Author Topic: Please - Your input greatly appreciated  (Read 2139 times)

chester

Please - Your input greatly appreciated
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 1999, 11:01:00 AM »
I've been hooked on prop planes since i was a kid.(D.O.B.1946}Victory At Sea,a T.V. program really cemented my love.

Realistic{within the limits of home computers}arenas is what i'd like to see.Open arena furballing ofcourse has its place,i just find it to be boring and pointless.

Offline Windle

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 1999, 11:06:00 AM »
1) Corsair (primarily)

2) Historical (definately)

------------------
~Lt. Jg. Windle~

VF-17 The Jolly Rogers 8X
      Skychrgr@aol.com

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 1999, 11:35:00 AM »
1) Luftwaffe, Bf109F (was 109G before as FAF used it on WWII, but I found it so darn difficult to fight in WB, so I got stucked to F,  although You're right about FAF, Camouflage...

2) Historical ! Absolutely !

------------------
janneh down and out !

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 1999, 11:47:00 AM »
I fly level bombers. Of course the B-17 is the favourite ride but in any scenario I choose the side which has bombers to fly.

Az

------------------
Azrael
XO 487th BG (Heavy)
'The Gentlemen from Hell'

Offline fats

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 1999, 11:50:00 AM »
1.) Finnish Air Force, but try and find that in any flight sim, so the closest thing is Luftwaffe. As far as planes: Brewster Buffalo, Bf 109G-2 and early G-6, Fw 190A-4 to A-6 and BF 110G-2 in that order. If I can't fly any of those planes in a sim you'll have hard time finding me there. I knew AH was gonna have to come up with Fw 190A at least so that's why I did stick around. So my enjoyment is pretty much evolves totally around specific planes.

2.) ETO '43. Why is it that every sim either goes to the stone age with BoB, or to the rocket age of '44/'45 winter? ETO '43 is simply the best plane set around for historical match ups, IMO of course. Fat chance we're going to have FAF versus Red Air Force, so ETO '43 is the next best thing.

//fats

Swoosh

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 1999, 12:58:00 PM »
1) any

2) historical without a doubt

Altair

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 1999, 01:37:00 PM »
1)Luftwaffe, the most difficult to fly and always sub-modeled in any Sim. Second Japan planes, the state-of-the-art of maneovering planes in WWII. Romantic planes.
Carrier borne: F4U, challenging (as Luft planes) deadly and beauty, the only exception for allies.
Wait to see Italian and French one day.

2)Historical arenas, with balanced historical set of forces, planes percentages but always open to any joiner at ant moment. So if you joint and want to fly for a side which is full you have to choice the other or wait to have room.
Also historical missions and particular battles.

For "shoot-them-up" there is lots of Quake arenas.

Offline jedi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 1999, 03:13:00 PM »
I like em all.  Historical matchups are the most interesting, and I'd sign up for a sim where I had to fly in a single unit throughout the TOD, and had to alternate from one AF to the next on subsequent TODs.

Variety is good.  Learning new planes is good.

--jedi

Offline Extreme

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 1999, 04:27:00 PM »
1. At the moment I love flying the 109...no special attachments other than a challenge and it has great performance.  In transition to N1k2 at the moment so that might be my new ride...again no special attachments.

2. I like the challenge of dogfighting...that's really what I'm interested in.  Occasional scenario stuff adds flavour, but what I'm primary there for is the thrill of air combat.  It's good to know the history behind this, but I think sometimes it gets outa hand and ruins the game.  I like what HTC has done...

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 1999, 06:17:00 PM »
1. Luftwaffe Planes, but i like to test out all kind of WW2 Planes. I wanna feel the difference between the Planes.

2. Historical Arenas prefered here, i like the feeling to be Part of a WW2 movie.

greets from Germany
GhostFT
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 1999, 06:54:00 PM »
1) All WWII aircraft

2) Historical setups

Offline Fester'

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 1999, 01:12:00 AM »
1. Prop planes just do something for me.  Fascination with both WWI and WWII planes, all types. Special planes are the P-47, FW-A series, 109, spitfire and Zero.

2. Definately a historical matchup kind of person.

meza

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 1999, 01:33:00 AM »
When I fly my Bf109, I don't want to fight against freindly AC.(BF109, FW190 or N1K) but I have to  

So historical setting is my preference.

1).Luftwaffe, Japanese Navy, Japanese Army,

2).Histrorical

------------------
meza   <JP3ND>

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 1999, 02:46:00 AM »
1) My interest is Luftwaffe and my most liked planes are Fw 190 and Bf 109. Favourite enemies are US planes

2) If I just had to possibility to fly in one specific front and era, it would be 1943 in western europe. Good planes on both sides and numbers weren't too skewed that time.

------------------
jochen
Geschwaderkommodore
Jagdgeschwader 2 'Richthofen' (Warbirds)

If you ever get across the sea to England,
Then maybe at the closing of the day
The bars will all be serving German lager
Which means we won the war - hip hip hooray!

jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Teapot

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 1999, 03:01:00 AM »
1. Favourite aircraft is the F4U-1D .. done properly ( and P51-D second favourite  ).
2. I'd like a historical context, but I like the open arena concept as well ... especially when the planeset hasn't reached my favourite rides.

Just in case the poor deluded souls above aren't aware   the F4U-D is the COOLEST airplane ever produced. My poor C.O. (Jekyll) must be under too much pressure! He really means the F4U-1D that you won't be able to pry him from .. he got the pictures mixed up.

BTW .. I'm very green when it comes to dogfighting .. so you are all welcome to teach me your favourite lessons online  .

Cheers
Teapot.

------------------
Phoenix Squadron