Author Topic: Rooks Reset with Tempest Terror Tactics  (Read 293 times)

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
Rooks Reset with Tempest Terror Tactics
« on: April 25, 2001, 12:03:00 AM »
A dozzen Tempest took down a large base with a few Lancasters with an effectivness I didnt think the Rooks were capable of.  I think this is what perk points are all about.  Take those well earned points and use them to make a base taking blitz.  The loss rate was almost nil.

WTG ROOKS!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2001, 12:16:00 AM »
Zigrat came up with that one. He conjured that mission up last week. We used it to take A12 then, and it went much smoother than this one. The whole field was dead within 3-4 minutes of the tempests diving in on it. Tonight I believe we had 12 tempests, and about 4 Lancs. We weren't able to down all the hangars in the first wave, so we had to call in extra bombers and jabo's to clean up the rest of the targets. Was a blast, for sure.

I've gotten to looking forward to Tuesday nights now (our squad night). When The Assassins have a good turnout (10-12 or so squaddies) plus we hook up with 10 or more fellow countrymen, somebodys gonna get buggered.  

------------------

EMAIL        hblair@aceshighcs.com      
EMAIL        assassins@aceshighcs.com      

[This message has been edited by hblair (edited 04-25-2001).]

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2001, 06:41:00 AM »
Yup, was a blast.  I logged on for a quick 30min to run a sortie or two and ended up flying my tempest through 11 kills and 4-5 assists over the 2.5hrs following the launch of the mission to take 12.  The only sortie I flew last night  

Starting with hunting goon hunters from tg13 (3kills) while 11 was captured.  Then rearming/refueling at 10 and heading for 14 and capping for that capture, then heading for 15 and helping clear the way for that capture and the reset(6kills in the second hop of the sortie).  Rearm/refuel at 15 (thank God it was friendly after the reset) and heading southwest, then west to 8 and picking up 2 more kills before my boys woke up and I had to log.  Deffinately one for the 'A Sortie to Remember' catagory  

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
btw, CaveJ, was good to fly in the same area as ya last night.  Haven't had that opportunity in a while, and that poor Spit we chased didn't have a chance to get away... can't understand why you didn't want to come hunt PT's with me in your Tempest  

-Soda