Author Topic: Greetings virtual pilots  (Read 299 times)

Offline Zuny

• Zinc Member
Greetings virtual pilots
« on: December 27, 2002, 10:13:56 AM »
I have recently decided to get back into the virtual flying world after a 2 year absence due to the evil that is Everquest.  Before that, I played AW quite a bit.  FR, country A.  I was primarily a hog pilot.  Since AW is no more I've been looking for a good sim to get in to.  I've heard that AH is my best bet.  I guess what I really want to know is how many ex-AWer are here and how do you like AH compared to AW.  I'll probably be downloading AH tonight and trying it out.  So if you see a lone pilot flying around aimlessly with a confused look on his face, have a heart :)

Zuny - A man in search of a country
« Last Edit: December 27, 2002, 10:19:32 AM by Zuny »

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Greetings virtual pilots
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2002, 10:22:10 AM »
So if you see a lone pilot flying around aimlessly with a confused look on his face

I've already been here for seven months.

Welcome to the darkside.

Offline festus

• Zinc Member
Re: Greetings virtual pilots
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2002, 10:26:57 AM »
Originally posted by Zuny
I have recently decided to get back into the virtual flying world after a 2 year absence due to the evil that is Everquest.  Before that, I played AW quite a bit.  FR, country A.  I was primarily a hog pilot.  Since AW is no more I've been looking for a good sim to get in to.  I've heard that AH is my best bet.  I guess what I really want to know is how many ex-AWer are here and how do you like AH compared to AW.  I'll probably be downloading AH tonight and trying it out.  So if you see a lone pilot flying around aimlessly with a confused look on his face, have a heart :)

Hey Zuny, welcome. ex-AWers aren't so bad. Some of my best friends are ex-AWers ;)

BTW, theres free beer and chicks in all the rook towers :D

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Greetings virtual pilots
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2002, 10:34:49 AM »
Greetings, Zuny-

My whole squad defected from AW, as did many others (We flew FR, Cz).

There are many AW refugees here, and the differences between the 2 games can be quite overwhelming.

The learning curve on AH is steep, so be prepared for frustration. Ask questions and you'll get fast answers (But don't fall for the Alt-F4 trick).

If you need any help, check the roster when I'm on and I'll be happy to give you a hand. My callsign is muckMAW.

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2002, 10:41:48 AM »
So if you see a lone pilot flying around aimlessly with a confused look on his face, have a heart

If you fly Knights, ask for one of us Damned folk and we'll be happy to help.

dh

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2002, 10:46:20 AM »
So if you see a lone pilot flying around aimlessly with a confused look on his face, have a heart :)

Zuny...
You just described about half the people playing AH :D . I hope you enjoy it.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Greetings virtual pilots
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2002, 11:56:02 AM »
Welcome Zuny - lots of ex-AW's here - each country has plenty of the "old guard."

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Greetings virtual pilots
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2002, 02:23:04 PM »
Welcome Zuny, I look forward to shooting you down!  :)

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2002, 03:06:04 PM »
I guess what I really want to know is how many ex-AWer are here and how do you like AH compared to AW.  

There are hundreds of ex-AWers here.  Hi-Tech himself and Pyro are also ex-AW players from long ago.

In combat the two main differences that you will need to get used to are head-on attacks and collisions with enemy aircraft.  Just takes practice to learn how to deal with those things.

Once you learn the features of AH, which will take a while, you will find that AH is superior to AW in almost every way.

You can learn the basics off-line.  There is also training program where players can earn free AH time by training newbies, so you should be able to find someone to help you.