Author Topic: Don't Sell Sheep Short  (Read 154 times)

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Don't Sell Sheep Short
« on: November 08, 2001, 05:09:00 PM »
I thought I would share with you all an amusing article from USA Today (thursday).

Remember!!!
They know who you are !
They remember what you did!
And if they could only talk damn it, you'd be busted!!!

Enjoy  :D

----------------------------------
DON'T SELL SHEEP SHORT

Sheep maybe smarter than humans typically believe.  Research at the Babraham Institute in Cambridge, England, suggest that the animals have a remarkable memory and are extremely good at recognizing faces - which investigators suspect is a sure sign of intelligence.  The study in todays "Nature", trained 20 sheep to recognize and distinguish 25 pairs of sheep faces and used electrodes to measure their brain activity to show that they could remember 50 faces for up to two years.  "If they could do that with faces, the implications is that they have to have reasonable intelligence, otherwise what is the point of having a system for remembering faces and not remembering anything else," says researcher Keith Kendrick.  He suspects sheep get their reputation as dim wits because they do not appear to have much individuality and are scared of just about everything.
-------------------------------

Hmmmmmmm...........  :D

Offline Ratbo

• Copper Member
Don't Sell Sheep Short
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2001, 05:19:00 PM »
Verm,

If they can remember faces, we're all in deep doo-doo when science figgures out how to mind-meld with them!

But remember, SHEEP LIE

-W

Offline mosca

• Copper Member
Don't Sell Sheep Short
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2001, 05:23:00 PM »
1) sigh. See similar post IN THE O CLUB!!!!!!!!

2) Note the humor in a new guy saying this to an old guy. I wish there was an emoticon that would show my laugh as I write this. I like youse all.

Mosca

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Don't Sell Sheep Short
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2001, 07:30:00 PM »
WHO EEEZ SELLING SHEEEEPS???
HOW MUCH FOR DEE MUTTON???