Author Topic: Range Channel  (Read 407 times)

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Range Channel
« on: September 20, 2002, 01:49:02 PM »
I don't know if this has been addressed on this forum before, but I really would like to be able to squelch the range channel of the radio. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

GronK/Lager

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Range Channel
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2002, 03:44:40 PM »
It's been mentioned many times and deserves to be mentioned again. The ability to squelch the "base" or range freq is WAY overdue. I for one and extremely tired of listening to the same "anglo saxon" language by simple minded tards who simply MUST spew their limited vocabulary to all who are FORCED to listen to it thanks to this "feature" of the game.

My son and I really don't appreciate it and unlike the threads on this bbs which are VOLUNTARY to read we do not have a choice in the sound pack of the game.

HT, PLEASE, either DROP the range vox or give us a freaking mute for it. If I wanted to listen to this language I could simply go to any nearby Junior High school and listen to punks all day long. :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
Range Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2002, 08:38:44 PM »
I must agree that a squelch for area vox is needed. Can we have pretty please?

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Range Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2002, 09:10:29 PM »
.squelch x guy
 .vsquelch x guy

There is possibility a guy completely opposite to hooligan enters range a bit later, with valuable info. Or more likely, a player who is one of both choices: rude/polite + useful/troll, in which case you have choice between locking self in ivory tower or making patience to put up with the freak.

It's always:
1) your opinion
2) the other guy's opinion
3) some other weirdo's opinion
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Range Channel
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2002, 11:52:50 PM »
Originally posted by moot
.squelch x guy
 .vsquelch x guy

There is possibility a guy completely opposite to hooligan enters range a bit later, with valuable info. Or more likely, a player who is one of both choices: rude/polite + useful/troll, in which case you have choice between locking self in ivory tower or making patience to put up with the freak.

It's always:
1) your opinion
2) the other guy's opinion
3) some other weirdo's opinion

Moot, I did fine without vox at all in the game. I still tend to type messages even now. I do NOT need this type of language blasting from my speakers because some tard is too immature to moderate their own language. At this time I cannot squelch the channel which means I must listen to this drivel or turn the sound off. This is unacceptable. It needs to be fixed far more than we need eye candy in the game. If you want to listen to it that's fine but don't FORCE me to do the same. I heard enough of it when I was on the department and working the street.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
Range Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2002, 01:33:17 AM »
ok nm , i agree.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Range Channel
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2002, 02:43:42 AM »
.sqelching a play squelches their vox also.

I believe HT will never give the ability to squelch the range channel for the same reasons he doesn't allow us to squelch channel 2.  I believe he is hoping that it will increase teamwork and help develop a tighter community.

I'd just ask the offenders to keep the vox to only essential communication.  It usually works.

F.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
Range Channel
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2002, 03:47:14 AM »
Yes, I was thinking .vsquelch would be enough to solve the (unsightful) vox from some players.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Range Channel
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2002, 12:27:40 PM »
under setup / voice you can turn play volume all the way down.

Center slider, move it all the way left.

If you still hear them  boost the max "game volume" up and turn down your speakers a bit. Its masks ahv completely.

or you can just rant about how how you are "enforced" to listen to it. Which isnt true if you .vsquelch the people who you find so offensive. Or follow my little tip above.

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
Range Channel
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2002, 01:17:17 PM »
of course, turning down voice works...unless you are actually talking to your squad members. And squelching individual guys in the area gets old real quick. While listening to others isn't quite torture, it would be very nice to be able to tune that channel out altogether.

Offline Fancy

• Copper Member
Range Channel
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2002, 01:39:32 PM »
I guess I sort of agree, but if there are idiots blathering on range I use my brain to mute them out.  Works wonders.  There are some persistant idiots that get to me though and the one thing I would like is that squelches be persistant.  So if I squelch someone, i never have to squelch them again.  Perhaps to augment this feature we can still get the name icon in the upper right corner, but still not hear them and have a (squelch) tag next to their name.  Sometimes even idiots have something to say that you need to hear.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Range Channel
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2002, 02:40:25 PM »
It's funny how folks were all hot and bothered about foul language on the text buffer and players were muted by HT staff for it. Now we have the vox and there is no option, other than trying to read the name of the foul mouthed twit and then type in a squelch command for each and every one of them. At least with the text buffer I could squelch 2/3rds of them by squelching chanel 1. With the vox the sound is very intrusive and everyone in the area gets to hear these lil tards fire off their less than stellar vocabularies. Worse yet you can't capture it and send it in to get the situation rectified.

I find it even more amusing that this is defended by those who post against a mute.  I suppose they need this type of language for "immersion". I do not and my son who likes to use his computer in the same room as mine doesn't need to hear it either. Muting ALL vox is not an option as my squad makes frequent use of it. Why should I be deined productive use of this feature to get away from tards who cannot control themselves???

HT put a freaking mute on range vox please!
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown