Author Topic: Translation please:Hitech: "Eskimo: Try disabling the Intellipro Keyboard software."  (Read 322 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
I can't find any such thing.  My system came with a Microsoft Internet keyboard.  Hitech responded to a thread of mine concerning CTDs with "Eskimo: Try disabling the Intellipro Keyboard software."

Where do I find it, and how do I shut it down?

Thanks,

eskimo

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Skuzzy:
"People with CTD problems
We have found that the Microsoft Intellipro software for the MS keyboards may be causing quite a few CTD's. We are still researching this, but anyone that is running this software (look in the system tray) should disable it and post here is it corrects your CTD problems or not.

Thank you."

How do I look in the system tray?

So far yet I haven't found any evidence that system has Intellipro software installed.

eskimo

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
That is not on my system as far as I can see. No help there for the CTD's in that case. Using win 98 V1 here.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Eskimo.....I recently built my father a PC from the ground up.  I bought him a microsoft internet keyboard.  It came with a cd installing the software for that keyboard.  If you've swapped keyboards (internet keyboard out)  try looking in add/remove software list to see if the software is listed there.  If it is remove it and try using a straight microsoft keyboard.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
I'm using Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro.
I have some CTDs in this patch, but I doubt this keyboard causes the CTD...

p.s
I don't install intelli softwares.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Originally posted by Hajo
Eskimo.....I recently built my father a PC from the ground up.  I bought him a microsoft internet keyboard.  It came with a cd installing the software for that keyboard.  If you've swapped keyboards (internet keyboard out)  try looking in add/remove software list to see if the software is listed there.  If it is remove it and try using a straight microsoft keyboard.

Yea, I looked there first.
I didn't see it in in the add/remove software list, and I don't have much listed...  
This computer is a hand-me-down, so I don't know what's on it very well.

Right now I'm looking in the Microsoft help site.

I really wish Microsoft would release a Windows Smooth & Simple Edition.   One without all the dang bells and whistles, just a clean simple version that's geared towards performance and stability.

eskimo

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
Gates's Law:
"Feature bloat of any new peice of software will double every six months"

btw the system tray is indented part of the task bar (the bar at the bottom of the screen, unless you've moved it) where the clock is (the items in the tray are displayed as mini-icons to the left of the clock). M

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Originally posted by Pei
Gates's Law:
"Feature bloat of any new peice of software will double every six months"

btw the system tray is indented part of the task bar (the bar at the bottom of the screen, unless you've moved it) where the clock is (the items in the tray are displayed as mini-icons to the left of the clock). M

All it shows is volume.

eskimo

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
ctrl-alt-del

use that it will open up a window with all the stuff your computer is running

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Eskimo...You don't necessarily HAVE to have the Intellipro software running.  I've got the MS Internet Pro keyboard here and chose not to install the software.  If you can't find it in add/remove, it probably isn't installed.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Originally posted by SOB
Eskimo...You don't necessarily HAVE to have the Intellipro software running.  I've got the MS Internet Pro keyboard here and chose not to install the software.  If you can't find it in add/remove, it probably isn't installed.

SOB

That's what i'm thinking too.

eskimo

Offline loser

• Silver Member
hmmm, you should be able to unistall it.

Your keyboard will work just fine, but you just wont be able to use any of those hot-keys.

Not really a big deal, i never use them anyway.

if it is installed it will be under the add/remove programs section in the control panel.

good luck
« Last Edit: September 18, 2002, 08:36:42 PM by loser »

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
eskimo, your system tray is the area of desktop directly to the left of your clock (assuming you are running a default desktop).  You will see many of the programs you are currently running there as small icons.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Eskimo////you prolly already tried this but here goes.

Select   Settings/Control Panel/Keyboard/ Properties....take a look there, should show you which keyboard is selected.  If it is internet keyboard can change it to standard english 101 keyboard.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Originally posted by Hajo
Eskimo////you prolly already tried this but here goes.

Select   Settings/Control Panel/Keyboard/ Properties....take a look there, should show you which keyboard is selected.  If it is internet keyboard can change it to standard english 101 keyboard.

Thanks Hajo.
I looked there as well.
I don't think the software was ever installed.

Prolly time to reinstall Windows.

eskimo