Author Topic: Fishu what's your MA callsign????  (Read 389 times)

funked

Fishu what's your MA callsign????
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2000, 04:52:00 AM »
Fishu keep working on the RS stuff if you are bored.  I'm tired of NATO and Lloyd's Mods.  

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2000, 06:50:00 AM »

Originally posted by funked:
Fishu keep working on the RS stuff if you are bored.  I'm tired of NATO and Lloyd's Mods.    

That my mod project is already out, and still under work  

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2000, 03:57:00 PM »
Great WWII mod, but hard to find compatable online games. Looks really cool though.

Can they change levels so there isn't "The Big Red One" assaulting a embassy in 1999? Takes away from the immersion.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2000, 04:47:00 PM »
A Mauser Kar 98K??

LOL.

A piece of crap. 4 power scope; and 8mm load. Poor optics. Limited field of vision. A closed cross reticle; which worsens the sense of roaming. The balance is pitiful, and it's prone to jamming.. worse in cold weather. Nice bolt location tho.. averages 2 shots in 4.5 seconds.

My info has it that most German snipers preferred the Moisin-Nagant 91/30... when they could steal one from a dead Russian sniper.   Excellent optics; 7.62mm load, a post and sidebar reticle scope leaving the top of the field of vision open. The scope had internal elevation and windage adjustments. It was also mounted high enuff above the barrel for you to see under it and use the open sight for shots under 100 yards. Beautifly balanced and utterly reliable as was most Russian arms.. and in cold weather it worked just fine.

Thorvald got his ticket punched by Vasily Zaitsev in their sniper duel at Stalingrad using a Moison-Nagant..  and when they dragged Thorvald outta his blind feet first; they found the German Super Sniper had a Moison-Nagant clutched in his dead hands... round in the chamber.

"One bullet; One Kill"

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2000, 12:18:00 AM »

Originally posted by Hangtime:
A Mauser Kar 98K??

LOL.

A piece of crap. 4 power scope; and 8mm load. Poor optics. Limited field of vision. A closed cross reticle; which worsens the sense of roaming. The balance is pitiful, and it's prone to jamming.. worse in cold weather. Nice bolt location tho.. averages 2 shots in 4.5 seconds.

My info has it that most German snipers preferred the Moisin-Nagant 91/30... when they could steal one from a dead Russian sniper.     Excellent optics; 7.62mm load, a post and sidebar reticle scope leaving the top of the field of vision open. The scope had internal elevation and windage adjustments. It was also mounted high enuff above the barrel for you to see under it and use the open sight for shots under 100 yards. Beautifly balanced and utterly reliable as was most Russian arms.. and in cold weather it worked just fine.

Thorvald got his ticket punched by Vasily Zaitsev in their sniper duel at Stalingrad using a Moison-Nagant..  and when they dragged Thorvald outta his blind feet first; they found the German Super Sniper had a Moison-Nagant clutched in his dead hands... round in the chamber.

"One bullet; One Kill"

Hang

In my sources Kar 98 were reliable rifle.
If you wan't better mosin-nagant, you would use Finnish conversions of mosin-nagant  
Simo Häyhä; +500 kills as a sniper, with rifles like M/27 (mosin-nagant conversion)
Also, those russian scopes had 2-3.5 magnification   (no wonder if you have more vision)
It is actually 7.92x57mm bullet, when russians uses 7.62x54mm bullet.
Lets also include here that americans used 7.62x63mm and brits used 7.7x56mm.

Now, back to sit oldtimer hangtime, your heart can't keep up with all that whining of yours.

[This message has been edited by Fishu (edited 07-21-2000).]