Author Topic: CT  (Read 465 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
CT
« on: September 08, 2000, 03:36:00 PM »
 all the advantages of ezmode. Non of the disadvantages. A quick yank. And it does a stall turn smooth as silk.

Oh well. It was great wile it lasted.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
CT
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2000, 03:41:00 PM »
the sky is falling again eh?  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
CT
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2000, 03:45:00 PM »
 Can you, using manual trim, outperform another pilot who is using combat trim?

-Westy

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
CT
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2000, 03:46:00 PM »
 This aint even a whine. Im greatful I got to play the best online sim there was. For so many months  

To many variables westy. Ill say it this way. In CT I could out perform myself in RM

[This message has been edited by easymo (edited 09-08-2000).]

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
CT
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2000, 04:01:00 PM »
Easy,

In what way (?) does automatic combat trim supercede realistic combat maneovering?

Does it allow the plane to perform beyond what could be reasonably expected of it in real life?

Or does it simply remove the requirement for  constantly adjusting manual trim?

In any event, I dont like the result that too much automation tends to take a manual thing.

We shall see.........

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
CT
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2000, 04:09:00 PM »
 The trick to turning  with a good stallfighter in  EZ mode. Was to use your flaps to counter his stall turn. With CT you dont need them. You yank the stick back and you do a better stall turn than I was ever able to do in RM.

Oh and BTW. No the sky is not falling. As it stands now. AH is the best arcade sim on the net. Ill play it.

Offline BotaBing

• Copper Member
CT
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2000, 04:15:00 PM »
I have absolutely no problem with auto-pilot or an assisted-trim. This is a game, you do not get the advantage of being in the cockpit and feeling what the plane is doing.

It would seem to me that a trim assist basically helps compensate for that lack of the ability to -fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants-

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
CT
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2000, 04:18:00 PM »
 I hear what your saying Easymo. But don't forget that even without CT your turns are going to be much different from what you could have done yesterday in AH because of the FM changes. Add in CT and it might seem even more different than what you could have done before.  It ouwld be interesting to compare the new flight model against the old withouth CT enabled.

I don't know how this version feels as I'm stuck here at work for a while. But I'm just reading the boards trying to see how it's going.

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 09-08-2000).]

funked

CT
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2000, 04:24:00 PM »
There's absolutely no reason that the trim should enable you to do a better turn.  You are probably just turning better because of the revised drag and lift calcs.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
CT
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2000, 04:34:00 PM »
s