Author Topic: Imposters  (Read 666 times)

Offline vega

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bombergroup.com
Imposters
« on: September 30, 2001, 03:46:00 PM »
Be aware that DHBG imposters are in the MA using our name.  So far we know of only gfish and newnuke.  These people have no affiliation with our squadron.

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: vega ]

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
Imposters
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2001, 06:32:00 AM »
Squad Name:
 Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
Squad CO:
 JimmyWW2
Web Page:
 bombergroup.com
Members:
Arena:
 Main
Roster:
 rar11

Boatman

JimmyWW2

adrian

Witch

NewNuke

D132

gFish
Current Tour:
 Tour 20
Total squad kills:
Total squad deaths:
Kills/(Deaths + 1):

:confused:

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
Imposters
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2001, 08:53:00 AM »
Do I hear "dweeb hunt" on the phony bomber group idjits?? !!!  :)

Westy

Offline TRiMmer

• Copper Member
Imposters
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2001, 09:16:00 AM »
The guys joining could have been deceived, but the "CO" obviously would have known better.

trm

Offline zipity

• Copper Member
Imposters
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2001, 10:16:00 AM »
Given the pride many of us take in our squads, I think it would be appropriate for HTC to ban JimmyWW2 and any other players that attempt to hijack a squad.  JimmyWW2 has even gone so far as listing the real DHBG's web site as his own.  Unfortunately as much as I would like to believe that the players who joined him didn't know what they were doing, I don't think that's true for all of them.  At least NewNuke was bragging on the bish country channel about how they created a squad using an existing squad's name.  For that I would like to see NewNuke banned also.  

my $.02 worth.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
Imposters
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2001, 10:42:00 AM »
thats pretty sick.

'tards.

edit: call in the assassins for all dweeb hunting sorties   :D

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: moose ]
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Imposters
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2001, 10:44:00 AM »
They'll prolly tell you to "take is as a compliment" or something...  ;)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Imposters
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2001, 10:49:00 AM »
I was in the "real" DHBG in WB. Class acts, the lot of 'em, both there & here. Hope this is fixed ASAP.

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
Imposters
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2001, 11:44:00 AM »
This is what is currently up on the squad roster of HTC........ (I'm Mad as Hell)!

It is my understanding that JimmyWW2 tried to join the squadron and was not a fit. So what does he do.......starts his own squadron using our exact squadron name!
Not only did JimmyWW2 deceive others by using our squadron name he posted our website (bombergroup.com) as his own as well. I don't usually go off but this guy is a real piece of work. My fear is that comments by this "phoney DHBG squad" or foul language will be attributed to the DHBG. For those that don't come in here and read this some real damage could be done to a squadron that has been in exsistance for many, many years! I have spoken to Pyro about this and he said he was going to email JimmyWW2 and ask him to change his squad name. This is probably the best they can do and hopefully it will solve this issue. I personally think they shouldn't be so nice but I respect and accept this approach. HTC needs to run there business objectively and I am sure this is not the biggest issue on there plate with the con and 1.08 etc.

I do however have some QUESTIONS for the community as a whole.

• Would JimmyWW2 have been able to recruit 9 members in 3 days by using his own efforts without the DHBG name, webpage, and reputation?
  • Is it right for him to simply change the squad name and let it go at that?
  • What measures are or will be taken in the future to not allow this to happen to another squadron?
  • This is not accidental it is CLEAR deception of JimmyWW2's part. Is this like hacking?
  • If this happened to any other squadron would you feel any different then I do?

I was with the DHBG for several years in WarBirds, I formed up the DHBG in Aces High at vega's request on day one of Beta. The DHBG with callsing vega as CO has been here from the start and we are to my knowledge the largest Bomber Squadron in the game at this time. There has been a lot of topical controversy about buffs in the BBS lately and we have been purposely quiet about some issues for community harmony purposes. When things like this happen I tend to get all of my pent up thoughts on related issues involved as well..maybe thats not good. I would appriciate some honest feedback from the community on this separate issue. Am I off base here?

Thanks

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Thunder ]
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Imposters
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by Thunder:

I do however have some QUESTIONS for the community as a whole.

• Would JimmyWW2 have been able to recruit 9 members in 3 days by using his own efforts without the DHBG name, webpage, and reputation?
  • Is it right for him to simply change the squad name and let it go at that?
  • What measures are or will be taken in the future to not allow this to happen to another squadron?
  • This is not accidental it is CLEAR deception of JimmyWW2's part. Is this like hacking?
  • If this happened to any other squadron would you feel any different then I do?

1) Probably not.
2) Unfortunately, since they are paying customers, probably so.
3) Squadron name check, regardless of letter case, before allowing the creation. (use squad name instead of CO)
4) It’s not hacking but obviously taking advantage of a loophole.
5) No I would not.  I would probably be spitting fire and wanting serious revenge.

Hope it gets worked out for you gents.

Zippatuh

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Imposters
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2001, 07:39:00 AM »
Ban them or make them change the name of their sqadron an have no references in regard to the  real Squadron. Since from the looks of it he's doing it intentionally to damage the reputation or try to get back at the squad for not lettig him join. And I don't think people like him are people who you just can challenge to a duel to which will have the name(obsurd considering that DHB has been online a very long time).

In all fairness they should be pressured by HTC to do this since it could happen to any other established squad. This will spoil the fun of many by these people of the "esfinter".

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Imposters
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2001, 10:41:00 AM »
what Moose said.. we (Assassins) will gladly hunt dweebs!

Offline loser

• Silver Member
Imposters
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2001, 10:52:00 AM »
This really sickens me.  I hope that the most severe actions are taken out upon the CO and the "conspirators" of this imposter DHBG squadron.

It is only I that should be ruining the reputation of the DHBG, not some imposter bellybutton clowns .   :D

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Imposters
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2001, 10:59:00 AM »
I understand your guys frustration, but look at the silver lining here... if you guys have a really bad night and someone questions ya on it, ya can always say "Naw that wasn't us, that was them there IMPOSTERS!" and save face  :D

Ya know me, always trying to be helpful   :rolleyes:

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Imposters
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2001, 11:09:00 AM »
I see the imposter squad is no longer listed on the squad page. Good, I say.