Author Topic: QUAKE OR SIM ???  (Read 1521 times)

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
QUAKE OR SIM ???
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2000, 02:21:00 PM »

Originally posted by -lazs-:
I don't get it... If you want to be bored you can do it in the arena by changing your flying style.   You can go to 30k any time you want and probly find 1 or two others of like minds.   If it's that you want everyone to be equally bored then you can allways create your own "realistic" scenario.

lazs

lol lazs - i imagine you are bored enough living in dixon - is their niteclub still there...uh..i mean the safeway? or the fine dining at george's orange?  

it's true though - if you want to fly to an intercept point and a certain altitude you can. if you want to hunt bombers or tanks you can. if you want to jump up in the middle of a mess no problem. big bomber mission? base cap? whatever - it is really up to you or your squad - i like to do all of the above depending on mood and medication dosage -

sometimes i fly very careful missions, patrol an area and then land it etc - other times i try to fly backwards and yell "look at me look at me!" right before i crash - the point is to have fun with it and make it suit your mood

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
QUAKE OR SIM ???
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2000, 02:55:00 PM »
Quite often we hear the "Quake" comparison. I've never played Quake but apparently an awful lot of people here have. How else would they have a comparison base?

Offline Pollock

• Nickel Member
QUAKE OR SIM ???
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2000, 08:37:00 PM »
thanks for the responses I will remain silent and try to do mission stuff if the friggin server ever gets back up...

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
QUAKE OR SIM ???
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2000, 08:55:00 PM »
This game provides the best tools of any game online to do real stuff.  It is up to you to utilize it.  Don't blame HTC for player hubris.

-lazs-

QUAKE OR SIM ???
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2000, 08:37:00 AM »
mrfish.... LOL!  you know dixon... email me next time you are headed up 80 from the gay area.   I live right off the freeway and allways like to meet fellow simmers even ones from frisco.   I'll give you a ride in my chevy powered Healey and we can discuss how boring it is afterwards.
lazs

Offline Grinder

• Zinc Member
QUAKE OR SIM ???
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2000, 08:51:00 PM »
hey all,

I know that Im new and this isnt my place but those who like quake....then go play quake or TFC or CS or whatever. Thats one of the thing's that brought me here in the first place. If its all about frag fest there are plenty of place's out there. Sorry but I couldnt resist.

GLASSSES

QUAKE OR SIM ???
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2000, 12:17:00 AM »
I'm just here to say after I had to sign up for a new account even though my username is registered that this sim si going down the drain plain and simple sorry if this incite a flame war but after I put a fine argument in the current state of this sim and its monotomy each day diying because every other aircraft don't have any vices and most of the asircraft I fly are underpowered in the current FM review make it highly unbalanced(i.e. each plane had strengths and weaknesses) the BB didn't recognize my old account .

Now every other plane out flies anything with little  concern over E state or ACM just. Yank and bank ,put the turbo lasers on target without dispersion,boom goes the target.

Thank you

------------------
I may 4 eyes but you only have on wing

[This message has been edited by GLASSSES (edited 12-08-2000).]

[This message has been edited by GLASSSES (edited 12-08-2000).]