Author Topic: OT - Something else I've been wasting my time on  (Read 980 times)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
OT - Something else I've been wasting my time on
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2002, 08:47:50 AM »
Damn, I thought it would have flyable soviet fighters as well. :(

Was looking forward of flying the Mig-21...

EDIT/aahh...read about the coming cockpits...looking good. :)/EDIT
« Last Edit: November 24, 2002, 06:46:44 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Epsilon 5

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2002, 09:28:52 AM »
When is LO:MAC supposed to get out?

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2002, 01:16:07 PM »
I am big into 60's and early 70's jets, but they lost me as a customer when I learned the producer released this game knowing it to be incomplete.  Even TK made mention of the subject but (in my opinion) had the reigns pulled in on him by the producer/publisher.  I can't support any business practice like this.  I certainly do not want this to be the future of our hobby.

I dislike IL2.  I won't support Strike Fighters.  I'm waiting for LOMAC and its flyable F-15 and A-10.  Now we need an F-14 sim and a Vietnam Sim.

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2002, 01:18:46 PM »
Oh yeah.  I heard the roll-rate on the A-4 is way off and the rudder movement for the F-104 is backwards from what it should be (I assume this means hit rudder left and you get rudder right.)

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2002, 12:20:06 PM »
buying htat will be about the same as buying il-2...amazed by graphics until you get into a dogfight then you realise how much money you wasted

Offline CMC Airboss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2002, 02:25:47 PM »
Originally posted by Puke
Oh yeah.  I heard the roll-rate on the A-4 is way off and the rudder movement for the F-104 is backwards from what it should be (I assume this means hit rudder left and you get rudder right.)

You are exactly correct.  There is so much momentum in the A-4's roll, that even with full opposite aileron it takes nearly 270° to stop a full rate roll.  This occurs only once a maximum rate roll has been developed, but speed has no bearing - even at 550 knots, the momentum is there.  The roll just starts quicker. Other airplanes are affected, but not nearly as much as the A-4.   My flight instructor was an A-4 pilot during 'Nam, he doesn't recall any momentum; motion stopped when stick input was neutralized.  

And yes, the rudder acts backwards on the F-104.  Other than looking cool, its a fairly useless airplane except getting to a fight quickly before your fuel runs out.  That feature seems to be fairly accurate when recalling  pilot accounts of the airplane's performance.

Otherwise, I am really liking the Strike Fighters sim.  It has a good feeling of flight.  Multi-plane dogfights are a hoot.  At the hard settings, nearly all of the fights end up being visual.  Radar only tells you there is something out there and its not even as good as what we have in AH for many reasons (again, at the hard settings).

Anyway, here are some screen images that I've collected over the past week from Strike Fighters  http://www.avphoto.com/strikefighters/

MiG

Offline 2000sitt

• Zinc Member
What Game is this???
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2002, 02:44:38 PM »
It looks awesome!!! Been out of the loop for awhile...
Thanks Fellas

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2002, 12:15:40 AM »
Guys,  Did they or will they model the F105G wild weasels, have sam sites to take out?   How bout F4C and with GBU's for night raids on supply routes?    

AirScrew

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2002, 12:28:59 AM »
F-105 is in the works (the modeller posted some early in game screenies today over at SimHQ). F-4C is one of the stock a/c. No GBUs however.

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2002, 02:13:16 AM »
lol! would be nice to have 'em planes in AH:D