Author Topic: Knights new tactic  (Read 1110 times)

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
Knights new tactic
« on: January 10, 2003, 10:40:10 PM »
Pop up from NOE attack drop your bombs and alt-f4? Ive seen this three times in the last two days. Guess its time to empty the film bin and find out who the culprit is.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 10:45:24 PM »
And this differes from your bish suicide hordes how?

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 11:05:19 PM »
Burn them!!!!!

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2003, 12:14:31 AM »
That is a great tactic!  Why waste time flying home??

You can get twice as many suicide runs in if ya don't have to fly home!

:)
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2003, 01:47:21 AM »
sorry,  but GPreddy has become a serious whiner since the contest...  go outside get some air or something.

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2003, 02:18:54 AM »
SunKing you must be one very serious person. I read what I posted several times and I fail to see a whine anywhere. I think therefore you must be the whiner and probably because you are jealous that I can fly a lot. Thats sad and not something to be jealous about. Maybe a few of us older fellas can buy you a beer at the next convention. You are old enough to drink arent you?:D

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Knights new tactic
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2003, 03:29:50 AM »
Now ya had to go pointing fingers instead of just playing 21 hours a day.

Ok, just a observation, but what's as sad and not something to be jealous about is you can fly alot because yer old lady knits alot by her choice. On your own admission of course, which is fine.

Still, seems like a good Teabaggin' might wake you both up. Spend 40 hours a month on that advise rather than a field gun, you'll thank me.

No charge,

Dr. Ruth Creamo

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2003, 04:14:13 AM »
Gpreddy How do You know it was alt f4?

Could they have dropped bombs to close and died.

The only way to tell for sure if alt F4 was to flim then film entire rooster to see if still on.

Just think its premature and inmature to point fingers at 1 side untill you show facts. To back up flaming a entire side.  I've seen many of bishops goons jump out instead of waiting to be killed. Seen rooks do same thing, Seen guys disappear completly think maybe alt f4 but couldv'e been dump.

ONE thing I learned fast in here If you see other side do it,You can bet all sides do it.

JUST LIKE YOUR POST ON SUICIDE KNIGHTS ON CV'S I HAVE FILM OF 40 GUYS TRYING JU87'S F4US P47'S YOU NAME IT, aLL DOING SUICIDE RUNS. GUESS WHAT ALL BISHOPS FIRST THING i SAID WAS NEED TO SEND FILM TO GPREDDY.

Same as Ho's  I've had guys try to HO me from all sides. Rooks Bishops and Knights. Every side has its problems Not one side is better than any other. well my 25 cents is up.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2003, 07:51:09 PM by rod367th »

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2003, 04:37:41 AM »
Rod I know it was alt-f4 because the guy was 6k in the air so no his eggs didnt kill him and he was in a buff form that simply vanished and none of them exploded. There was also a bishop in the air that got a kill for being within proximity to him or had pinged him but I was busy at the time and didnt ask just who it was. Vox was full of horseplay and laughter at that point anyway with someone acting more tardish than creamo even by using alt-f4 like that. As I said its not the first time Ive seen it as its obviously a habit with someone. We will know soon enough.

And its not just an issue with a country rod. I pointed out that knights are doing it to give people an idea of which direction to look for this guy. Yes Ive seen rooks suicide cvs too and in larger groups then knights but Ive never seen rooks suicide a cv that was already dead. It took a knight to do that.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2003, 04:42:23 AM by GPreddy »

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »
I do have to give Bishops Props. They are only side that knows when to hit others for reset. and i've only been here about 4 months I think But I'm sure Bishops win wars half the time. They will back off hitting a country so country with lead has to do all the work, they will put missions toghter to steal bases as one side kills other. and steal away reset. Where as Rooks and Knights will hit each other to pulp and before they see it bishops have won reset.

good examples last week only. 86 bishops were on 37 rooks 36 knights, Knights were hitting rooks and vise versa. mean while bishops just rlling on.

couple of maps ago Rooks got knights to 2 fields bishops were 8 fields behind. Bishops put mission together to take rook bases to get lead. and they did. So rooks stop hitting knights let them take some base, What happens is alot more knights come in And hear rooks were on mainland . They attack mostly just rooks. So bishops start hitting rooks and sure enough When knights got rooks to 3 bases bishops went out stoled 5 bases fast  and won a reset.

And I know exactly what was being said on knight radio. were only behind by 6 bases so if we take rooks last 8 bases we win by 1 or 2.

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2003, 07:08:02 AM »
Voss nothing will stop suiciders untill we get a penalty system for dieing. Like 30 sec delay for a launch after u died.
as long as every 1 can up a new plane after he died ull see it on all sides.
Thats the reason why i say that strategic thinkging with the goal in staying allive doesnt have any chance in a a online game like AH at the moment.

For example if i make a Jabo mission with the goal in destryoing the fuel on a field i allways say: "We drop on fuel and if we hit or not we DONT go into ack, we will fly home to make it back allive."

We normally ending up circling in ack and dieing 1 after the other.

Thats the MA style. And we cant change it.  90% of the people play it like Quake,  10% wanna fly a little bit like in real life.

As long as it is not 50 50 better stop complaining about it.
And playing for score IMO is killing the fun completly. Then its not more fun to kill known score potato and have fuin watching his whine on channel 1.

my 2 cents
Freeze

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2003, 10:02:26 AM »
GPreddy, pay no attention to Sunking. He's just a post potato.

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2003, 10:23:55 AM »
Originally posted by fffreeze220
Voss nothing will stop suiciders untill we get a penalty system for dieing. Like 30 sec delay for a launch after u died.

This wouldnt stop anything. Alt-f4 should lock you out of the arena for five to ten minutes but suicide on the other hand I cant agree with penalizing the way you suggested. I would like to suggest that alt-f4 should result in a message being seen at log in for the next few minutes at least. It should read something like "That account is already logged in and in use" or something similar. I think suicide has to be neutered in order to stop it. Penalizing a player wont stop it. However if his effort doesnt have the desired effect he wont do it. So if there were an easy way to determine suicide and the ship gets sunk maybe it could simply respawn really fast without transporting back to the port. Something else that has really been bothering me is the way that guys can dance into ack and not get killed. If you go anywhere near an ack train you will get wasted yet an f4u can fly right over to the cruiser and drop 2k from fifty feet in a suicide attack and succeed.

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2003, 10:32:52 AM »
Originally posted by Apache
GPreddy, pay no attention to Sunking. He's just a post potato.

Post potato!!

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2003, 01:20:34 PM »

"Drop the paint chips Cobra, Drop em now!"