Author Topic: Deplete Uranium Coated GV's and Origami Aeroplanes  (Read 1115 times)

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
Deplete Uranium Coated GV's and Origami Aeroplanes
« on: August 13, 2001, 04:53:00 PM »
Just hoping that gv damage model is going to be fixed in next version, anyone have info on this?

* I once hit a m3 with 3 panzer rounds b4 it blew up?
* an m3 killed my ostie gun and tracks once with its mg?
* Yumi killed my ostie track with a ostie hull gun today?
*I dropped 2k on a gv, not direct hit but was on edge of crator afterwards, then strafed it and it killed me, still was'nt smoking?
* I strafed an ostie today with yak 37mm, sustained hits from 700d out, no smoke, it killed me on next pass?
* Once had sustained hits on m3 in Sturmovik, m3 killed me and then captured the field?

Similiar things occur with buffs but just not as bad as the with the gvs.  At the least, some troops should die during strafe on an m3.

one other thing, my typh can take up to 4 hits from 37mm field acks, but with flak gun its instant death, does ostie mount different gun or are gv guns similiar to buff guns?

Offline pdog_109

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2001, 08:39:00 PM »
Sucks doesn't it?

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
Dropped 2x100lbs. from a TBM on an Osty....Had desired effect btw  :D BAM!! as emeril would say.

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2001, 09:03:00 AM »
Yeah Acid, direct hit usually always kill em, but 2000lbs of high explosive close to any gv should at least flick the mothers over   :D

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2001, 09:30:00 AM »
Good points-

Although I never tank, you would think a Osti or M3, or M16 for that matter wouldn't have such good helmets on that a 300 mph Dora pouring 100 20mm's into open hulls would at least ring their ears.

Still, didn't HTC say this would be addressed? When or where, Im not sure, maybe 108.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2001, 09:36:00 AM »
I agree that GV hardness seems to be <cough> variable, but I wouldn't want them to be much less survivable.  Before the last armor model modifications, M3's were virtually useless.  Maybe that's "realistic", but it wasn't much fun.

If GVs are gonna be easier to kill/disable, then maybe they should be harder to spot.  Since we don't have any trees to hide in, how about removing the icons completely, and adding a little "dust cloud" to GVs that would show *only* when they are moving.  That way, a moving GV could be spotted from the air, but a stopped GV would be quite hard to see, and could be thought of as "dug in" or "camouflaged".

(When roads are added, GVs could go fast on a road WITH the dust cloud, or more slowly offroad WITHOUT a dust cloud.)

Also, an armored assault during dusk/night would be quite effective (and fun) with no icons.  This would give the "night haters" something fun to do, rather than log off.

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: popeye ]

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?