Author Topic: Ta152, should it be perked?  (Read 2362 times)

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
Ta152, should it be perked?
« on: February 20, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
Below 20k it is an average fighter which will have difficulty with just about any fighter in the arena now.  However it's intimidating armament will always be a factor in HO's, but would a perk driver want to HO?

fscott

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2001, 09:27:00 AM »
I think everything should be perked.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
Gee, I can see where this thread leads, LW will say no (and understate the planes fine qualities) and non-LW will say yes.

I'll leave my decision up to the developers.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
I think nothing should be perked.  

Seriously.

But I'll go with whatever Grapevine decides and adapt as required.

------------------
Toad

Fly what you like. Like what you fly. Don't worry about what the other guy flies. It's a game.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2001, 09:35:00 AM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Gee, I can see where this thread leads, LW will say no (and understate the planes fine qualities) and non-LW will say yes.

I'll leave my decision up to the developers.

You'll be surprised.

a plane that does 470mph has to be perked, more if only 50 saw service. IMO.

Bullwinkle

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2001, 09:38:00 AM »
I think that it should not be perked. Or a very cheap perk. Very vulnerable at low altitudes where most fights take place. I think it is just another overly dramatized piece of LW junk. The high speeds of 470+ mph makes people believe it's more than it really is. I say GIVE people perk points to fly this piece of scrap metal. Can't wait to blow it into little teeny tiny pieces.

BullWinkle

"Don't touch my BullWinkle"

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2001, 09:39:00 AM »
Yup Rip, that is exactly why I posted as I did. This one will degrade veeeeery quickly.

OTOH, though my other post was a joke, why not perk them all? After all, it is only a matter of how many points it takes to fly anything, right? And hey, if you want to really stop people from popping up on a runway over-and-over...

'Course this is tongue-in-cheek.  

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2001, 09:41:00 AM »
I am really curios about its handling in a dive. I am pretty sure it had trim on all axis(my Dragon 1/48 one seems to) Of course it has to be perked, HQ raids will be super hard if it is too prevelent. But with it perked you will have to think twice to attack a box of (AH)B17s in one of these. Really this is an anti pony plane. But the Pony drivers probably have the skills to use it best(if it can dive reasonably well)
Will it have pronounced control lock up as it passes 20k or 15k in a fast dive...thats what I am curios about. It would really limit its leathality if it does.
I hope they give a 20mm only option.

Bullwinkle

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2001, 09:43:00 AM »
Kieren does this mean that I would be spending hard earned perk points to kill vulchers with my 2000 lb loaded TBM? That's not fair.

BullWinkle

[This message has been edited by Bullwinkle (edited 02-20-2001).]

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2001, 09:50:00 AM »
I agree RAM but as so many have said to me it's not how many were made but will it end up dominating the MA. If that's the only criteria I think that the only way to be sure of that is to open the MA up to each of them for one tour. See how adding that plane changes things. If it's dominant then perk it. If not leave it there. Then add the next and so on tell you find out the ones that really cause problems and the ones that are just an N1K at 30k but no real threat at 15k and lower where we normally fight. I think that rarity and performance should regulate it. If it's rare and performs exceptionally (La-7, Tempest, F8F, etc.) then make it expensive. But as it is the only reason to perk one is because everyone is flying it. The only way to really find that out is to add the planes one at a time and see how each one effects the balance of the game.

[This message has been edited by Jimdandy (edited 02-20-2001).]

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2001, 09:55:00 AM »
Keep them all free and look what happens.
If one of the planes is getting more than its piece of kills should be then perk it.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2001, 10:01:00 AM »
Oh and G-10 is faster than TA152 in lower altitudes where most of fights happen.

Thought I'm not sure how TA152 turns in low level fight, Propably much better than G-10 (that wont take much...)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »

Originally posted by Staga:
Keep them all free and look what happens.
If one of the planes is getting more than its piece of kills should be then perk it.

ahh.. this is nice idea..
Automatic perk system - give each plane amount of points which goes up/down by kills/deaths/sorties, and after enough points reached - PERKED  

*sees chog perked*

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2001, 10:42:00 AM »
The only problem with that system, Staga, is that eventually everything gets perked. You see, one plane will always be more popular than all other available planes.

See? You wind up on my original premise- perk them all!

[This message has been edited by Kieren (edited 02-20-2001).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2001, 10:46:00 AM »

Originally posted by Kieren:
You see, one plane will always be more popular than all other available planes.

[This message has been edited by Kieren (edited 02-20-2001).]

...such are the experience of Veterans of Online Simming.