Author Topic: Zigrat sorry bout the runstang  (Read 186 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Zigrat sorry bout the runstang
« on: June 07, 2000, 06:03:00 AM »
I was up in P-51 the other night determined to boom and zoom and avoid turning and burning at all costs since I brought along 100% fuel and drop tanks.

sorry I didn't turn to fight ya but just wasn't configured for knife fighting.

still learning how to use the p-51. it's still not familiar to me in all it's capabilities so bear with me.  

I'm thinking I should stick with my P-38. I dont have the option to run with it so I dont use that option  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2000, 06:20:00 AM »
Take the Pony up with 50% fuel, and two drop tanks.

On takeoff, drop one of the tanks, and use the other to climb to altitude and then to get to combat.

After that 50% will be PLENTY to fight with and rtb, but you will still have decent performance. Just be careful the first couple of minutes of combat as you will still be pretty heavy.

Try it, it works  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2000, 07:56:00 AM »
ahemmm....

"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires "  

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2000, 08:03:00 AM »
Flew the P-51 for the first time in 4 tours last night. I remembered to drop the first tank, but somehow overlooked that second one. It introduces some very interesting flt characteristics in low speed turning...  

..stall..flutter..spin..impac t..@#!%#!!

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2000, 09:30:00 AM »
its ok cita, i was just pissed because i gave you room to turn and engage fair and still you runstanged. I fully expect someone to run when outnumbered or when in a plane less manouverable than opponent (ie if i had been a spitfire) but usually if its a similar (the same) airplane in a 1on1 situation its good to engage  

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2000, 11:24:00 AM »

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2000, 01:08:00 AM »
Flew the Stang again after a few months...boy ! are these guns FANTASTIC ! ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzap.... Boum !

Thanks for the tip Spatula ! I think you're going to see me in that bird for a while now  

PS: Hangtime...no more running away from me now, I will be able to catch you & you will be able to shoot me  
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.