Author Topic: Final whine, err time  (Read 482 times)

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Final whine, err time
« on: September 24, 2002, 01:59:28 PM »
Vulcan, Swoop, et al:

I never said a word about vulching...!  I did mention the fact that there was no AIR RAID SIREN when in the tower, and no BASE UNDER ATTACK warning.  That was all.  Geeze guys quit being so quick to missunderstand me, eh?

Vulcan - I was never saw the message on channel 2 until just before my gear tucked up.  Not sure if I sent a tyvm back, but by then I was in the thick of it and them Huns just wouldn't let me sit the dance out. :p

Gremlin *the Hun I did not see* - You 109 guys *and this is the last dang time I'll say this too* did an damnedtastic job at A12.  I raise my finger, err hand in salute.  *S* ;) :D

See flight log...

17:03:51 Departs From Field #12 in a Hurricane Mk I
17:16:10 Arrived Safely At Field #4
17:26:39 Departs From Field #12 in a Hurricane Mk I
17:41:03 Shot Down A Bf 110C-4b Piloted By Wax.
17:44:36 Shot Down A Bf 110C-4b Piloted By SlapShot.
17:50:41 Arrived Safely At Field #12
17:57:04 Departs From Field #12 in a Hurricane Mk I
18:05:28 Was Shot Down By Gremlin.
18:27:14 Departs From Field #40 in a Hurricane Mk I
18:57:19 Helps tucu Shoot Down HMMAW.
That's not quite ten minutes of pure adrenal rush for me in frame 3 gents :eek:

The rest of you mugs;

SALUTE...!  Damned fine job all around.  Now quit carping on this 'whining' tripe and let's commence to kicking LW butt back to Bavaria..!
[/b][/size]
:D :) :cool:  
« Last Edit: September 24, 2002, 02:01:42 PM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Final whine, err time
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2002, 02:17:21 PM »
Odee, they werent close enough to set the siren off.  In CAP the local siren and base flashing range is set to 1 mile....more or less visual range.  The reason for this is that in the early part of the war (as we are in now) radar and early warning systems weren't that brilliant.  

As the campaign progresses and time moves on the early warning ranges will get longer.  For example, in the next frame (Battle of Britain) dot radar has twice the range it did in the first two frames.  This is to simulate the excellent, but still very new, radar system the British had set up.

Now as for last saturday, it's a COs option to time a raid of an enemy field to that of the respawn window.  If I were CO that's exactly what I'd do, eliminate the enemy fighter threat before they get to altitude.  However, I'd also plan for such an eventuality should I be on the receiving end.  In fact......MAG-33 also spawned out of A12 when you got shot down, we grabbed west - away from the bad guys - until we had alt, then came back and shot down 3 109s and a couple of 110s.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Final whine, err time
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2002, 04:02:54 PM »
Swoop - shouldn't that read:

MAG-33...[ran]... away from the bad guys - until we had alt [bought by the sacrifice of the other A12 squads] then came back and [grabbed all the glory].

:D
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
AHA the ANSWER TYVM
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 07:20:20 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding

MAG-33...[ran]... away from the bad guys - until we had alt [bought by the sacrifice of the other A12 squads] then came back and [grabbed all the glory].

Ohhh... Well that explains it better.   That I can live *die?* with.  :)
TYVM Swoop ;)

MAG-33 eh?  Never did trust them Marine types anyway... j/k  Great job on avenging us Dowding... *S*
;)
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Final whine, err time
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2002, 08:14:27 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding

Well, there were two options.  One, we stay with you guys and die along side you, two we head west and get some air.  Now, a SMART person, ie someone smart enough NOT to join the Army[1] would have gone west and got some air.  An ARMY person would float around and fight from a disadvantage.  :D  :cool:  :D

[1] Ok, here's a dumb question.  Was the RAF it's own branch of the military, in which case the Brits were how many years ahead of the 'Merkins?
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Final whine, err time
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2002, 10:34:18 PM »
Originally posted by Puck

Well, there were two options.  One, we stay with you guys and die along side you, two we head west and get some air.  Now, a SMART person, ie someone smart enough NOT to join the Army[1] would have gone west and got some air.  An ARMY person would float around and fight from a disadvantage.  :D  :cool:  :D

I had to do the honorable thing and die with my adopted squad mates.  THUS, ensuring MAG-33 had enough time to evac from Dunkirk and that they be ready to avenge us should we manage to thin the enemies numbers somewhat...  LOL  :p

I wanted ever so dearly to run west with you guys, but someone had to take the heat, and that's usually my job.  :) ;)
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
Final whine, err time
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2002, 02:17:07 AM »
Puck - think about it, if we had all ran West and grabbed alt, we all would have been ran down and killed. Someone had to keep them busy and as the famous Sherman commander 'Oddball' said:

"The only way I can keep them busy is by letting them shoot holes in me."

BTW I stuck around, got a kill or two and didn't die. :) Same goes for a couple of squaddies.

Anyway, I was joking. Well, maybe. :D

As for the RAF - it was formed as a separate entity from the beginning I believe - and that was back in the Great War under the name of the Royal Flying Corps.

- Koba

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Final whine, err time
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2002, 08:17:19 AM »
Originally posted by Odee

I had to do the honorable thing and die with my adopted squad mates.  THUS, ensuring MAG-33 had enough time to evac from Dunkirk and that they be ready to avenge us should we manage to thin the enemies numbers somewhat...  LOL  :p

Just as I suspected.

Lovable.
Playful.
Brainless as a brick.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Final whine, err time
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2002, 08:18:56 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding (Work)
Puck - think about it, if we had all ran West and grabbed alt, we all would have been ran down and killed. Someone had to keep them busy and as the famous Sherman commander 'Oddball' said:

I was being my normal, charming[1] self.

[1] Pronounced "Anoying"

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Final whine, err time
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2002, 02:03:34 PM »
Originally posted by Puck

I was being my normal, charming[1] self.

[1] Pronounced "Anoying"

Just as I suspected.

Lovable.
Playful.
Brainless as a brick.

Ah man... now see what happened?  Pucks being mean after all those kills we sacrificed ourselves for him to get. :rolleyes: :p
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!