Author Topic: Aviation Art  (Read 247 times)

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Aviation Art
« on: January 04, 2002, 05:22:00 PM »
Thought Ya'll might like this  <S>

Aviation Art

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Aviation Art
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2002, 06:51:00 PM »
Not workin Concho

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Aviation Art
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2002, 02:13:00 AM »
if this link doesn't work heres the website

Aviation Art
 http://www.johntackettaviationart.com/

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Aviation Art
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2002, 11:13:00 AM »
Concho!

I collect Aviation Art.  I love it, however beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the sage so brilliantly stated.  Currently I have three prints by noted aviation artists

I have "Day of the Fighters" by Nicolas Trudgeon depicting 5 FW's of 1/JG1 over Holland rtb from intercepting B-17s on the Schweinfurt raid during August of 1943, autographed by "Addi" Glunz and A.Grislawski.

I also have by William S Phillips "When Prayers are Answered" which depicts Betty Boop Pistol Packin' Mama over the channel, rtb with number 4 feathered, and two P47s' picking her up to make sure she gets home safely.  This print is absolutely beautiful

I also have by Robert Taylor "Hostile Skies" which depicts P38's engaging 190s attacking a wounded Liberator, can actually see some torn fabric in the tail of one of the P38s.

All prints are autographed by Pilots who flew or crewed those craft during the war.  Aircraft Art especially depicting WWII art will increase in value , those that are autographed, as we unfortunately lose some of these men who served their countries so well during that horrific period in our history.  Lets collect this art for its' beauty and historic significance.  And remember those who served so well and bravely during the madness of 1939 - 1945.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Hajo ]
- The Flying Circus -

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Aviation Art
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2002, 02:37:00 AM »
That's really cool Hajo.  I don't have anything yet, this was a result of my research.  :)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Aviation Art
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2002, 04:19:00 PM »
Concho it's a great site.  Nice images.  Well worth the look for those interested in air craft art!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
Aviation Art
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2002, 09:26:00 PM »
I still cant pull the page?