Author Topic: WW2OL, 2nd Impressions  (Read 4503 times)

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2002, 01:54:35 PM »
It was a fun read:)

HC

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2002, 02:01:54 PM »
Sorry Fishu, kinda hard to tell sometimes. Must be the language thing. My apologies.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2002, 02:45:46 AM »
Tryed again WWIIol

Same old piece of toejam

French armor is still fubar (from gun dispertion ,view system to cast armor ...)

Didn't bother to try infantry or air (if I play for France I expect to fly in a FRENCH plane)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2002, 05:46:28 AM »
Sreaffo try German psnzers next. they can absorb pretty much anything allies can shoot against them.

Specially Pz38(t) and PzII thought PzIV and PzIII aren't too bad either.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2002, 06:03:36 AM »
hey... I'm french don't expect to see me in a pzr :)

AH is a fantasy game so I can up whatever I want but in WWIIol I'll feel guilty to be on the german side

This is not a derogatory comment for my german friend just that in a game pretending simulating reality I won't behave like a traitor ;)

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2002, 08:44:28 AM »
straffo, the frog..err french will get theyr toy (D.520)
i expect a great turkey-shooting (sp?) around x-mas
until they get familiar with the toy :D *g*
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2002, 09:07:39 AM »
I can't think of a single plane in WWII that would overheat at max rpm in 20 minutes.   I think you can keep that "realism".   Sounds like something doc doomie would make up.
lazs

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2002, 09:47:04 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I can't think of a single plane in WWII that would overheat at max rpm in 20 minutes.   I think you can keep that "realism".   Sounds like something doc doomie would make up.
lazs

good try lazs, but I said I liked that added "immersion" or "difficulty."  Never said anything about realism, because more than likely, neither AH or WWIIOL is "realistic" with engine overheating rates or even close to realistic.  One just actually has engine overheating while the other can only achieve that if the radiator goes out.

besides, 20 minutes?  naw, WWIIOL sorties usually last a lot longer than that (unless you get shot down).  It's really nowhere near your cup of tea, lazs.  There's parity between the planes, but no variety, no easy to find fight, and almost never no short hop between launch and getting to the fight.  I can almost 100% say you'd not enjoy it, even if all the models (graphics, flight, and damage) were the same as AH's.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2002, 09:59:20 AM »
besides, 20 minutes? naw, WWIIOL sorties usually last a lot longer than that (unless you get shot down). It's really nowhere near your cup of tea, lazs. There's parity between the planes, but no variety, no easy to find fight, and almost never no short hop between launch and getting to the fight. I can almost 100% say you'd not enjoy it, even if all the models (graphics, flight, and damage) were the same as AH's.

Actually, I differ in a few of the areas.

Agree sorties normally last a bit longer.

Disagree with the parity to a point- there is no way to compare the armaments of the aircraft and call them anything near equal. Performance-wise it is better, but the 109 is just so far ahead of everything else... it's kinda like the 262 of the time period. The only reason to die in one is being careless.

Agreed not much variety.

Disagree about fights being hard to find. I find it very easy to find fights- just go to a forward airfield, there'll be vultchers. Go to a large contested city, there'll be Stukas or Hawks. FB's almost always have easy Blen kills ready to be had for the stat hound.

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2002, 02:11:26 PM »
just got my password , they just asked for my cd key

got on playd for 4 hours had a hoot totaly lost but wow it is cool

now trying to get a profile for my dezilhimer drivers

man the joystick calibration is weird. gonna go read

by the way im towd in game :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2002, 02:16:17 PM by lord dolf vader »

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2002, 02:24:49 PM »
Straffo before complaining about french armour you should try the german panzers.
You would propably keep your piehole shut after that and happily drive around in your Somua.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2002, 02:33:30 PM »
Towd one of the most important things is finetuning when aimimng the cannons. With this modification I can use J-Sticks hat for making small corrections.

Last part of my tank.cfml file in wwiiol folder:

POV1w

POV1e

POV1s

POV1n

I also mapped both throttle and central brake to the throttle lever and pedals are used for clutchs for left and right track.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2002, 02:39:08 PM »
gee nifty... realism is ruining immersion for you?   difficulty makes for immersion?  guess we will never agree.  I also would like to know how you can ever have "parity" with allied vs axis... I think we agree that there is no variety but I simply can't think of any time period in the war where there was parity.
lazs

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2002, 02:53:26 PM »
Lord Dorf...if you had an old account, you should only have had to input your ID and password. You may have created a new account. Welcome aboard:-)

HC

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2002, 03:59:50 PM »
Originally posted by Staga
Straffo before complaining about french armour you should try the german panzers.
You would propably keep your piehole shut after that and happily drive around in your Somua.

Explain-me why I should try the pzr and them complain about something I don't give a toejam ?

The armour model of the french tank is porked .