Author Topic: Chute Shooting? Kill Message in Text Buffer, WHO DONE IT?  (Read 2349 times)

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
Chute Shooting? Kill Message in Text Buffer, WHO DONE IT?
« on: January 12, 2001, 03:17:00 PM »
here's an idear,

why not display who's chute you shot, and let them know who shot them!?  

bet it would provoke some hunting seasons  

oh, BTW, perk points for chutes     ?!!

------------------
Mason22  Fat Drunk (chute shooting) Bastards  -- "shut up and FLY"

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2001, 03:38:00 PM »
ok.. how about negative perk points for shooting chutes ?

just a thought

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2001, 03:41:00 PM »
Had a lanc pilot bail out and fre-fall right in front of my ride last night.

Technically, his chute hadn't deployed yet.  It never did

AKDejaVu

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2001, 03:42:00 PM »
How about getting a life?  How about worrying about something worth the effort?

Kill me in my chute, I just dont care.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2001, 03:46:00 PM »
<chanting> ma-son! ma-son! ma-son!  

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2001, 04:02:00 PM »
Why would anyone want to punish people for doing what the game is intended to do?

If you die in the plane explosion or crash or chute, or to a HO, Isn't this the object of the game, to kill your opponent? And at all cost? And don't tell me this rolls over into real life, Give me a break!!! And don't pull the "honor card " either, I have alot of respect for many players in AH, and i'll shoot their chutes just as fast!

NUTTZ
Proud member of CSAA (Chute Shooters Association of America )

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2001, 04:48:00 PM »

Originally posted by NUTTZ:
Why would anyone want to punish people for doing what the game is intended to do?
If you die in the plane explosion or crash or chute, or to a HO, Isn't this the object of the game, to kill your opponent? And at all cost? -NUTTZ Proud member of CSAA (Chute Shooters Association of America )

Uh, I beg to differ, the OBJECT of the GAME is to have fun. If shooting someone's chute is your idea of fun, well then have at.
But what should be remembered is you may be denying someone else thier enjoyment of the game by doing so, if that's okay with you, then have at.

Wonder how many potential customers didn't subscribe cuz' they thought the arena was full of self-centered a-holes.

Let's be honest, the only point to shootin' a chute is to feed one's ego isn't it?

Personally I rarely shoot chutes, don't wanna waste my "E" and ammo on sumthin for which I get no gain.

In WB it was different, the chute had a .45cal to ping the golden bb at ya.
Always felt then if he's shooting at me to return the favor  

And last but not least, those most liked and admired in the game (Ghosth, HBlair, etc.) realize that "Good Sportsmanship" includes being a graceful and respectful winner, as much as not being a poor loser.

BTW in war the object is NOT to kill your enemy, but to make him submit to your control.

------------------
"ASSASSINS have BIGGER Joysticks!"

<< MILENKO >>
ACES HIGH ASSASSINS Website
WB/AH ASSASSINS Website

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2001, 05:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by milnko:
But what should be remembered is you may be denying someone else thier enjoyment of the game by doing so, if that's okay with you, then have at.
 Many of legal actions allowed by gaming rules are denying enjoyment - vulching, gangbanging, ackstarring. So whenever there is a conflict, rather then inventing new rules we should just use the game rules. Chutes are shootabe - hence there is nothing wrond with people doing so.

Wonder how many potential customers didn't subscribe cuz' they thought the arena was full of self-centered a-holes.
 You are one of the most ardent opponents and you are still here, so probably none  

Let's be honest, the only point to shootin' a chute is to feed one's ego isn't it?
 As in playing any game. Otherwise it would be work.

In WB it was different, the chute had a .45cal to ping the golden bb at ya.
Always felt then if he's shooting at me to return the favor    

After all you said, the infinitesmall chance of someone hitting and damaging a plane with a .45 is enough to change your opinion? You are living in a world of your own imagination. Nothing wrong with that as long as you do not try to shame other people for not following your ridiculous rules.

What about a radio that a choot carries?

BTW in war the object is NOT to kill your enemy, but to make him submit to your control.
 Isn't it even worse? What about dying rather then submitting? Do you get your kicks imagining that you have submitted a guy that is hanging under his shoot? Thinking you can shoot him but do not? Feeding your ego at his expence?

For some of us shooting another guy is not about "submitting" but about honestly and openly feeding our ego by moving pixels on the screen - much like PacMan but more complex. If it were a real life, most of us would have reluctantly made sure that an enemy pilot did not get a chance to fly again.

miko

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2001, 05:10:00 PM »
Only "chute" the 35k alt dweebs and the CHOG spray and pray pilots.

Its the 11th commandment... and you all are sinners by not adhering to it!   *grin*

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2001, 05:41:00 PM »
it is a perspective thing i guess...

an enemy that survives (in rl) is one that can go home and get another plane. if he goes and gets another plane his goal will be to kill your countrymen and you. not worth wasting e or ammo really but if economy permits you are doing your job killing the nme

-it is funny to talk about enjoyment in the context of a wargame - this isn't a tennis match it is war! war wasnt neatly regulated, pretty, symmetrical, fair or sportsmanly - it was large scale murder.

all kinds of people participated in war and all types of people play this game(sim whatever) - i am the type that sees purpose and beauty in killing every last enemy i can whether their ego allows for it or not - if i was worried about hurting feelings i would shoot anyone down in the first place <   and rarely do anyway     >- i wasnt shooting to disable your plane i was shooting to kill you!

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2001, 06:02:00 PM »
I shoot the occasional no skill HO dweeb chute, and now and then a chog (redundancy there, I know).

They deserve it.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I am the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel." - A. Eldricht

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2001, 06:34:00 PM »
Announce who shot the chute......

Stoopid idea, ain't we got enough whines in the MA?

I'd be fine with the idea if you got your little yellow text sayin who did it, and you automatically muted from chatting on any channl  

AKskurj

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2001, 06:38:00 PM »
I like to watch the 30+K buff dweebs float down, I always hope they open waaaaaaaay to high, Then If I am really really really lucky, I can come by in 10 to 15 mins to see if they are still floaring down, and if I am really really really really lucky, I will see them just about on the ground. and then ratatatatatatatatatatatatatat atatat waste them.

those are the only chutes I care to chute.

------------------
wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2001, 06:38:00 PM »

Originally posted by miko2d:
Many of legal actions allowed by gaming rules are denying enjoyment - vulching, gangbanging, ackstarring. So whenever there is a conflict, rather then inventing new rules we should just use the game rules. Chutes are shootabe - hence there is nothing wrond with people doing so.

Ah, here is the rub, vulching, gangbanging, ackstarring is not the same as shooting a chute, which for all intents and purposes is figuratively kicking the opponent after you've already won the fight. The person who gets vulched has the option to move to another field, the victim of a gangbang has the choice of moving to where his countrymen can support him.

You are one of the most ardent opponents and you are still here, so probably none

U selectively quoted my original post, the opening paragraph stated; OBJECT of the GAME is to have fun. If shooting someone's chute is your idea of fun, well then have at. I neither support nor condemn the practice. I don't do it, but that's my choice. I am merely offering a counter point to NUTTZ's post, which seemed a tad blood thirsty for this just being a game.

After all you said, the infinite small chance of someone hitting and damaging a plane with a .45 is enough to change your opinion? You are living in a world of your own imagination. Nothing wrong with that as long as you do not try to shame other people for not following your ridiculous rules.

The difference being that the chutist in WB is still actively trying to shoot me down, whereas in AH, he is effectively removed from the current battle 'til he can re-up.
Interesting that you feel I was trying to shame people into not shooting chutes, this is most indicative that you do indeed feel some negative feelings about the practice.
Could it be that you do in fact realize it's unsportsmanlike? Your use of the word shame might also be considered a Freudian slip.

What about a radio that a choot carries?

What about it? Last time I looked there was a big red/green bar in the sector telling me where the friendlies and bad guys were.
Only so many ways to say it.....

For some of us shooting another guy is not about "submitting" but about honestly and openly feeding our ego by moving pixels on the screen - much like PacMan but more complex.
miko

Ah I think I understand; you are just moving pixels around, there is NO ONE on the other end of the internet connection, NOT a real person, just pixels. I see. Y
Unfortunatly too many people forget that there IS someone on the other side of that connection, and fail to treat them with the respect they would if they were in the same room with them. I call it Internet courage.

I honestly try to throw a salute to everyone after a fight, regardless of whether I won or lost. It's called sportsmanship.

But hey! it's your $30, spend it however you want.
<S>
Milenko

[This message has been edited by milnko (edited 01-12-2001).]

PakRat

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2001, 06:53:00 PM »
Whiney crybaby mode on

But NUUUUUTTZ, it's just not sporting to shoot chutes! <snif, snif>. Every pixel that represents a player on my screen is sacred. The fact that it is just an inorganic phosphor that emits light when excited by an electron beam doesn't matter - It is almost as good as a real life and must be respected as such!

Even though this is a wargame simulation where we get all giddy of blowing the hell out of an opponent, that shouldnt matter! We're talking about virtual life here and decorum, sportsmanship, and honor are topmost priorities.

Yes! I want to know who shoots my phosphor chute representation because I want to justify a vendetta! I want to complain that that bastage pilot wasn't playing by my rules! I want to squeak on the radio about the injustice done to me!

The nerve! Turning my brown phosphors (actually a combination of red, green, and blue) into a bright red/yellow fireball of blood and guts. I get all self-righteous and whiney when that happens and want everyone to know!

Whiney crybaby mode off

There. I feel soooo much better now. Is my place in Heaven assured?  

------------------
Rape, pillage, then burn...