Author Topic: Sabbatical, leave of absence..........  (Read 241 times)

Online eddiek

• Silver Member
Sabbatical, leave of absence..........
« on: March 24, 2001, 09:50:00 AM »

Taking a while off, guys.
It really hit me hard this week that I had almost no desire to fly, and that is strange for me.  I used to look for every opportunity to get online and have fun.
But the truth is, lately, AH hasn't been much fun for me.  Burn out, tired, whatever, I finally came to the conclusion that I just wasn't enjoying the sim anymore.
So, my solution is that I am gonna take at least a month off, maybe more.  I got a new job, and now have the income to do things I was not able to do before.  Got car projects out the wazoo that have been on the back burner for a couple years (or more!) now, and it is time to concentrate on some "real life" stuff.

<S> to all you great people out there!  Gonna miss ya........maybe the desire to fly and the fun level will come back soon and I will once again be a mobile target for all of you........hehehe.  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2001, 01:41:00 PM »
<S!> eddiek, hope to see ya back soon.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"You filthy piece of distended rectum! DIE allierte schweinhund!"

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
he'll be back  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2001, 02:09:00 PM »
Hey Eddiek whats the "car" project?

I just restored a 65'  HT GTO,,, now my new project is to restored a 65' ragtop GTO i've had in my garage for the last 5 years.

NUTTZ

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2001, 03:53:00 PM »
Eddie, gonna miss having you around...and just as we went rook too

You tkae care M8, cya soon!!

nuttz--  GTO.. early model General Motors sports car designed by John Delorean, built and produced by Pontiac. GTO stand for Gas, Tires, and Oil.

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2001, 06:08:00 PM »
Ahhhh Gas Tires  Oil.... that can apply to Harley's also,, Theres just "That feeling" when your bellybutton hits that seat.

NUTTZ

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2001, 06:58:00 PM »
No doubt about it nuttz. I have done my share of tinkering also. But my aim was just pure speed, could care less about the nostalga of a true muscle car..well thats not true, just wanted what little money I had to make the machine to Go, not show Last one was a '68 GMC .5 ton pickup, she would do 8.20 in the eighth of a mile and I managed a high 12 in the quarter. This on 92 octane and mickey thompsons. Can you say corvette eater?
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2001, 10:01:00 PM »
Don't stay gone too long eddie! A slot in the roster will be waiting on you.

Online eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2001, 10:48:00 PM »
Well, NUTTZ, the first one on the agenda is the '86 Monte Carlo SS I got sitting in the driveway.  Bought a hardened input shell and other beef-up parts for a TH200-4R years ago, then let the core tranny go, so now I gotta find one out of a Grand National or GM G-Body.......had a 400 small block worked over before I moved here, added 6" rods and good pistons and the likes, found out later the guy that did the machine work is Top Fuel racer Eddie Hill's machinist, so I know it is spot on....roller cam kit was purchased years ago too.  Right now, I am deciding between AFR or Brodix heads....the Brodix Track I's look like they offer the airflow I need for this little critter.  Got an old schoolmate in Amarillo who's gonna install the 4.10 gears and Auburn Posi for me, then we are gonna head to the track...  
The Monte is my "stupid" car, fit only for cruising the streets or hammering down the track, but the overdrive tranny will help me get to the track in Amarillo.
Got a 355 already built, sitting on the stand in my garage, Vortec heads and a nice Comp Cams bumpstick, will be backed by a Turbo 350 I built myself with a Summit 2800 stall converter and the original 3.73 posi rear from the Monte Carlo.  This is for my daily driver 1981 Chevy El Camino; thank God I only drive 3 or 4 days a week to the location......lol!
Last, but certainly not least, is the 1966 El Camino I bought back in 1983 when I was a senior in high school.  Repro parts are still hard to find for  El Caminos of that year, but luckily all I really need are the floor pans.....
Still have the 4-speed tranny sitting in my dad's shop at the farm, the 12-bolt was gone through back in 1990, and the Vortec engine I got the heads from is sitting in my garage.  Will have it line-bored, gonna add a stroker crank to make her a 383 (thank the Lord they finally make one for a one piece rear main seal), slide a GM H.O.T. cam kit in, top it all off with a set of Trick Flow 23 degree heads I traded for last year.  Gonna practice my paint skills on the '81 El Camino, then paint the '66 myself.    
That's it......gonna get the ones closest to completion knocked out first, then hit that old one I vowed at age 16 to see through to the end......it's just taken me 18 years to get it "seen through".    

[This message has been edited by eddiek (edited 03-24-2001).]

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2001, 12:27:00 AM »
eddiek,we'll keep the porch light on for ya. been the same place you are now......you'll be back when ready, prolly sooner then ya think.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2001, 03:07:00 AM »
Ahhhhh, I will be a little safer in the skies now.  Thanks for leaving  

Seriously, good luck and come back soon!

-math

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2001, 07:27:00 AM »
<S> Eddiek, will miss ya bud!

Give it a month or so then come back & try it again.