Author Topic: 1.11  (Read 489 times)

Offline metronom

• Copper Member
« on: December 12, 2002, 04:18:54 PM »
"Fixed a bug where the train sound was still playing after train was destroyed"

Sorry, but I have to laugh about this one :D

So the train got a sound? Great.
The only thing I hear then I dare to come near an enemy Train is          >BOOM< and off I go to Valhalla in the tower. It's easier for me to take off from a massively vulched field then to  kill a train.

sailor

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Re: 1.11
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 04:27:47 PM »
Originally posted by metronom

The only thing I hear then I dare to come near an enemy Train is          >BOOM< and off I go to Valhalla in the tower. It's easier for me to take off from a massively vulched field then to  kill a train.

sailor

Bwahahahahaaaaaa

Ditto

palef
Retired

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 04:53:55 PM »
it already has a sound...btw I already made the new train sound for next sound pack. :D

http://www.mitsu.devimg.com/downloads/temp/train.mp3

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2002, 04:54:06 PM »
Aye well the whole list doesnt really make me wanna jump up and dance.  I guess it's just a taster of the more mundane changes coming with 1.11, we'll find out what they've really been spending the last 160+ days doing nearer the time of release.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2002, 05:25:14 PM »

sailor

personally I think it would be easier to take off from an enemy cv.  The ack there is less effective than the trains ack. Oh and btw all trains are enemy trains. Even one suppling your own depots etc etc.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2002, 10:00:31 PM »
Originally posted by Swoop
Aye well the whole list doesnt really make me wanna jump up and dance.  I guess it's just a taster of the more mundane changes coming with 1.11, we'll find out what they've really been spending the last 160+ days doing nearer the time of release.

Remember, they put a lot of work into the Mission Theatre that will not be making it in this version.  I suspect a lot of their work in the last 160 days will show up in v1.12, not v1.11.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2002, 11:24:15 PM »

sailor

Lost a 262 to a train the other day, diving in on a A20, "what's that black thing in front of him?"  Single ping, in tower... :(

As for v1.11, we already have some great stuff coming:

P51 reskin (YEAH!)
Me163
Kate
Stuka
Tiger

The rest is just window dressing (except for the bomber bug fixes, been waiting on them for ages)...

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
Re: Re: 1.11
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2002, 08:59:02 AM »
Originally posted by icemaw
personally I think it would be easier to take off from an enemy cv.  The ack there is less effective than the trains ack. Oh and btw all trains are enemy trains. Even one suppling your own depots etc etc.

Yes, I noticed that a couple days ago, when I was tanking to A69 and started taking pings, then lost my engine; I jumped to pintle and panned around to see the train supplying our fuel depot heading away from me. Unfortunately, while all trains are hostile as far as their FlaK armament, it appears that they're still 'friendly' with regard to damage; I landed three 75mm HE rounds on it before it moved out of visibility over a hill, and didn't cause any visible damage.