Author Topic: $30 AH premium account  (Read 1740 times)

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2002, 04:37:13 PM »
Wouldn't he be surprised to no end if someone really showed up at his door? I imagine he'd be blinking like a bullfrog in a thunderstorm with shock ;)

Don't say silly things like that...especially when you have no Earthly idea whom you're addressing...Jay and Silent Bob are only actors (and bad ones at that), not role models.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2002, 06:51:01 PM »
They already havea separate server that costs 25 bucks a month and (supposedly) has a nicer community...it's called WARBIRDS.

J_A_B

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Re: Re: premium
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2002, 07:02:23 PM »
Originally posted by Tumor
Now now... lets not get all poopy about it!

Hey now..

Leave me out of this..

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2002, 12:39:26 AM »
ACK ACK wtg on the DA victory, although it has NOTHING to do with this post. But it seems like you want a lil more recognition so here ya go --   :rolleyes:

Loser-  To be honest I really dont give a rats bellybutton whether you find my strategic input of any value or not. Especially since from your input on this post would leave me to believe that YOU, were likely one of the 15 or so STUPID bellybutton bish that kept fighting in the north slice of pizza today while those of us who use our HEADS to fight strategically, killed & captured the bases around our HQ.
 In fact  LOSER, when the dipshit bish that were fighting the north front lost they tulips (was about 2 hours to lose 6 bases) & were completely pushed out of the north slice.   It gave knits & rooks area to fight each other, &  By then the Bish that were fighting strategically (myself included) had taken a substantial foothold into rookland thus pushing them back from our hq. JUST LIKE I SAID IT WOULD!!!!!!
 I know its alot to take in loser, but dont be afraid of intellegence & common sense. Try em for a change. You may be surprised with the results you have.
 Anton:cool:

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2002, 01:07:45 AM »
Anton = Hitech??

:D :D
I am a spy!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2002, 03:14:39 AM »
Originally posted by anton
ACK ACK wtg on the DA victory, although it has NOTHING to do with this post. But it seems like you want a lil more recognition so here ya go --  

Was just pointing out the reasons why you want a premium arena is one that youself is guilty of doing quite a bit.  Don't be all high and mighty when you wallow in the gutter with the rest of us.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2002, 06:42:57 AM »
Sheesh!  Lost count the number of times we had similar posts for AW in the past.... same old argument keeps cropping up!  :rolleyes:  

If we had a "premium" arena, do you really think it would keep out 'undesirable' players?  Do you really think that "having plenty of money" = "being sensible"?  And would it be fair to the many good but less well-off players to be left with the "riff-raff" in the ordinary arena?  Come on, get real.... this idea has been talked into the ground on many occasions and is just plain silly.  We are all one community, and trying to segragate players in this way is really not on.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline loser

• Silver Member
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2002, 07:04:14 AM »
Originally posted by anton
ACK ACK wtg on the DA victory, although it has NOTHING to do with this post. But it seems like you want a lil more recognition so here ya go --   :rolleyes:

Loser-  To be honest I really dont give a rats bellybutton whether you find my strategic input of any value or not. Especially since from your input on this post would leave me to believe that YOU, were likely one of the 15 or so STUPID bellybutton bish that kept fighting in the north slice of pizza today while those of us who use our HEADS to fight strategically, killed & captured the bases around our HQ.
 In fact  LOSER, when the dipshit bish that were fighting the north front lost they tulips (was about 2 hours to lose 6 bases) & were completely pushed out of the north slice.   It gave knits & rooks area to fight each other, &  By then the Bish that were fighting strategically (myself included) had taken a substantial foothold into rookland thus pushing them back from our hq. JUST LIKE I SAID IT WOULD!!!!!!
 I know its alot to take in loser, but dont be afraid of intellegence & common sense. Try em for a change. You may be surprised with the results you have.

It seems you have taken a particular interest in me Anton. I am flattered.  My online MA handle is "loser111"

That is right, the same loser111 that was fighting right beside you and MrWulf at the Knight's A220 (in the south) and later in the mission created by Venemous for Rook A239 (also in the south.)  I didn't fly one sortie out of the north against the knights.

Hell i even talked to you on voice channel. I won't mention the number of the channel in case it is your squad channel.

I guess maybe I am at fault for starting this BBS pissing match, and if I offended anyone I apologize. I guess maybe I should have just said "Anton I don't think this is a good idea." I will try to refrain in the future.

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2002, 10:04:38 AM »
Originally posted by Flossy
Do you really think that "having plenty of money" = "being sensible"?

Flossy,especially annoying is the presumption that those who can afford to pay more are going to better behaved,use better language,or be more loyal.

This is an elitist attitude to put it mildly.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2002, 11:56:35 AM »
Originally posted by Sox62
Flossy,especially annoying is the presumption that those who can afford to pay more are going to better behaved,use better language,or be more loyal.

This is an elitist attitude to put it mildly.
Exactly... the whole idea is ludicrous.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2002, 12:23:34 PM »
No... actualy when the game was 30.00 amonth the over all "community" seemed better. I dont recall as much smack talking. There wasnt the amount of GBing one observes now. We had our gunman26 but he was a abberation..not the norm. Now I see see indiv's talking smack even about their uber ph00t GV skills....

I understand that this was most likely a reflection of a smaller dedicated flight sim community due to the existence of other flight sims and..price BUT there is/was a difference.

As far as elietism goes...Anton is simply vocalising something I've heard from alot of various people overtime.

xBAT.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2002, 02:56:56 PM »
Loser111 for having the maturity to change to a civil tone, I wasnt able or in the mood to.
As for being an elitist, well I never looked at it that way. But I dont consider being called an elitist a bad thing. I pay more for premium service for ISP, Cell phone, Cable TV, ETC ETC. Just searching for a game that is played with a bit more integrity. This game had plenty of integrity before it became so popular. As did the games before it.
 So it seems I am beginning to realize, that much like in life, when  any area becomes congested with too many people, the quality of life in that area is compromised. So with the new wave of stuff comin down the pike, It may be in fact time to move on to smaller & better things. Time will tell.
 Thanx to all for your input-

Offline SkechCAF

• Zinc Member
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2002, 12:34:22 PM »
Yeah if you payed $30 a month and it was only $15, you would eventually be able to fly for free cause you would have a hugh pre-paid account!!

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
$30/ month??!!
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2002, 01:23:59 PM »
HT, lissin up!! Pay no attention to these poopy-mouthed, wrong-thinking lame bains. Take their money, but don't heed them. Tey're sick. They need professional help. I think your current price structure meets my budgetary constraints quite well.:eek:

Offline Tabasco

• Copper Member
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2002, 01:25:36 PM »
Could have a separate server/arena, as well as over 18 limits. No need to police language.....

By this did you mean that, since everyone would supposedly be over 18, everyone could swear like a sailor and not get muted?