Author Topic: Allow "bombers" in KOTH and host weekly?  (Read 1760 times)

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
Allow "bombers" in KOTH and host weekly?
« on: October 26, 2002, 01:49:50 PM »
It would be so much fun to have a val, sbd, b17 or a20G fight in KOTH! Why is it Only fighters???
At least let us pick fighter bombers, val I think was used as a fighter allot, and I've shot down LOTSA early and late war planes with it... same with sbd and a20 (though i dont fly a20 that much)..
Cmon imagine how fun it'd be!

And could you host it weekly instead of monthly? (on another day, so you wouldnt have to replace a TOD)  I'm sure that would draw allot more people, since I like most ppl who played had no idea it was even going on that day! (untill I felt like a tod and checked special events page)..

Offline Aub

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 08:49:34 PM »
We will consider bombers in the future. Right now, the rules will remain.

Wild Wednesday lost numbers quickly due to it being a weekly event. KOTH is able to sustain and gain more numbers monthly due to the less frequency of it.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 08:24:11 AM »
I also agree the 'once a month' just makes you ache for the next one.
Howerer, I'm now aching so much I cant stand it.
I missed the last two :(

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2002, 12:50:35 PM »
Would every 2 weeks work?

Offline SilverFox

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2002, 07:46:28 AM »
http://www.327th.com/koth.html

KOTH is a time honored tradition with a viable set of rules.  Some things have changed since we found a fourth generation Flight Simulator (with a company that actually listens to its customers  :) ) but the essence of KOTH persists.

Change is good, but some things are difficult to improve on.

Soon enough, the Creator of KOTH, STICK himself will be CM of the event.  There has already been improvements in AH, because of what the platform offers.  I'm sure others will follow.

I, for one, do not favor the addition of buffs.  Simply because KOTH is all about fighter tactics, E fighting, fuel management, ammo conservation and above all SA.  Its a place for crumby pilots, such as myself :D to learn these things and have fun shooting your squaddies in the process.

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2002, 12:37:24 PM »
Well thats why I said or maybe just fighter bombers like Val,Il-2,TBM etc, I mean they can be pretty good fighters - I've shot down Spits with Vals!  And Mossie, 110's etc are prolly more bombers than fighters, but were just lucky enough to be in fighter catigory :) (I dont see why val is in bombers, thought it should be a fighter-bomber)...

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2002, 05:43:14 PM »
Hmmm...

I think BUFFs are a bad idea, Attack planes sure (A20 for instance).  But I think BUFFs is a little to long a stretch.  That's just my opinion as a player and is woth about $.02... ;)

CyasUp!

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2002, 08:34:32 PM »
well i think it would be fun..but defntly not a replacemnet for KOTH....

Dueling  17' s is kick ass..unless u suck at Aerial Gunnery.....and it would be a team duel...the pilot. and th e gunner....

Dueling lancs...17' sand that jap bomr thingy...

would be a blast there is no doubt about it....No one could deny that...and if they did then they havent done it....

I have only been in one KOTH..I dint know what it was but I lov eall you guys who put these on..If i could I would only fly scenarios..i love the large scal eattaks of them...

the koth I was in was so dam fun..that Pit-O-Deth map was kik assss.....I got a few kills..but atleast I was killed by very skilled pilots...

Love BiGB
xoxoxo

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2002, 04:04:16 AM »
Originally posted by BGBMAW
Dueling lancs...
We had Lanc formations as the second round aircraft in our UK Con Head to Head competition.... they were great fun!  :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2002, 03:42:56 PM »
lolo yes its funn..cause you have to shhoot each other so much with those squirrel rifles on the lanc..:)

Why doesnt our lanc have the quad 303's???

Love BiGB
xoxo

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2002, 09:17:30 PM »
Cuz 303's sound cool when they fire! :D
And the Lanc carries biggest bomb load of all, dont know much bout the different versions of it, but my guess is to balance it out and allow for somewhat earlier scenarios. Other wise the only bomber u'd see in the sky would prolly be lanc.