Author Topic: Here we go again Liberals, Iraq allows insperctors back "unconditionally"!  (Read 963 times)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Here we go again Liberals, Iraq allows insperctors back "unconditionally"!
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2002, 10:55:05 AM »
"Horrible domestic performance?"

Uninspired, maybe, but "horrible"?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2002, 11:41:56 AM »
Very nice development, if it turns out to be true. One can always hope.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2002, 11:43:13 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM

Bush will find a reason to attack anyway because it is good for the polls and will distract from his horrible domestic performance.

How's that?

Think you may have Bush confused with Clinton Sandman. :p

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2002, 11:44:39 AM »
Bush has refused the Iraqi offer for unconditional UN weapons inspections. Funny, I was just getting ready to comment on why anyone would prefer going to war as opposed to finding a peaceful solution because so many posters expressed disapointment that Iraq's offer to the UN might be accepted. Well, cheer up, guys. War is what you want and it looks like war is what you're going to get. Now go join up, cause my child damn sure won't enlist in the military to die in some God-damned stinkhole halfway around the world. Fuggin amazing.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2002, 11:47:14 AM »
You have a daughter Elf... I don't think you have anything to worry about.
-SW

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2002, 11:52:40 AM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf
Bush has refused the Iraqi offer for unconditional UN weapons inspections. Funny, I was just getting ready to comment on why anyone would prefer going to war as opposed to finding a peaceful solution because so many posters expressed disapointment that Iraq's offer to the UN might be accepted. Well, cheer up, guys. War is what you want and it looks like war is what you're going to get. Now go join up, cause my child damn sure won't enlist in the military to die in some God-damned stinkhole halfway around the world. Fuggin amazing.

heard it was because it wasn't "unconditionally"

heard the inspectors were only allowed to "inspect" "military" sites

sorry, Saddam has to go

once we get an American friendly ruler in there, the rest of the region (& their oil) will see US in a new light
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2002, 11:54:35 AM »
War sucks.. period.

As long as Iraq doesn't build and use weapons of mass destruction I'm all for a peacful solution.

Problem is, do you belive them?
Do you really think they wont try to hurt the US and it's citizens?

I'm willing to stand up for my country.
I'm also willing to give this a try.

It all depends on how thorough the inspectors are.
How about the reports of the 'drones' capable of carrying biological weapons..  scarry stuff.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2002, 11:57:29 AM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf

While I acknowlege that it could be political posturing during the period preceding the acceptence of new Inspections, Dick Cheney said

A return of inspectors will provide no assurance whatsoever of compliance with U.N. resolutions. On the contrary, there is a great danger that it would provide false comfort that Saddam was somehow back in his box

When asked by Tim Russert to elaborate on this quote Cheney said

Yeah, I’m a real skeptic about inspections. But the key to inspections, if they’re going to work, is it’s essential that the inspectee, the target of the inspections, cooperate. And, of course, Saddam Hussein’s never done that. That’s one of the reasons that inspections haven’t achieved the desired result.

So I think that there is room for this to work. The administration has said in the past (as illustrated by the first quote) that inspections alone are not enough, but here Cheney seems to indicate that Inspections with enforocement may be acceptable.

Don't dust off your picket sign just yet elfenwolfe :)

-Sikboy

Oh, both quotes were taken from the Sept. 8th edition of Meet the Press
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2002, 11:59:11 AM »
Saddam has 25 Palaces.  They are off limits to inspectors.  Guess he needed quite a bit of concrete poured beneath these palaces, some sort of "basement" apparently. Gee, wonder if these basements could hold WMD?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2002, 12:00:20 PM »
The fat lady hasn't sang and we haven't gone to war, yet.

Suspect Hussein will push us to the brink before caving in. He needs to know that we'll go all the way. Once he does he'll give us what we want. A risky game to be sure.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2002, 12:19:55 PM »
I think some people have very short memories.  Sadaam has sponsored terrorism in the past and he is going to keep right on doing so until he is removed.

Bush Jr. is finishing a job that his old man started...but unfortunately too many bleeding heart liberals back then thought that we shouldn't violate Iraqi soverign territory to do so.

This had 2 effects:

1.  A whole lot of Kurds, who were promised help from the US, were left stranded and were butchered by Sadaam.  

2.  Sadaam lived to keep on supporting terrorism.

But, hey..you're right.  War is bad...it's just that sometimes it's necessary.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2002, 04:37:33 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
I think some people have very short memories.  Sadaam has sponsored terrorism in the past and he is going to keep right on doing so until he is removed.

Bush Jr. is finishing a job that his old man started...but unfortunately too many bleeding heart liberals back then thought that we shouldn't violate Iraqi soverign territory to do so.

This had 2 effects:

1.  A whole lot of Kurds, who were promised help from the US, were left stranded and were butchered by Sadaam.  

2.  Sadaam lived to keep on supporting terrorism.

But, hey..you're right.  War is bad...it's just that sometimes it's necessary.

Seems so simple doesn't it?  It's not like we've never been through this before.  How many times does evil have to apeased before the bleeding hearts will realize that it only makes that evil stronger?

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2002, 05:00:42 PM »
Originally posted by Udie

Seems so simple doesn't it?  It's not like we've never been through this before.  How many times does evil have to apeased before the bleeding hearts will realize that it only makes that evil stronger?

Bush was President.  He decided not to take down Saddam, not the 'bleeding hearts'.  

If the government has evidence linking Saddam to 9/11, we should have already attacked.  So far they have nothing.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2002, 05:42:39 PM »
Originally posted by Montezuma

Bush was President.  He decided not to take down Saddam, not the 'bleeding hearts'.  

If the government has evidence linking Saddam to 9/11, we should have already attacked.  So far they have nothing.

If you are refering to the Gulf war then you are wrong.  We were there to get him out of Kuwait and protect the Saudi's and thier oil.  Stormin Normin wanted to go all the way but Bush pulled the plug because of UN political pressure (enter the bleeding hearts)

We agree about the lack of evidence linking saddam to 9/11.  This isn't about that. This is about backing up words with action so that future words have force and meaning. Otherwise why do we have a UN?  As for now saddam said ok come back in no conditions. Well that's what they said at the end of the war 11 years and 16 violated UN resolutions ago.  Sept. 17, 2002 there are still no inspectors in Iraq.

Answer me this,  in 4 years how much stuff do you think they could hide where NOBODY will ever find it?  This is a BS smoke screen, which is nothing new for Saddam it's how he stays in power, pandering to the bleeding hearts out there.  Take him out and install a DEMOCRACY and then leave and let the people over there decide who leads them.  That is the ONLY answer to this.  That has been proven to work in the past, just look at Germany and Japan.

Bush Sr. had no mandate to go get Saddam. Would have been nice but the UN isn't farsighted enough.....

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2002, 05:49:29 PM »
Originally posted by AKSWulfe
You have a daughter Elf... I don't think you have anything to worry about.
-SW

Shhh SWulfe, in a perfect liberal world we'll draft the boys and the girls. Just disapointed  cause I thought Sadaam was making a concession to the UN is all. I feel like we should give every opportunity for a peace process to work before we commit to another war.