Author Topic: Cheating  (Read 360 times)

MrSiD

Cheating
« on: March 15, 2001, 10:38:00 AM »
I just wondered to 'Stealth Elite Clan FFA' arena on h2h and met a true wannabe loser..

Newu650 (of course) was bragging how he's going to make mod's to aces high and different kind of cheats..

Argh my blood is really boiling atm.

That kind of people disgust me. They really do.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Cheating
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2001, 10:40:00 AM »
Ahhh, Mr Sid, I'm gonna save you hours of "UBB-police" propaganda  

---> Don't talk about them on the BB, that's all they are waiting for !

At your service,

------------------
MASS/SAW

click  HERE for info on III./JG 5 Eismeer

When I was younger I hated going to weddings.
It seemed that all of my aunts and the grandmotherly types used to  come up to me, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next."
They stopped that stuff after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 03-15-2001).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Greese

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/greese125
Cheating
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2001, 02:25:00 PM »
Isn't that sorta how AH got started???  Maybe this kid is going to make the next new great WWII sim...  
Maybe not.

Offline Dusky

• Zinc Member
Cheating
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2001, 01:25:00 AM »
I was there to witness this, under the callsign "Myst". After a few minutes of him bragging about the hack he was intending to make, it was quite obvious that this "man" was a kid. Got me real pissed off for an hour, but just avoided mailing HT about it.

Dusky

(MrSid=CJ) ?

PakRat

Cheating
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2001, 08:33:00 AM »
I wouldn't worry too much about them - they are just misfits that think hacking is some proof of manhood in a twisted way. They generally aren't that smart - lots of talk. Most are just script kids.

---
PakRat
http://www.jump.net/~cs3" TARGET=_blank>63rd FS, 56th FG
"Zemke's Wolfpack"

"I see dead people"

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
Cheating
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2001, 06:07:00 PM »
I definitely think some guys were cheating last night.  They'd warp in with cloaking devices on and blast away. I was flying as a Rook about 1:30 a.m (PST) out of the base at the southern tip of the "lake" NE of the Bish HQ (at that time).  Three times I got shot down by invisible cons. The first I was in a Spit climbing out at only about 5K very near the base.  I was spiraling up and doing constant visual checks because the sector bar said nme's were in my sector.  There was nothing in the area when WHAM, I get blasted. Ok I say to myself, I'll count that as being caught off guard but still couldn't figure out how he got thru without me seeing him and not showing up on our local base DAR (red dot)which was still up.   Next mission, I decided to take a Lanc to bomb Bish HQ.  Climing straight out to about 7k there was nothing on dar, not even a red status bar.  All of a sudden the red bar appears and almost instantly I'm getting shot at by an invisible plane.  Based on my position and no activity in adjacent sectors it would've been impossible for a con to get to me that quickly after the sector nme bar appeared.  The third time again I was in a Lanc again going to bomb Bish HQ.  This time I was in the external view doing complete 360 scans.  I'm still in the external view when I hear pings on my airplane AND THERE'S NOT A PLANE IN SIGHT!!! I switch to tail gun position and nothing there!  Nada. Zilch.  Each time it was by a different arena callsign.  One was "Yuto" and another was "gsling".  It definitely was NOT ground fire as I was too high and my connectivity was good and had been good all night.  Decided to just quit and log off.  Can't fight was you can't see.  Did anyone else have this happen last night?

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
Cheating
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2001, 07:40:00 PM »
In my experience with another sim a couple of years ago the best thing to do is document what you can and email the official sim admin/creator.  Hopefully the "gaming the game" behavior will not be tolerated.

MrSiD

Cheating
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2001, 07:44:00 PM »
FYI MrSiD = MrRiplEy on h2h, ex mrsidl on WB.

Not an oldttimer  

I think it's sad how some people think they can feel good about themselves by cheating.. The fact is however that they only admit to themselves that they don't have what it takes to survive with fair terms. Even if nobody else finds out theyre cheating..

- MrSiD

PakRat

Cheating
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2001, 10:24:00 PM »
gsling has been around. I doubt he's hacking.

However, Pollock1 and I ran across a Lanc that appeared to have an endless supply of bullets in its defensive guns. I messaged the pilot directly and asked if it was hacked. He originally responded yes but then said no. I had already been shot down so didn't experience the full endless guns thing that Pollock did.

I just sent an email to HTC with the players handle andfigure they can take care of it to see if it really was a hack (I can't say for sure) and then decide what to do.

Only thing I know for a fact is that if hackers are allowed to thrive, AH will die. It's true of any sim.

If you see what you suspect as hacking, hopefully you'll have film and if you don't still report it to HTC.

---
PakRat
http://www.jump.net/~cs3" TARGET=_blank>63rd FS, 56th FG
"Zemke's Wolfpack"

"I see dead people"