Author Topic: Hello, and a question.  (Read 343 times)

Offline gwartham

• Zinc Member
Hello, and a question.
« on: September 24, 2002, 01:02:06 AM »
While watching the discovery wings channel tonight I saw a ad for this game, so I thought I would check it out.

It is late, too late to do a lot of reading tonight, but from what I see of this game I am excited sofar, but the big question I have is can you crew the bombers with other players in this game?

Ages ago I used to play Air Warrior, and one of the highlights of that game for me was being able to actually have my buddies along for the ride with me.:)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2002, 01:05:36 AM »
You may have one gunner only. I believe that the gunner may come and go at will.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2002, 01:23:23 AM »
Welcome to the best sim out there < S >
A lot of answers to questions can be found in the manual available at the hitechcreations.com > HTC Home > downloads section. It is about 4.5Mb and is searchable and printable.
It has 99% of the keyboard commands and dot commands and very good explanations on most of the 'games' aspects.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline CornGiveAway

• Zinc Member
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 01:40:06 AM »
On Line WW2 flight simin rocks bud!Aces High is the cream of the crop right now,get it as a hobby,you will not regret it.I bet you will find some new freinds the first day! If ya start with the Knights that is, the others teams are mean ,and will treat you like toejam.Hope to see ya soon:)
Corn

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2002, 03:53:34 AM »
Gwarth,

With a lot of the big bombers, you can actually control three bombers at a time.  They fly in a V-type formation and if you lose the one you are piloting, you switch to the next bomber in the formation.  Also, the next update of the one following should be adding new or updated targets for the bombers.

This makes me think of something though, and that is that maybe HTC should allow a gunner on board each of the three bombers in a formation.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2002, 04:12:20 AM »
Puke, hmm a gunner for each bomber. I like that :)

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
From Airwarrior
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2002, 05:11:19 AM »
One of the biggest kicks I think you'll find is that you can gun your OWN bomber. Most people don't like others gunning for them as thats half the fun. You can control the aircraft to some extent using the rudder while in the gun position. And when you have to jump to the bombadiers position, you can ask for a gunner to protect you on the run in. Then once your out, you both can man the guns. :D

Sound like fun doesn't it.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2002, 05:56:06 AM »
Welcome...

Alot of us are former AW guys.  Aces High is so much better as you will soon discover.

Great to hear the ad is working.

Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2002, 10:32:18 AM »
also, if you just want to 'look' around you can join anyone in observer mode.

I'd also suggest getting a wingie for the MA.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2002, 10:52:10 AM »
Originally posted by Corn
On Line WW2 flight simin rocks bud!Aces High is the cream of the crop right now,get it as a hobby,you will not regret it.I bet you will find some new freinds the first day! If ya start with the Knights that is, the others teams are mean ,and will treat you like toejam.Hope to see ya soon:)
Corn

Same old Corn:)

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2002, 12:26:20 PM »
Then again, they have to be extra nice so people will fly with them;)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2002, 03:41:18 PM »
Welcome to AH!

eskimo

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2002, 03:45:35 PM »
I really miss the death stars of awarrior, I suspect there is some very big reason at some basic level of this game that does not allow it.  I doubt if we will see it in the future, but it would be a great addition.  The current setup of gunning bombers is l-a-m-o in my humble opinion.  The real problem is in multiple plane attacks.

Offline gwartham

• Zinc Member
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2002, 04:20:27 PM »
Thanks a lot guys for all your prompt replies, I can see from the community here that me and my buds I am telling to look into this game will have a lot of fun!
Not having actually played this game yet, at least online, I cant speak too much on having multiple gunners, but, there was a reason why they put more then one manned gunners position on those bombers in the first place, and yes one of the main reasons was being attacked by multiple fighters, seems like the tight fighter groups out there should eat up bombers in thier current configuration for breakfast.

Hopefully in the future we will see the ability to have multiple gunners(especially on the b-17s!), till then I am just grateful to find this game, I have been missing this genre for a very long time!

Cya folks in the air!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Hello, and a question.
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2002, 04:25:54 PM »
In the last version (1.10) it was changed so that you may have one gunner and still gun as well.  That at least allows the guns to be pointing in two directions.

The problem is that very, very few people are able to get gunners for their bombers.  To work around this, HTC slaved the guns together.  That means that all guns that can fire in a given direction, will.

What I'd do now is get your buddies together and each take a formation of bombers, maybe with a gunner, and use numbers to get through.

Welcome to Aces High.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-