Author Topic: Help for Newbie Please - Skins  (Read 495 times)

Offline Dr Lecter

• Zinc Member
Help for Newbie Please - Skins
« on: December 10, 2002, 04:44:21 AM »
OK, I need to start from scratch.  I would love to have some other colour schemes for my AH aircraft other than the default ones, but I am ignorant of the methods, protocol etc.

Please can you advise me on background reading for this topic?  The sort of things I need to know are: Is it possible to use other peoples skins with permission?  How would I actually do this?  How do I make skins myself? do I need to understand computer programming?

Thanks,

Dr Lecter

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 07:34:44 AM »
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67160

just read som previous post from last 100 days, and u can find answers for every your question

ramzey
« Last Edit: December 10, 2002, 07:37:14 AM by ramzey »

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 03:31:36 AM »
You need to use Terrain Editor software (dowload from HTC sites) and some art program like Photo Shop to edit skins.

Terrain Editor has good help menu with it, read instructions from there. With TE (Terrain Editor) you actually don't create new skins but you edit the HTC default skins. They are 8-bit bitmap files and you don't need to understand computer programming: if you can use drawing programs, you can edit skins!;)

You must to create a little map first, where you skins are visible for ex. in H2H arena. Skins are always together with terrains/maps. You cannot use your own skin for ex. in Main Arena!

It is not difficult!:cool:
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment