Author Topic: Enlighten me  (Read 1283 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Enlighten me
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2000, 04:31:00 PM »
For most people:

Run from an enemy that has an advantage = smart flying
Enemy running from you when you have an advantage = smart flying that irritates you

For some people:

Enemy running from you when you have an advantage = no skill coward

AKDejaVu

Ice

Enlighten me
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2000, 04:37:00 PM »
Well put Popeye...still the same after all these years

MrLars...."dyin is part of that fun"? I will never understand that. I've had fun one v. ones and lost, and didnt mind getting beat by a better pilot. Thats how I've learned what I know.

LLBM....You are such a trouble maker "I dont mind someone with alt coming in and tangling with me"? Thats funny....I'll bleed my E and alt jus so you can have an even chance to kill me...not from me slick I'll continue to pick ya off now that I know it annoys you

So far popeye understood what I was after...I was jus curious about what motivated some of you. Didn't mean anything nasty by it....Shmack its called? It's tough gettin old and not understanding such youthful expressions

I'm Out!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2000, 04:42:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
For most people:

Enemy running from you when you have an advantage = smart flying that irritates you

For some people:

Enemy running from you when you have an advantage = no skill coward

AKDejaVu

For me:

run away when a friendly con is surrounded by 4 cons and is yelling for help= no skill coward scorepotato

run away from a low con when there are 2 more enemy cons much lower =no skill scorepotato

run away from a close fight to "extend" and never come back because in fact you cant win in ACM with him= no skill scorepotato

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
Enlighten me
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2000, 04:50:00 PM »
For me I would appreciate if you all called me  Man Ho instead of a score potato  

I am amazed that I have been vulching for 6 years........................ ............. and I still enjoy it  

-towd_

Enlighten me
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2000, 04:51:00 PM »
im with ram . the dudes that are hi in score are usualy the ones that fly in a tight little wad of vulchers and run at sight of opposition in equal numbers.

they dont then do real well in the one on ones. i like to see i can beat the other fellow with skill in a fair fight. they think runnin is a skill its simple really. turn the score off and give us 2 sides and it will get better.but they wont and it wont so screw it get mean

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2000, 05:06:00 PM »
Hehe...Killem ALL (let TOWD sort em out).

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2000, 05:35:00 PM »
I jabo, ALOT, and I mean ALOT.  I rarely climb over 20k and I live most of the time, well maybe 50%.  I love landing kills, I love rearming and going back up.  I could get 10 kills on a flight but die, for me thats not good.  2 kills and living much better.  I clear the 6 of just about anyone in the game, except for the insta frag dweebs that wade into 20 cons that are 5k above them, then scream for help.  I am sorry but you brought that on yourself.  Rarely does this happen, and sadly it depends on who it is.  I see vila low with 5 cons on him, I will go blazing in, because I know his style and something went horribly wrong.  Now mista trash talker super hero does that, sorry not gonna happen, maybe next time ya wont roll from a vulched field.  Harsh, maybe.  On the other end I dispise the 35k alt monkeys, they are usually in a fast plane and generally are just a pain in the ass, if seen they are usually easily avoided cause they will usually not risk anything.  

Only score I watch is k/d and kills per sortie.  Rest is pointless to me.

------------------
Dnil---Skyhawk until I get Dnil back :)
Maj. 900th Bloody Jaguars
Part time aircraft restorer. www.kingwoodcable.com/jheuer

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2000, 05:37:00 PM »

Originally posted by RAM:

why?...then tell me why, mino, is my opinion, not a whine.

RAM;

Don't get me wrong, I respect the hell out of you.  

But...

That is whine and you know it.

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"hehehe...I like this thread squealing Bastids!"
SOB

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Enlighten me
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2000, 06:24:00 PM »

im with ram . the dudes that are hi in score are usualy the ones that fly in a tight little wad of vulchers and run at sight of opposition in equal numbers.

Wow.. nice generalization.  I guess I could say that people that complain about things like this only have a 2 inch noodle.  I don't really have to know them, or know why they complain.  I can just make general statements without backing it up.

AKDejaVu

~Ice~

Enlighten me
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2000, 06:25:00 PM »
DejaVu....Intersesting viewpoint....and to think, I thought I was all alone here

Humble....you got that right...I can tell already that some get a little upset when things don't go their way

TOWD....Is it possible that you're just not good enough to rank with those at the top, so you criticize their MO? Not meant as a jab, just wondering.

RAM....see above

DNIL....I'm with ya on the 20 cons thing....I will always help my countrymen unless their suicidal.

Well thanks to all who posted here...kinda gettin a feeling for who I'm dancin with

I'm Out!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2000, 06:32:00 PM »

Originally posted by ~Ice~:

TOWD....Is it possible that you're just not good enough to rank with those at the top, so you criticize their MO? Not meant as a jab, just wondering.

RAM....see above

Huh?...lol.

Until I created Erg/JG26 I flew mostly lonewolf sorties, climbing in Fw190A5s to 16K and being bounced all the time for not climbing more  

Hummm, no I dont mind a $H1T about scores...If I did then I'd goon and bomb more usually than I do (not difficult, I dont bomb/goon at all  ).

And I'd rather clean the six of a mate than survive...many people know this already. I guess that it is that I know how I'm doing in a tour regardless of the score list. So I fly for the joy not for a number in a classification  

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2000, 09:06:00 PM »
Ice,

Watched ya flying between 13 and 14 tonight.  REAL pretty 51 driving and great SA.  Could never *quite* get my guns on you.  S!

popeye  <in the Knight La-5>
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

funked

Enlighten me
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2000, 09:13:00 PM »
I think Popeye got it right.

Nothing is more annoying to me than losing a fight because someone else was willing to waste more time climbing than I am.  There seems to be a belief among some pilots that altitude equals skill.

This is made extra annoying by the problems with the flight models that limit the options of the low pilot.  Fortunately this will be fixed within... 2 weeks.    

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 09-05-2000).]

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2000, 09:21:00 PM »
well i em not a big master of Ah usualy die before get chance to get home but i thing u learn when the situation looks lost and u survive

2 day a go we furbaled in enemy teritory 2 contra 5 or 6  we racked each up above 6 kils
we tryed to survive but the only way to survive vas never turn 6 to oponents
and i thing u learn much more in this kind of fight like a safe jump ower jump on low plane

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2000, 10:34:00 PM »
My BEST fights...are...when I get a con who has ALL the advantages to lose those advantages and go down in flames. I judge myself to have become a better pilot by takeing these advantages away.In WB's it was hard. In here its a real feat. There I could doit....I'd say 7 times outta 10. In here...3 times outta ten. I hope its like funked says and this will change soon. When your low in here you dont really have a snowballs chance in hell. But its still the BEST challenge in the world to beat the odds and hand it right back to the dude that really thought he had an easy kill.

LLBM OUT!!!!!!