Author Topic: Collision Survival  (Read 143 times)

Offline stahler

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fmfnet.com/cmc/
Collision Survival
« on: November 24, 2002, 11:06:00 PM »
forgive me for ranting about something that I am sure that others have already complained about.  I find it annoying to no end that either plane can survive a mid-air collision.  This is especially annoying because I always try to avoid them, but almost always end up having my plane shredded around me while the other guy just flys away like nothing happened.  I think that is total BS and needs to be changed.

Yes I understand the ramifications of unskilled pilots using 'ramming' as a means to bring down the enemy.  I don't care.  If two planes hit each other, two planes should go down.  End of story.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Collision Survival
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 11:09:51 PM »
The collision only counts for the guy on who's FE it happened.

In your examples you are doing the right thing in trying to avoid the collisions, but they are still happening on your FE.  On the other guy's FE you might have been as much as 200 yards apart, and it wouldn't be fair to him to die for no apparent reason.

The reason for the differences is internet lag.  There is no possible fix for it.

The collision system in AH is not perfect, but it is the best comprimize for the imperfect technology of the internet.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
Collision Survival
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2002, 11:55:07 PM »
"the ramifications of unskilled pilots using ramming as a means of bringing down the enemy"
 I have to say that this is not at all easy to do. I had used all my ammo on 2 goons & found a third otw to my base, I was completely bingo & unfortunately had to try this technique, fully expecting to die with my2 kills I went under the c47, dumoed throttle & pulled up. Much to my surprise it worked. I tried this with buffs at high alts & always died. Its a crapshoot at best............
  I know its not realistic but "its in the game"  & id rather see killshooter changed to PNG as there always 3 newbies jumpin in on the 38 I chased down from 30k to the deck. Just my 2  cents
 Anton
:cool:

Offline gorski3

• Zinc Member
Collision Survival
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2002, 12:33:10 AM »
If you try to avoid HO's, you will never get rammed.  If you want to HO, but not ram, you are rolling the dice every time.  That being said, I actually rammed someone successfully once....  I was on his 6 on the inside of his turn.  We were in the vertical and at about 140? mph.  I couldn't get a shot and slowly creeped up on his wing.  He lost his wing and I kept mine.  I didn't plan it, but I probably could have avoided it.  He did not scream in outrage, so he probably thought I shot his wing off.  

Gorski  :D

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Collision Survival
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2002, 12:46:14 AM »
don't run into other planes, gezzz , how hard is that??

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
Collision Survival
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2002, 03:39:36 AM »
I had used all my ammo on 2 goons & found a third otw to my base, I was completely bingo & unfortunately had to try this technique

If u used 100% of ur ammo for 2 goons u better should go back to TA or fly offline instead of crashing into pilots.
Or better go play counter-strike. But killing a goon with a crash ? lol
Freeze

Offline Samiam

• Nickel Member
Forget HO's
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2002, 09:30:22 AM »
What really annoys me is when I dive on someone, get on their 6 nearing compression, flame them, and then they don't have the common courtesy to get out of the way (or blow up) before I plow into them from behind. B17's and Lancs are particularly annoying this way. Dweebs.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Collision Survival
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2002, 09:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by fffreeze220
If u used 100% of ur ammo for 2 goons u better should go back to TA or fly offline instead of crashing into pilots.
Or better go play counter-strike. But killing a goon with a crash ? lol

Anton flys a yak.. and it is quite possible to blow a small ammo load like that if you run up against a couple of goon pilots who know how to evade

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Re: Forget HO's
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2002, 10:40:13 AM »
Originally posted by Samiam
What really annoys me is when I dive on someone, get on their 6 nearing compression, flame them, and then they don't have the common courtesy to get out of the way (or blow up) before I plow into them from behind. B17's and Lancs are particularly annoying this way. Dweebs.

LMAO.....thats too funny...cause it happens to me 2:D

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Forget HO's
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2002, 10:42:31 AM »
Originally posted by SLO
LMAO.....thats too funny...cause it happens to me 2:D

yea thats pretty much annoying :)
Freeze

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Collision Survival
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2002, 10:44:03 AM »
they have it the way it is because they thought that noone would ever have to worry about it because who would be dumn enough to purposly ram a enemy. they only put the current system in because of accidents