Author Topic: Question for the CMs  (Read 486 times)

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Question for the CMs
« on: November 03, 2002, 12:35:13 PM »
Would it be possible to set up scenarios such that not everyone had to up at a specific time?  

I'm wondering if there's a way to send up scouts, then once the scouts report the attack groups can launch.

No idea what the limitations are, or if this would case undue chaos.  In many events I've seen lately, though, both sides had to be up immediatly, which really puts a limit on how flexable you can be, particularly if you have to defend a series of fixed bases.  The defenders pretty much have to guess which fields will be attacked rather than getting real-time intel.

Just curious.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Question for the CMs
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2002, 01:02:17 PM »
Everyone doesn't have to up at the same time, it's decided by the CO's.

Though, WHERE to take off from is pretty
much fixed.

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Question for the CMs
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2002, 02:05:23 PM »
Originally posted by Innominate
Everyone doesn't have to up at the same time, it's decided by the CO's.

Though, WHERE to take off from is pretty
much fixed.

Correct - the Co's could have keep the strike planes on the deck or in the ready room till they spotted something.

But I bet they would hate to lose the CV and a whole strike group ifthey were caught un aware.

Jordi
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Question for the CMs
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2002, 02:40:57 PM »
Originally posted by jordi

Correct - the Co's could have keep the strike planes on the deck or in the ready room till they spotted something.

But I bet they would hate to lose the CV and a whole strike group ifthey were caught un aware.

Jordi

Agree and Disagree,
realisticly,  There is no way to have 50 aircraft sitting on the deck of a CV waiting for a call to roll.   This is the case here in AH since they close the CVs for takeoffs shortly after frame start.  

It works with land based field,  people and taxi to spot and wait.  

We pretty much needed to get folks off the CVs in small batchs as quickly as possible to avoid mass frame hits and lags.  

The CVs would need to left open during the Frame in order to have multiple take offs.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Question for the CMs
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2002, 04:21:56 PM »
This is what the Mission Theatre will be... patience young Jedi.

Offline ICKID

• Copper Member
Scouts and CAP
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2002, 10:15:16 AM »
If I remember correctly, Scouts and CAP were SOP.  CAP to protect the Carrier and Scouts out both near and far to spot the nme, called patrol zones if I remember right.  the Strike force waited, the only aircraft on deck was the "Ready group",  two to four fighters to assist the CAP if nme fighters sighted.  People would fly the missions assigned accourding to detailed flight plans.

Offline Rompa

• Nickel Member
Question for the CMs
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2002, 02:15:59 PM »
Is it not up to CO to tell the CM that they are having squad x sit in tower at field xx waiting to up, and when time is right the CM opens field for the squad to launch.?

In the scenario Hostile Shores I was in a TBM squad and we were to sit in tower waiting for scouts to find the enemy (Bismark) or we should launch after T+40 if Bismark was not found.

And darnet we had to wait all 40min to launch our TBM´s in some frames....( we waited in tower not on rnw at CV )

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
Question for the CMs
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2002, 10:14:57 PM »
In WarBirds scenarios, squadrons were often ordered to show up half an hour or so after the initial "Roll!" order was given.  

I think it is a great idea for many reasons.

I can explain if you don't think so, but I'd rather go to bed now.:o zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MRPLUTO  VMF-323  ~Death Rattlers~  MAG-33