Author Topic: Game Commander  (Read 229 times)

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
Game Commander
« on: September 08, 2000, 02:57:00 PM »
Testing same... so far I like it... one verbal command to change icons, or map, or radio, etc   works great so far.. anybody else using it?
doc

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Game Commander
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2000, 03:11:00 PM »
 Does it work with Roger Wilco now? I always thought that program could allow player-pilots some extra functionality for when you end up running out of buttons to program on the stick/throttle. Just never felt "right" talking to the PC to control funciotns on an aircraft in a WWII sim.

-Westy

funked

Game Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2000, 03:36:00 PM »
I like GC a lot.  I don't use it for AH because I figured it would interpret RW speech as commands.  I like to use it for games where you are using buttons to give verbal commands - like Go-Codes in Rogue Spear or wingman commands in Longbow 2.0.  It's pretty cool to tell your computer to do something and have it talk back.  

Offline Stiglr

• Persona non grata
  • Copper Member
Game Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2000, 03:36:00 PM »
Yep, it does work with Roger Wilco now, as long as you don't have it in "autodetect" mode. You have to have a RW transmit key, so that your system can tell the difference between RW chatter and GC commands.

Actually, I've never used GC for flight games...always had everything I wanted on stick and throttle...

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Game Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2000, 03:44:00 PM »
 I have it. But dont use it. It works fine 98% of the time. The other 2%.... well you can bet you wont be in the hanger when it wont take the command.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Game Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2000, 04:53:00 PM »
 Make sure to warn you relatives before you start talking to yourself in a loud voice. They may think the stress of the game finally got to you and invite a couple of friendly guys with a straightjacket.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
Game Commander
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2000, 04:57:00 PM »
I posted a brief review for my squad mates here if anyone's interested. Its quite a good program, how it will fair against the competition from Microsoft's voice comms/voice command all-in-one system is anyone's guess. One word of warning that I pointed out in the link above..be careful what commands you use as coughs and sneezes can be interpreted as commands so mapping a key to turn on engine's is not advisable incase you cough or curse into the mic during combat and turn your engines off by accident