Author Topic: zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz  (Read 248 times)

Offline JoeMud

• Zinc Member
zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
« on: July 21, 2000, 03:32:00 PM »
does anyone else think the current terrain is geting a bit boring?

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2000, 03:39:00 PM »
yes..need rivers, golf courses, ATMs, plus i still want to know where the farmers live that till those fields...

Offline av8or

• Copper Member
zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2000, 04:16:00 PM »
yea i find it a bit redundant until i find a nice hill or farmers field to auger into and then i say wow that's new.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2000, 04:36:00 PM »
How about some swamps to ditch in and sink slowly in, watching the muck come up along the windows?  

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline JoeMud

• Zinc Member
zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2000, 04:36:00 PM »
LOL!!! I know that feeling all too well.

I hoping for pacific or some islands.

When I was flying offline I set the time to sunrise and flew over the water at about 5 feet in my jug looking at the coast line and it was..AWESOME we realy need some islands.

funked

zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2000, 07:25:00 PM »
I find the current arena setup boring.  Not just the fantasy-island map, with airfields at 10,000 feet.  The in-flight AWACS display, which is appropriate for an F-22 but not a WW2 fighter.  The neon billboard HUD which gives IFF range data at 5 miles, when a real pilot would be struggling just to see a dot.  The exaggerated gun lethality, which gives pilots of moderate skill a chance to succeed purely by climbing more than the enemy.  These factors all conspire to make me want to fly other sims.

Even scenarios are not so fun, spoiled by the icon and radar settings.

So I've reached the point of boredom.

It's a great piece of software.  The graphics, flight models, and gunnery model (except for lethality setting) are incredible.  But with the current arena, it's kind of like having a Ferrari... which you can only drive in a 7-11 parking lot.

Disclaimer:  It is natural to get bored with a game if you play it WAAAAAAAAAY too much.    

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 07-21-2000).]

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2000, 07:59:00 PM »
Still remembering beta-terrain with "Alps" and those chases in the canyons  

Offline JoeMud

• Zinc Member
zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2000, 12:16:00 PM »
<drool> Yeah those canyons rocked.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2000, 01:46:00 PM »
I wish we could get at least *some* indication of how the terrain editor is coming along. I'm guessing that when it does finally get into our hands, things are gonna get real interesting real fast.

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2000, 02:20:00 PM »
Farmer's Daughter!!!    
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline JoeMud

• Zinc Member
zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2000, 06:29:00 PM »
You just couldnt resist could you! LMAO

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2000, 07:10:00 PM »
I liked the beta terrain and really enjoyed the canyons.  The canyons were often the place for some pretty intense dogfights.  

In those days it was primarily Biscuits and the cRooks.

Often, it got pretty cool right after the map was reset.  There were two bases on each side adjacent to the mountains.  Almost as a rule, a low level canyon furbal would erupt.  This furball lasting up to a couple of hours.

If you were attacking a field over the mountains you really had to keep track of your altitude.  If you got to low, you could not quickly run away.  You got trapped between the enemy base and the mountains.  You had to run the canyons, often with hostiles close on your six.

Sadly, I can't imagine trying to get a vehicle through all that mess.  I suspect that "The Fights in the Canyon" are a thing of the past.

Great fun, I loved it!  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"You think Pyro has an attitude, you ought to wake up next to me some morning!"
Ghosth