Author Topic: GV skins and AC/Veh skins used by both sides in scenario  (Read 575 times)

Offline ZePolarBear

• Zinc Member
GV skins and AC/Veh skins used by both sides in scenario
« on: December 18, 2002, 07:34:15 PM »
Newbie question:

I won't bug you guys about getting a skin up and going etc....this question is before all of that.

I am looking at maybe modifying some GV skins for Nieman (unsolicited) and have a few questions somebody can hopefully answer for me to see if it's worthwhile to try for the scenario ( I think I will start doing skins/terrains for fun anyway).

What I would like to do is the following:  Edit the skins on the pnzrIV to make it look like a T34, edit the skins on the M8 to make it look like a light russian tank (not sure of model it's supposed to be) and then on the simple side change the skins on the M3 and M16 to a russian scheme.

Question #1:  If I change a skin on a vehicle does that change apply to vehicles on all sides or can the skin be chosen as part of the country.  Barring that, is it possible for the CM's to include new vehicles in a scenario (i.e.  Compile the PNZRIV as a T34 object and then make it accesible to the russians only?)

Question #2: In regards to changing the look of a vehicle as in #1, what would happen if I gave the pnzr IV a T34 silhouette?  i.e. shorter barrel sloping armour, make the skirt invisible etc.  Would the "physical presence" of the tank be the same as a pnzrIV or is it dependent on the skin (i.e. if you hit a part of the T34 that has been masked, is it still a hit on the vehicle?)

Question #3:  Is there a set order to the components in the .bmp files that show, wheels and side views etc etc and are the size of them inviolate (i.e. replacing the wheels in an M8 with  tracks)

Question #4:  I notice in the M* skin that it includes the M16 skins.  Why?  is the M16 a base object upon which the M8 is built?

Thanks in advance.

ZPB

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 08:16:14 PM »
ad1. All skins looks same for all countries, so u can fly axis side hurri mk22 with red stars. Current skinning model dont give chances to fly same plane model other countrie skins.  All skins are included with terrain.

ad2. If i correct understand u think about alpha channel for non show parts of vechicycle. Not painted on bitmap not mean invissible.
Every 3d model have included 3d shape color. U can see that on example p38. If u reskin this airplane u still have white alleiron/don t remember on which wing/

ad3. sry i dont understand quwestion /my bad english skills/

ad4. One bitmap skin, or his part, can be used in many planes /shapes/. Its only question of link them to 3d model and UV mapping. Thats why HTC save space , and make graphic faster.
U can see that on markings bitmap. There are markings for US and VVS planes /now i dont remember file name, but if u save skin of la7 or yak u can see US star on one of bitmaps

i hope i helpu
ramzey

Offline ZePolarBear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 10:28:01 PM »
Thx Ramzey:

You did answer my big question, which was whether it would be worth it to do GV skins for Niemen.  The answer is no evidently.

Thx

ZPB

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2002, 09:55:48 AM »
Originally posted by ZePolarBear
Thx Ramzey:

You did answer my big question, which was whether it would be worth it to do GV skins for Niemen.  The answer is no evidently.

Thx

ZPB

GV's (with the exception of the Tiger) have been neutralised for Niemen with all insignia removed......................

MkIV has been turned  green to make it more generic (which required the osty to be like wise converted)
Ludere Vincere