Author Topic: "Bush Ousts Economic Team"  (Read 448 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
"Bush Ousts Economic Team"
« on: December 07, 2002, 12:44:41 AM »
Like it's going to make a difference.

The recession started before he was in office, and a recovery has already started.  Recovery will occur just like it would have anyways, whether he had canned these guys or not.

I think he fired them just so that, come election time, it will look like he did something.

Man I hate politicians.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2002, 12:46:53 AM »
You're so stupid Funked.  It's obvious the economy is suffering because the screwed things up so bad!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline whgates3

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2002, 01:56:16 AM »
its not so much who's fault it is, but if those presently in power can correct the situation (i.e. earn their pay...junior has not earned anything his whole life, but he has never been in a tough situation before, somaybe he'll put get to it now...).  so far 2 years, no dice...of course recession is officially 2 consecutive quarters of negative growth & i dont think we've had that yet

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2002, 10:05:11 AM »
has not earned anything his whole life, but he has never been in a tough situation before, somaybe he'll put get to it now

LOL! Like having two major international incidents in the first nine months of office aren't "tough". Remember the "spy plane" incident with China? Remember 9/11? Holy cow, what do you call a "tough situation"? That's pretty inane...

As for what the current movement in the cabinet does, it allows the R's to do some things with the tax structure that were not possible before. This is probably where the Prez has the best chance to influence fiscal policy, and where he can make the most direct impact on the economy. This is the moment you've been waiting for, and we'll all finally get to see what he is made of fiscally. Finally, something is about to happen for which you can truly blame or thank the Prez with regards to our economy.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Re: "Bush Ousts Economic Team"
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2002, 11:49:35 AM »
Originally posted by funkedup

The recession started before he was in office, and a recovery has already started.

??? 1st quarter 2001 was positive, 2nd quarter, March 2001, was negative.  New administration started with 335 billion surplus . Says so in the congressional accounting report.

Heheh I know why the GOP would like to turn back the clock a few months for the history books.. because what's the alternative?.. no.. there has to be some way to blame those demonic-craps.      

Recovery will occur just like it would have anyways, whether he had canned these guys or not.

Recovery will occur when investors from around the world don't think American leadership is insane.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2002, 04:22:40 PM »
10Bears it depends on how you define it and what indicators you use.  By the end of 1999 it was pretty clear that things were flattening out.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2002, 04:55:56 PM »
the 90's ? you mean the "clinton bubble"? what was insane were the PE ratios in the 90's

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2002, 06:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
the 90's ? you mean the "clinton bubble"? what was insane were the PE ratios in the 90's

in the 90's the CEO's were just playing follow the Leader

if slick could get away with it, so could they - or so they thought
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline whgates3

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2002, 12:12:37 AM »
Originally posted by Kieran
LOL! Like having two major international incidents in the first nine months of office aren't "tough". Remember the "spy plane" incident with China? Remember 9/11? Holy cow, what do you call a "tough situation"? That's pretty inane...

As for what the current movement in the cabinet does, it allows the R's to do some things with the tax structure that were not possible before. This is probably where the Prez has the best chance to influence fiscal policy, and where he can make the most direct impact on the economy. This is the moment you've been waiting for, and we'll all finally get to see what he is made of fiscally. Finally, something is about to happen for which you can truly blame or thank the Prez with regards to our economy.

both of the foreign policy incidents were no brainers.
influencing economics is not.
so far - except blaming clinton for the situation - he has sat on his hands

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2002, 05:23:37 AM »
No-brainers. I see. uh-huh.

You really think the spy plane incident was a "no-brainer"?

You really think you kid sit in the big-boy chair during 9/11?

You probably do.

You know what is really funny? In his time in office, I remember relatively few references to the past administration, and I can't remember any specific references to Clinton. OTOH, you have Clinton, breaking all presidential tradition of the past, traveling around badmouthing the current administration. There sure is fingerpointing going on, but it isn't coming from the White House- at least, not the current occupant. Bush has had ample opportunity, even ample reason to attack Clinton, but he hasn't.

I do wish the former president would shut his pie hole, however. "We had a super-secret plan to get bin Laden, and we were just about to go get him but, damn, my time expired at just the rig... er, I mean 'wrong' time. Bush knew about our super-secret plan, but didn't do anything about it. 9/11 was therefore his (Bush's) fault!"
« Last Edit: December 08, 2002, 05:29:37 AM by Kieran »

Offline whgates3

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2002, 01:38:44 AM »
Originally posted by Kieran
No-brainers. I see. uh-huh.

You really think the spy plane incident was a "no-brainer"?

You really think you kid sit in the big-boy chair during 9/11?

You probably do....

yes i do
spy plane: bush just waited until the chinese gave back the pilots (the only real alternative: threaten china, risk nuclear war, look like an idiot)
WTC: a weak nation attacked us. bush whupped 'em (only real alternative: do nothing, hope they go away, look like a popsicle)

what was so dificult about that?