Author Topic: Abatic is a P-47 Shooter.  (Read 449 times)

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Abatic is a P-47 Shooter.
« on: December 15, 2002, 09:19:40 AM »
I'm not starting this post to make Hawk look bad.  P6EHawk is one of my favorite people in the game. He is extremely passionate about this hobby, and  voices it. So occasionally it brings a lot of heat his way. Abatic shot a few chutes last week. Okay so he did, he also shot at least half my squadrons P-47s out of the sky, in one mission. Persoannaly if he can do that, and still have ammo to waste on chutes, he's the man. Abatic has never displayed anything but class around me, and the chute shooting seems to have two different camps on if it's acceptable or not.

Those of you that are against chute shooting..................... . Your never going to convince the guys that do it, that it's wrong. However if you complain, and get mad, you can bet your bellybutton the chute shooting will sky rocket because people will know they are getting to you. If your going to bail, open your chute as close to the ground as possible, so your not hanging there being a target for very long. Also once on the ground, go to the tower. Your just asking to get shot standing around on the ground in your chute.

Fly and Fight all the rest is crap.:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 09:22:06 AM by Löwe »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 10:03:50 AM »
"and the chute shooting seems to have two different camps on if it's acceptable or not. "

For the record I'd like to state I never thought it was unacceptable, whether it was right or wrong, or whether it has a place in the CT. I just dont like it. I dont like being shot down either:D  

Good post Lowe.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 10:48:30 PM by Slash27 »

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 10:12:02 PM »
Dont know who Abatic is but he is one hell of a stick, he cleaned my clock 4 or 5 times the other day, not that you have to be a good stick to do that, but according to others he has killed I think all will agree. Glad to see him in the ct!
 Kill chutes if you want, no biga deal, just dont shoot mine, ex paratrooper you know, seen what happens when they dont work!

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2002, 08:40:10 AM »
Ok Abatic, maybe you and I got off to a bad start. I have never seen you before, never talked to you before, didn't know your reputation. I guess somehow you knew me and acknowledged me for being a fighter pilot not a GV driver. I like both! Hell I thought you were just pissed because I kept shooting you down while you attacked my GV THEN you yelled at me. You yelled at me then muted me, I came out fighting using the UBB bully pulpit!

Fester, practically the same thing bud. I had never seen or heard of your name before. You pop into the arena, get a few kills on one side, switch to the other side, get a few kills then switch back. The sides were not unballanced at the time. I saw this because I never exited my vehicle when you switched sides at least twice. I bomb your GV using a P-38 killing you and you yell at me for it. You claim "This is a GV war GO AWAY" then you practically destroy our GV hanger (eliminating the GV war?) in your next breath. You may be good, but you are a "gammer" I thought the CT was above that mentality.

There is much more to this but I am not going to open my mouth about it for fear it will turn on me as it did before.

The Combat Theater is nothing more than the Main Arena's Step Child.

I would like to see an arena were guys will fly with mutual thoughts and understandings. Plan a mission, fly the mission, try to return home. It can still be done all in the name of a "Game" but still be done seriously and respectfully.  All I see in the CT is, "There is the bar dar, There is the furball, Oh my god their attacking my poor city, Lets go shoot something"! I thought that is what the MA was for. An arena where a guys could fly anything he wanted and shoot anything he wanted chutes included!. I am so sorry I had the wrong impression of what I thought the CT was to represent. Maybe the Mission Arena will represent what I am looking for out of a flight sim. Look guys, I am from south Georgia, if I just want to go outside and shoot something, I can and I have and I can do it cheaper than $15 a month!!!

The "Mission Arena" doesn't sound so bad. I would like to give it a try.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2002, 08:43:03 AM by CurtissP-6EHawk »