Author Topic: Greetings all! <S> I have a question  (Read 621 times)

Offline Whitecat6598

• Zinc Member
Greetings all! <S> I have a question
« on: December 19, 2002, 09:46:47 PM »
Salute to all good airmen and AH pilots everywhere. :)

My question (which has prolly been answered a zillion times) is this:

When I spawn (wherever) and I see "auto takeoff" just above the HUD, then I decide to taxi to a different takeoff point, invariably the "auto takeoff" tag dissappears.

It is to say, that I don't have a problem taking off without the "auto", sometimes it's easier to get things going without having to worry about every darn thing in the first minute of takeoff... I might wanna look around for some baddies or some such.  LOL!

So, after the "auto takeoff" tag goes off, is there a keypress (or whatever) to turn it on again?

Best Regards,

WC

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2002, 10:28:09 PM »
no there isnt.

It's faster to just take off and turn if you didnt go in the right direction.  Or even to exit and takeoff again in the right one.

Offline Whitecat6598

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2002, 11:03:02 PM »
Thank you very much!

I sorta figured the answer was "no"... but was hoping there was some kind of thing like that that would have made the answer "yes".

:D

WC

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 01:55:58 AM »
Well, hello Whitecat!    I presume you are the same Whitecat from AW, who was telling me everything was going to be OK, and AW was not being killed off?  :)  Anyway, welcome to AH - best advice I can give on autotakeoff is "turn it off"!  I've never used it yet, and never felt a need for it.... I prefer to have full control from the outset.  

Good to see you here - and look forward to seeing you in the MA.  If you need any help online, just give me a call!  Meanwhile you can get lots of good information from the Help files, and also from the Netaces website.  :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Whitecat6598

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 02:02:24 AM »
And Hello Again to you Floss!  

Yep it's the same one.  But I was much more younger and foolish then back in them days.  Willing to believe -anything- I was told.  LOL!!

Good to see ya!  Just now getting over the first hump of learning, in that I am now being killed only regularly.  :)

WC

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 11:51:37 AM »
Originally posted by Whitecat6598
Yep it's the same one.  But I was much more younger and foolish then back in them days.  Willing to believe -anything- I was told.  LOL!!

Good to see ya!  Just now getting over the first hump of learning, in that I am now being killed only regularly.  :)
Hehe.... well, for a long while I was saying the same myself when others were leaving AW in droves; however, I couldn't see how AW could possibly continue once Kesmai Studios were closed down.... :(

Glad to hear you are making progress.... main thing is don't give up!  Fortunately, there are so many different aspects of the game that if you get fed up trying to fly you can always have a break from it and still have fun - in a GV, PT boat, manning ack guns at a field or on a ship, shelling a field or an enemy fleet.  :D  Anyway, as I said, give a shout either here or in the MA if you need any help with anything....  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2002, 12:59:28 PM »
once off the ground press Alt-X for auto climb
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Dux

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2002, 01:22:33 PM »
I've had good luck hitting Shift-X before taking off... this holds whatever angle you are presently at, so don't bother unless you're in a tail dragger! :)
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2002, 03:00:40 PM »
Be careful hitting Alt-X immediately after take-off as Eagler suggested.  If you are not yet at climb speed (slightly different for each plane), the plane will nose down to pick up speed.  If you are at very low level, or low speed, this can smash you into the ground.

-Soda
The Assassins.

Offline Whitecat6598

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2002, 07:31:10 PM »
Dux, Eagler, Soda...

Good suggestions one and all.  And yes, Soda, I've done the "press it too early thing" and found myself in a most unusual attitude sitting on cumulus granite. :)

However Dux, it would seem that you would want the tail to come up (with conventional gear) so that the plane could accellerate better.  Although, mind your rudders when controlling the "P-factor"...

Still kinda beginning here and have noticed that my flying skills are still helped by doing such for real (C-172)... However, I still kind of miss the seat of the pants feeling.  LOL!

Someday maybe I can hook AH and my computer into my super-secret super-dooper zillion dollar flight chair (Pat. Pend.), and get the seat of the pants feeling back.  :D

Best Regards,

WC