Author Topic: Rude says.............  (Read 1517 times)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2002, 02:47:44 PM »
Originally posted by DoctorYO
I'll tell what happened Sand, the small coalition of rooks has been disbanded.

the large majority went Bish especially after the "GMoney" Tourney has started...

Bish tactics have been notorious since the beta days of Torque.  If your new to this then now you know...  The bish were first to employ the horde f4C tactics forcing HT to perk them....

Now the latest in bish war technology has upped the scales with the TSA, Tiffie Suicide Attack....  (F4C replacement without perks.

Wow, I always wondered why the F4UC was perked but the Typhoon wasn't. They seem pretty similar in handling, but with the F4UC having greater bomb capacity.

Offline AtmkRstr

• Nickel Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2002, 02:49:22 PM »
This isn't whinning. We're trash talking. It's a male cockiness bahaviour of saying "My sexual organ is bigger than yours". Then we climb into our aptly named cockpits and try to prove it without actually pulling our pants down and using a yard stick - or in case of the bish, an electron microscope.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2002, 02:56:40 PM by AtmkRstr »

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2002, 02:50:57 PM »
... used to fly for Bish, back when I first started.  The people sucked, the Bish had numbers, the Knights were in the hole.  Joined Knights.  The people sucked, then the Knights had numbers, Rooks were in the hole.  

A long while later, I joined the Rooks.  The people still suck, although the numbers is becoming less lopsided.

There isn't a difference in the teams.  Sorry to bust yer bubble guys.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2002, 03:01:44 PM »
gofaster, I have been a bish for three years now, and in that time the bish have been in the barrel many times..well adjusted folk learn to deal with it and know that it will change :)

And BTW the only time I ever flew for another country was rook a few weeks ago when they were horrendously outnumered.

I dont apologize for being a bish at heart.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Rude says.............
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2002, 04:35:54 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
Bishop have had the numbers consistently since I started flying here in February.  I was Bish by default but jumped to Knight because there were too many Bish pilots already.  

Bish numbers fell off, and the balance equalized overall, when the AKs jumped from Bish to Rook.  Then HTC announced the contest and the Bish numbers went back up... and the AKs are now back in Bishland again.  Not that there's anything wrong with that - heck I may jump back to Bishop land again too.

But when a group of Bishop pilots start squawking about how good they are ... well, that has about as much value as a Mardi Gras coin.  Wait - check that.  A Mardi Gras coin has more value because chicks will lift their shirts for the coin but I don't think they'd do it for some false Bishop bravado.

Hey shamus, if you want a challenge, try flying Rooks for a month.  Those guys hardly ever get a break.  Knights numbers seem to fluctuate during the weeknight, but reach their peak on weekends around midnight Eastern.  Sometimes I'm the giver, and sometimes I'm the receiver.  Kinda makes it more challenging that way.

I'd join Rude's fly-off challenge, but I think a gv duel wasn't what was intended.

If youre suggesting that people went back to Bish because of the contest - youre dead wrong.  The AK's have been Bish for 2-3 weeks now.

In addition - in the MA last night the Kniggits had a 25-30 advantage on Bishops and the Rooks had a 30-40 advantage on Bishops.  I wish I would have taken a screenshot.

I just find it almost laughable that a Kniggit is whinng about numbers... anyone who's been here for more than 6 months is well aware of the reality of the numbers issue.

Either way, Ive flown with the Rooks on occasion and find the vast majority of them to be great people.  The numbers disadvantage didnt effect me in the slightest - flying with Manx and the boys from Nazgul I had some of my best sorties to date.  I gather that if there is a problem with players dying because of a numbers advantage - those players need to rethink whether or not diving into 10 cons in a good idea.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2002, 09:31:27 AM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
If youre suggesting that people went back to Bish because of the contest - youre dead wrong.  The AK's have been Bish for 2-3 weeks now.

I just find it almost laughable that a Kniggit is whinng about numbers... anyone who's been here for more than 6 months is well aware of the reality of the numbers issue.

Either way, Ive flown with the Rooks on occasion and find the vast majority of them to be great people.  The numbers disadvantage didnt effect me in the slightest - flying with Manx and the boys from Nazgul I had some of my best sorties to date.  I gather that if there is a problem with players dying because of a numbers advantage - those players need to rethink whether or not diving into 10 cons in a good idea.

Yo, check it out.

AKs were Bishop, then jumped to Rook to balance out the play, then jumped back to Bishop.  I ain't saying they did it for the contest, but its obvious that they were tired of getting the short end of the stick in Rookland and wanted to go back to their motherland where their support was.  Nothing wrong with that.

Numbers fluctuate based on day and time.  Unfortunately, from 5pm to 11pm Eastern US, the Bishops have a nice numbers advantage Monday through Friday, which is when I do most of my flying.  Yesterday morning I logged on in time to watch the last 4 Knight bases get crushed by the Bishops from the south in the NDIsles map and last night I logged on in time to watch the Knights mainland get crushed by Rook offenses in the north in the Baltic map.  The MAWs were trying to keep Knightland alive by capturing non-strategic bases in the south, but that was a delaying tactic because the Rooks had surrounded our HQ and radar.  Bishops had the players numbers advantage for 3 hours last night and they still never caught up to the Rooks (way to go, Rooks!).  Rooks didn't start getting a numbers advantage until it was clear who had the best shot at winning the map.

Anyway, I'm hijacking this thread and giving a shout out to the Rooks for a successful victory in the Baltic.  They managed to keep pressure up on 4 bases in the west and 4 bases in the east at the same time without bunching up too thickly on just 2 or 3 bases like lemmings. The Bishops were active from the 4 southwestern bases but they were mostly just nuisance raids across the water (except for the bloodbaths at A2 and A1). The Knights were swarming in defense in the south but couldn't stop the Rooks in the north from seizing the Knightland homeworld.

As for diving into a crowd - when all 4 of your bases are capped, you kinda don't have much choice. :p

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2002, 09:41:37 AM »
Anyway, I'm hijacking this thread and giving a shout out to the Rooks for a successful victory in the Baltic.

A lot Rooks( in USA) had to go to bed (sleep makes the next morning in office alot more pleasant).   This AM looked in and the Bishops seemed to have made quite a come back overnight - the map did not reset.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2002, 09:42:34 AM »
Yup...I know what ya mean.

Us Bishops have to fight every map on two fronts as the rooks and knits gang up on us....good thing we have the numbers to fight back.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2002, 09:49:09 AM »
Originally posted by Turbot
A lot Rooks( in USA) had to go to bed (sleep makes the next morning in office alot more pleasant).   This AM looked in and the Bishops seemed to have made quite a come back overnight - the map did not reset.

Scandalous!

I guess the Bishops finally got tired of the Knight nuisance to the west and brought their forces over.

Rooks had us on the ropes all night, too.  Did the Knights manage to get their HQ back?

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2002, 09:58:10 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
Yup...I know what ya mean.

Us Bishops have to fight every map on two fronts as the rooks and knits gang up on us....good thing we have the numbers to fight back.

Every team has to fight on two fronts.  Perception is often much different than reality.

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2002, 10:17:22 AM »
AKs were Bishop, then jumped to Rook to balance out the play, then jumped back to Bishop.  I ain't saying they did it for the contest, but its obvious that they were tired of getting the short end of the stick in Rookland and wanted to go back to their motherland where their support was.  Nothing wrong with that.

Just to set the record straight, the AKs went rook to balance the numbers.  The problem was that several other squadrons swapped sides for similar reasons.  After 2-3 weeks on rooks, we were noticing that rooks were outnumbering by a HUGE amount (lots of good Samaritans I guess) so we went back to bish.  There hasn't been a lot of that lately because the numbers aren't nearly as bad as they were when we went rook.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2002, 10:22:23 AM »
To which country do I belong? :confused:

These things are really confusing.  Curse you, Rude!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2002, 10:30:34 AM »
Originally posted by Turbot
Every team has to fight on two fronts.  Perception is often much different than reality.

I'm sorry, but you are mistaken....it is the Bishops who are being picked on, not the knits or rooks. We deserve the pity of the community.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2002, 10:34:33 AM »
Levi....

The choice is really quite clear...fly Bishop where the deer and antelope play...where seldom is heard, a discouraging word and the skies are full of whiney malcontented rooks and knits who wish they were as cool as the Bishops!

Cyas Up!:)

Offline SPIKER

• Copper Member
Rude says.............
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2002, 11:06:43 AM »
Break out the list of top pilots and challange.

Rude

What made you become a Bishop?  Did you start in AH on that side or change because of issues?

Good huntin
spiker