Author Topic: Wild Wednesday--Damn :(  (Read 338 times)

Offline AN

• Copper Member
Wild Wednesday--Damn :(
« on: November 08, 2001, 08:21:00 AM »
Forgot all about it.

In the future, if any of 'yas happen to think about it, I'd appreciate someone spamming *any* events to the General Forum the day of the event.  I've pretty much given up on the other forums with this UBB interface.  It just takes too long to download a freaking page only to see that no one has posted anything.

Have you noticed how any news announced by HT or Pyro immedietly gets several threads in the General forum?  I'd like to see the same thing happen for events.

Or even better, I'd like to see the events team post these things, with a special events UBB account--so I could look at the poster name, and know that I wanted to check that thread. (Please don't take this as a crack at the events team.  I've posted this same thing in the past, and been accused of such--but it's not meant to insult anyone.  I *really* think this is important.)

anRky
<of the doesn't know what day it is most of the time tribe>

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »
Purchase a nice leather planner.  On every wednesday of each month inside that planner, get a big black magic marker and write "WW" on it.  Check planner daily.  :D

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2001, 08:25:00 AM »
Daddog posted the announcement in the "Special Events Announcement" forum which is second one down on the main BB.

Typically that is how it is done...we also made several announcements in the main arena from 7:30 EST until 8:05pm EST.

Too bad you missed it.  It was a great time (even though it was 109G10's) and the winner was Fester.

Offline AN

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »
Ripsnort:
----------------------------------------
Purchase a nice leather planner.  On every wednesday of each month inside that planner, get a big black magic marker and write "WW" on it.  Check planner daily.  
-----------------------------------------

How does this help for days like, say, Friday--when Daddog put on a (as far as I know) previoulsy unscheduled Check 6?  I just happened to check the other boards and noticed it--was nothing but blind luck that I found out about it.

anRky

Offline AN

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2001, 08:52:00 AM »
skernsk:
---------------------------------------
Daddog posted the announcement in the "Special Events Announcement" forum which is second one down on the main BB.

Sure, and I wish I'd have seen it.  I didn't, however.

Typically that is how it is done...we also made several announcements in the main arena from 7:30 EST until 8:05pm EST.

I'm not in the MA much anymore.  I don't like it.  

And sure, I can, and will attempt to keep better track of these things.  But hell, the events team goes to a lot of troube to put these things on--could it hurt to go to a little extra trouble to make sure *everyone* know about them?

anRky
<who *likes* not knowing what day it is most of the time>

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2001, 08:57:00 AM »
Anrky, with all due respect, HTC works their tails off with a crew of 6, some things have to be sacrificed in order to bring such an outstanding sim as this to you..adding addition work by HTC such as email distribution or the such takes away further developement of the sim.  Some sacrifices from the end users is expected, such as checking the UBB occasionally for such events.

The events team get paid $14.95 a month(free accounts) to do what they already do, sacrficing time away from their normal lives to give you these events. Its of my opinion that they do the best they can do to notify us of such events in both a special events bulletin board and online prior to an event.

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Offline AN

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
Ripsnort:
------------------------------------
Anrky, with all due respect, HTC works their tails off with a crew of 6, some things have to be sacrificed in order to bring such an outstanding sim as this to you..adding addition work by HTC such as email distribution or the such takes away further developement of the sim.  Some sacrifices from the end users is expected, such as checking the UBB occasionally for such events.
-------------------------------------------

~sigh~

No wonder events have such poor attendance.

anRky

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
Sorry AN.  In the future I will be shamelessly promoting the Wild Wednesday event if it will bring a greater turnout than we had yesterday.  

And for those of you who havent heard yet....Fester was our winner and our plane for next week is.......P-38!

Hope to see you there next week.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2001, 09:02:00 AM »
Originally posted by AN:

~sigh~

No wonder events have such poor attendance.

anRky

No, they have poor attendance because of this:

Anrky said:

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2001, 09:02:00 AM »
our plane for next week is.......P-38!

Good cod.  Anyone want to place bets on what plane Citabria will choose for the following week also?  :)

Westy

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2001, 09:03:00 AM »
Incidently, you can download the calendar of events and use it as your desktop back ground...works for me!  I see it everytime I log on.

Offline AN

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2001, 09:23:00 AM »
Ripsnort:
-----------------------------------------
No, they have poor attendance because of this:
           quote:
            --------------------------------------------------
           Anrky said:
            --------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------

I'm glad you acknowledge my extreme popularity in this game and that you're testifying to the fact that when I don't show up for an event, no one else will, either.  :)

BTW...

:)  <--take note of the smiley, it's *important*.

anRky
<who was cleaning out his hard drive the other day and found an old tidbit he's been dying to use>

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2001, 09:25:00 AM »
Hehe, yah, guess I deserved that! <S>  :)

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2001, 09:27:00 AM »
eek,

calm down people

sucks that you couldnt make it anrky, same thing happened to me last week. was having fun and forgot all about AH. Yikes! What's this real life crap.

fester won't win next time. it's gonna be gangrape time on him  :) plenty of other great 38 sticks around tho
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2001, 09:28:00 AM »
http://events.hitechcreations.com/

http://events.hitechcreations.com/

Put these links into your favorites...and check for announcements in the special events forum.

For now that is all I can suggest.