <S>

Offline Degas

• Zinc Member
Leading by example
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2001, 07:16:00 AM »
Good on you, Math  

I've had this wierd idea for a few days now.  I know it will never happen, but it would certainly be interesting.

What would happen if, after you get shot down in a particular category, you could only pick one of the OTHER categories to fly/man for a short, limited period of time?

If you got shot down in a fighter, for instance, you could only re-up in a bomber or vehicle or man a field gun for, say, 10 minutes?

Just an interesting concept, lol.  Then again, I am only on my first cuppa java this morning  

Offline ElLobo

• Zinc Member
Leading by example
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2001, 04:20:00 AM »
How about this idea..If you get killed you can only up from a rear base..then you would have to fly back to the frontline bases. More realistic and it would give us a reason for trying to stay alive. Would also stop people from reupping and killing the guy that just killed them who is out of fuel and ammo.

------------------
Aces of America
Fly to Live, Live to fly
Do or Die

Offline darling

• Zinc Member
      • http://peterson.gm.is
Leading by example
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2001, 04:37:00 AM »
But vulching is FUN :-)

Nah, it wouldn't work. I never fly anything but fighters, and I would just log or chat till my fighter reup came back. Not that I get killed often though, the runstang is just too fast, and if I ever enter medium alt (-15k), it's because I'm in a bounce or because of wilbuz in his high Tank :-)

Regards
Darling

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Leading by example
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2001, 05:42:00 AM »

Originally posted by Wardog:
Attitudes should be left at the login prompt, cause theres no place for it in a large community.

Dog out...........

<throws a well aimed beer can at WD>

_burp_

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Leading by example
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2001, 05:44:00 PM »
Always fun to fight frenchy and his squaddies. Always the good pilot as well as the good sport.