Author Topic: HEY YOU CV SUICIDERS OUT THERE! How about this? (long post)  (Read 320 times)

Offline EDO43

• Copper Member
HEY YOU CV SUICIDERS OUT THERE! How about this? (long post)
« on: December 10, 2002, 03:15:12 PM »
This post is specifically for those "suicide CV bombers" out there; you know who you are.  How about a Nice "one shot lighter" G4M2 with an Ohka rocket bomb?  Wouldn't that be better?  A loaded P38/47 with 1000 lbr's and rockets diving from 15-20k into the CV  takes too much effort don't you agree?  You have to pickle everything before you die or the CV doesn't, and make no mistake, most of you do die.  Launch an Ohka from a Betty within 10 miles of the CV and rocket yerself right into it!  What a hoot!  I'd do it just to fly the Ohka.  Yer pretty much immune to fighter interception due to the speed of the Ohka. If you get caught it's yer own fault.  Of course you can use the Ohka against land targets as well.  Also, there'll be no bailing out from an Ohka...once yer in, yer in....

What I propose is this:  Launch a single G4M2 (Betty) loaded with an Ohka and fly it toward the target CV.  Now the Betty would have to be at least 5k in altitude for the Ohka to launch sucessfully.  Any less and the Ohka splashes into the sea due to the fact that the light off time and the time to fall 5k are almost equal.  Maybe 3k minimum.  Steer the Ohka with the stick/rudder into the CV.  If you sink it, you get 10-15 bomber perkies (maybe more).  Of course you would die and a death would be recorded in the bomber column; But, the reward would be worth a death and is two fold.  You gain more points to be used for other perk rides (bomber) and you effectively reset the enemy task force.  Now of course AA gunners on the TF can take you out but  being as fast as an Ohka is, gunners would have to be real good to take you out.    The launching betty would disappear (w/no kill rewarded to anyone after Ohka launch) and you wouldn't be penalized for leaving the bomber.  And for those of you who'd avoid being shot down by launching the Ohka as an enemy fighter attacks, if you don't destroy anything credible, you get zero perks and 2 deaths(Betty pilot alone or betty and Ohka pilot).  Of course if someone wanted to pilot the Betty for you or vice versa, and return the Betty to base and you sink the CV, the pilot of the Betty would also receive 10-15 (or more) perks as well.  Due to the fact that 3 Ohkas could devastate any TF, there would be no formation option for Betties w/Ohka bombs attached.  Historically, Bettys carried cameras, 250kg bombs, torpedoes and the Ohka.  All loadouts would be available and formation available except for when carrying the Ohka.   You could run a recce mission for your teammates to locate a TF and if found, (and picture taken) would show on radar for 10-15 minutes.  After that, the TF would be hidden again.  I think the Ohka had the equivalent of only 1,000 lbs of high explosive but in an Ohka in AH, it would be enough to sink a carrier or cruiser.

For that matter, what about instituting V1 sites at forward bases?  Each base limited to 2 V1's per hour of course and if captured they'd be useless against you because the launch ramps are pointed the wrong direction.

What do you all think?  Wouldn't it be a hoot?  V1's would have to have their flight paths determined before launch by clicking on an "in range" enemy base.  Just like the real things, they would be blind after launch and have a limited range.  I think the rank system would be great for having the ability to take control of and launch the V1's.  Killshooter not withstanding, the V1 could take out a hangar, fuel, troops....anything that a 1000 lb bomb could.  Just imagine a 262 trying to catch a doodlebug, putting its wingtip under the buzz bomb and tipping it up causing it to lose control or a mustang/typhoon/tempest shooting it down...another hoot! (again, more perks to the victor)

Probably a lot harder to implement than I imagine but hey, everything ever invented started with an idea didn't it?  It may be a long time before it'll ever get implemented (ie AH 1.25) but I'll be here. (I hope)
Mawey -a-  tsmukan

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 11:04:24 AM »

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 02:51:07 PM »
The Do-217 carried a radio controlled missile.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
I like this approach myself.....
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2002, 08:20:03 AM »
Dear suicide JABO/Buffers....
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2002, 04:46:48 PM »
hahahahahahaha:D
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan