Author Topic: has Aces High made you more agressive?  (Read 696 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
has Aces High made you more agressive?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2002, 04:14:25 PM »
Not agressive but I have come this close to saying LOL in some real life situations instead of laughing... :D

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2002, 04:17:31 PM »
im not

ramzey

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2002, 04:45:30 PM »
I get stressed out at work sometimes, but never in AH or any other game for that matter. It just isn't that important.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2002, 05:41:26 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!

I don't even need to read beyond this =)

Originally posted by Oedipus
I collided with the wife on Saturday and lost a wing. Got on channel one in our house and yelled at her that she was a head on dweeb but she denied it and said she got me with a high angle snap shot.   I ALT F4'd and did some yard work.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2002, 07:04:15 PM »
Lazs & Rude!  My house is small, and I can accommodate only one of you, so I'll take Lazs. ;)  Who is John? Is Mr. John Toad?

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2002, 07:06:20 PM »
More aggressive ??

Don't be silly.

My two dogs have always limped..

Beet1e my God man, your sig is growing..

Take a look, I'm serious, it's getting bigger, honest..
« Last Edit: November 25, 2002, 07:12:08 PM by poopster »

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2002, 07:47:10 PM »
Not out there, no. But I've definately grown more agressive in the MA. Gettin' older , I should know better :)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2002, 08:36:21 PM »
NOGDAMNITITHASNT
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2002, 07:55:29 AM »
No, actually its(online flight sims) has made me calmer in RL.  I tend to take out my frustrations online.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2002, 08:09:32 AM »
Got in my BMW Sunday.  Was going to brothers house to watch the Browns game.  When merging onto Interstate 80 I saw a mustang about my 10 o'clock... coalt  He was in a high E state in the passing lane 3 lanes over to my left.  Hajo hits wep......his BMW powerplant reverberated into a deep crescendo.  The Pony driver, oblivious to my prescence did not notice Hajo merging from his 4 to his 6.  Evidently he was speaking on the radio, he was holding something up to his ear.  The BMW closed in to 900, 800, 700, then 500...........when got to within 150 I saw the terror in the pony drivers eyes as he tried to evade by rolling right (he merged into the right lane)....however he could not shake me from his  6 as I cut in front of a swedish fighter (SAAB) and managed to get a few shots off into his tail (trunk).  The pony driver was trapped, he was in a major furball with nowhere to go.  He had a line of 3 buffs (16 wheelers) in front of him and a couple of drones to his 3 and 9 (drones = SUVs)  He knew he was gone...and as I lined him up for the throat shot, he saluted into the rearview mirror, and went down in flames (exited the freeway).  Combat Patrol thereby being completed, I continued rtb (to my brothers house) humming Wagners Flight of the Valkyries.

I don't think I'm any more aggresive since I've started playing AH do you?

Hajo
« Last Edit: November 26, 2002, 08:16:05 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2002, 08:21:29 AM »
I like it Hajo!  My only "kill" story is a rabbit that wasn't quick enough.. :D

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2002, 08:30:21 AM »
Oh dear. Threatened from behind a computer screen by a pair of hand-bag wielding old duffers. All I have to say to that is:

Bring it on, squeakes!

Anyways, I should have thunk y'all have difficularity finding a flight to the Yoonited Kingdum. It being a pissant lil country an' all that don't even speak proper English.

Picture of Rude and Lazs awaiting departure to Yurop, in their 'American-trying-to-blend-into-European-culture-while-on-a-two-week-vacation' outfits, closely examining the departures board:

:D

« Last Edit: November 26, 2002, 09:04:51 AM by Dowding (Work) »

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2002, 08:32:10 AM »
Rip LOL   :D
- The Flying Circus -

Offline AV8

• Zinc Member
Re: has Aces High made you more agressive?
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2002, 08:59:11 AM »
Originally posted by udet
Everyone rants about violence in computer games and how it creates little monsters.
On the other hand, agresivity is a necessary trait for a succesful fighter pilot, and I'm sure most of you are agrresive in the game.

But.... have you started applying this aggresivity in RL as well?

I`m a Train Driver in the UK and since joining AH I find great pleasure in smashing various small birds against the train`s windscreen at 100mph. Pigeons really EXPLODE at 100mph.

Even better, is to wait until a passenger/human gets on your 6
(on the platform) then hit the "Door close" button and either catch him halfway into the train or leave him standing and swearing on the platform :D

My favourite though, is to approach an airfield (station) with lots of E. Then watch them all rise to meet my approach,only to leave them all standing as I zoom by at high E :eek:

If anyone is turned on by this vicious approach to public services please contact me;)

AV8

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2002, 09:23:58 AM »
I`m a Train Driver in the UK and since joining AH I find great pleasure in smashing various small birds against the train`s windscreen at 100mph. Pigeons really EXPLODE at 100mph.

I call BS on this one.

It is a well known fact that trains in the UK only have two speeds:

a) 25 MPH

b) Cancelled

Which side do you fly for, train-boy? Because the next time I'm stuck on some freezing station platform waiting for a train that is running on supposedly the mother of all railway networks (lol!), at least I'll feel warm satisfaction due to the knowledge that when I get home, I can go spoil some sodding train driver's evening by shooting the bastard down.

;)