Author Topic: CAP event frame 1 details  (Read 653 times)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
CAP event frame 1 details
« on: September 09, 2002, 08:07:40 AM »
Operation Weserübung

September 3rd 1939, Germany invades Poland!

Beginning of World War II. Iraq and Saudia-Arabia break diplomatic relations. Great Britain and France, followed by India, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand, declare war on Germany and begin the phoney war ("drole de guerre") in the west. As German armoured columns drove deep into Poland, the Luftwaffe had control of the air. The speed of the invasion gave it the name Blitzkrieg, or lightning war. Between the wars Danzig had been a free city which Hitler was eager to have as part of Germany. The Polish armies were soon encircled or forced to retreat. Although Britain and France declared war on 3 September, they were unable to intervene effectively on Poland's behalf. Germany's Blitzkrieg overran Poland from the west and on 17 September it was invaded by the Soviet Union from the east. On 27 September 1939 Warsaw surrendered and, two days later, Germany and the Soviet Union signed a treaty of friendship which partitioned Poland between them.

April 1940,
"Operation Weserübung": German troops invade Denmark and Norway.

Norway was strategically and economically important to both Germany and the Allies. Control of its coastline could either help Britain to strengthen its blockade, or provide Germany with suitable bases for its navy. It was also a vital outlet for Swedish iron ore, an essential part of Germany's war economy. Hitler decided to pre-empt an Allied move and on 1 March 1940 ordered the seizure of Norway and in the process, Denmark.  The LW attack was swift and unexpected, despite bad weather.  Oslo and it's surrounding installations fell quickly, now the only thing stopping the German advance up the country is Britain.

LW orders:
 The Fuhrer orders the capture of Bergen and Trondheim by any means necessary.  Once these are captured the Norwegien government is expected to unconditionally surrender.  British forces are expected to attempt to oppose any invasion however, at present there are no British forces located in Norway.  British Royal Navy ships have been reported patrolling coastal waters and the Aircraft carrier "Ark Royal" is also reported steaming for Norway.  In order to facilitate the capture of the ports, any other base in Norway may also be captured along the way in order to deny the enemy refueling stations.

RAF Orders:
Germany has invaded Denmark and southern Norway and is expected to move north quickly to occupy the ports of Trondheim and Bergen.  You must assist in the defence of Norway as best able.  Use superior British naval assets to maintain a blockade and stop any attempted landings by German forces.  Any attempt to transport troops further north in Norway by air should also be intercepted.  Air bases in Norway will be available to the RAF and FAA for refueling and rearming but no new aircraft are available from these bases, ie all spawning to be done in Britain or from the Ark Royal (CV40).

Equipment LW: 109E4, Ju88, C47 (subbing JU52), 110C4, LVTs. 1x Destroyer fleet, 1x cruiser fleet.

Equipment RAF: Hurricane MkI, TBM (subbing British light bomber), Boston (subbing Wellington), 2x Destroyer fleets, 1x Carrier fleet (CV40), 1x Cruiser battle group.

Map: Norway.

Arena settings:   Dot dar set to 5 miles and 500ft alt, Bar dar alt set to 45,000ft (ie no darbar), downtime set to maximum (ie, nothing rebuilds by end of frame), Norway airfields set to allied but no spawning there, only refueling.  When LW capture a field it is available for refueling for LW pilots but no spawning. Fuel set to 1:1. Icon range long.

Special info:  Fleets will be under player control (COs).  Starting locations TBD.  If any airfield has all fuel and hangers destroyed then no refueling is to be allowed.  CMs will watch these fields and anyone attempting to refuel will be shot down by manable ack.

Victory Conditions: Trondheim (P35) and Bergan (P37) must be captured by LW, if one is captured and the other is not then frame ends in a draw.  

« Last Edit: September 09, 2002, 08:13:51 AM by Swoop »

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 08:40:57 AM »
Swoop, who is the Axis and Allied CO?

And do Squads just pick a side?

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2002, 10:46:54 AM »
We dont have COs yet GA, you volunteering?

Offline GA

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2002, 11:10:58 AM »
Sorry Swoop, would just be fun to fly with the squad for this one;).

But if you get stuck on the CO thing, i wil back it up by stepping forward.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2002, 04:48:33 PM »
This looks great Swoop, count us in.

Sea Hurricanes of course.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2002, 09:22:20 AM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2002, 09:23:09 PM »
hi,
To be sure , CAP it start 5 pm EST?

ty

ramzey

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2002, 10:33:33 PM »
neg, 6pm EST (11pm GMT - 12pm CET) Ramzey, but please try to be early, especially for the 1st one.  

It's a new event with new CMs and we'd like less of a headache getting players organised since we'll prolly all have migraines by that time anyway.  :D

« Last Edit: September 10, 2002, 09:18:32 AM by Swoop »

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2002, 01:52:31 AM »
ok thx:)

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2002, 09:05:17 AM »
308 is ready for that show :)
Would love to fly on Allied side!

Offline Rompa

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2002, 01:44:39 PM »
Swoop just to confirm start of event 11pm GMT /12pm CET is that 11pm BST and 24:00 CET

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2002, 01:48:11 PM »
Yep thats 11pm in Great Britain and midnight in central Europe.....oh and 6pm East Coast USA.

Please aim to be in the SEA early, earlier the better.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2002, 02:08:18 PM »
CAP isn't going to last long.  :(

Because the war is going to end here baby!  Kiss your tulips and the fatherland goodbye LW!

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2002, 03:07:29 PM »
I respectfully request that some enemy plane shoot me down no later than 7:40pm ET if I have not already landed and left the arena.  ;)  FSU game starts at 7:45pm and I'll be glued to the TV at that point.  Then again, that means I'd prolly just fly straight and level back to home then quickly land, so you might get a free kill if ya find me!  :D

Anyways, unless I get invited to do something special for the game, I plan on being there for the event flying for the RAF!  :)  I don't think the Mongrels are flying in it as a squad (could be mistaken) so if it's ok with GA, I'll tag along with the Vikings!  !
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline GA

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2002, 06:27:31 AM »
Dumb question Nifty;).

Get your bellybutton over to the Viking Bar and start warming up:D

PS: Nifty, just give me a confirmation on if you gona fly with us so i can set you up on the Formation setup.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2002, 09:04:42 AM »
cc, I'll be there!  

The TV will be positioned so that I can catch the start of the FSU game if we're still up when it kicks off.  ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.