Author Topic: Knights new tactic  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Knights new tactic
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2003, 01:51:14 PM »
Gpreddy, I bombed you with the cookie bomb from Lancs when you and about 50 other gv's were trying to capture a base(along with the flying hoarde) I then landed three kills in the lancs.  What is alt-4?
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Knights new tactic
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2003, 02:09:56 PM »
BTW, People will use any tactic they can to win, even more so when 4-1 odds.What, you want them to let you roll along?

Rod367, yes, Bish work well together, but it gets worse when newbies join the hoarde to say "we won the reset". Hopping on the bandwagon won't cure the problem. Yes, Knights and Rooks fight while Bish roll, but people spend their hard earned $$ on this game and you cant start giving orders over the country channel telling them who to fight. That is rude and doesn't help. All you can do is go in and try to have fun. Winning is nice, but not everything, it's just a flight sim.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2003, 04:29:36 PM »
Sixpence I wasnt talking about you and the incident you referred to was out of context anyway. I killed both your lancs with my flak and then your eggs hit me. Its weird because usually an aircraft does not get a kill after it dies but yours did. Today I saw one even better though. I killed a 190 in an ho but he got me too. I hit the ground and exploded and then he landed the sortie. He was over my field had no wing and no tail. How did he do that?

Offline 2fraggs

• Zinc Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2003, 05:35:15 PM »
Post potato!!

BUMP!

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
Knights new tactic
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2003, 09:21:23 PM »
Originally posted by Swager
That is a great tactic!  Why waste time flying home??

You can get twice as many suicide runs in if ya don't have to fly home!

If it's a suicide run, Swager, you're not flying home anyway...

Offline rosco

• Copper Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2003, 10:50:16 PM »
Ok review of the new AH  rules for all newbies. Failure to comply with the following rules will result in Chnl 1 and bbs whining.

no alt-F4
no suicide runs
no flying spits
no flying niks
no flying la7s
no base hopping in 163's
absoultly no HOing
no chute shooting
no ack hugging
no vulching
no usage of the word luftwhiner, luftwaffle or luftwobble
no massive goon drops
no engageing the enemy unless you have equal or lesser numbers
no spawn point camping
no sitting in the tower
no hiding the CV

Add to the list if I have forgotten anyting :)

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2003, 02:52:08 AM »
Hey if they want to ruin their reps with alt-f4 let them. At the time I was expecting the guy to come back from the twilight zone behind me but when he didnt I laughed so hard a nearly cracked a rib. I do think that it really sets a new level of dweebery though and it is probably being done by someone that will never hit what they shoot at anyway. Yes their better off in the twilight zone.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2003, 09:15:59 AM »
Originally posted by GPreddy
Hey if they want to ruin their reps with alt-f4 let them. At the time I was expecting the guy to come back from the twilight zone behind me but when he didnt I laughed so hard a nearly cracked a rib. I do think that it really sets a new level of dweebery though and it is probably being done by someone that will never hit what they shoot at anyway. Yes their better off in the twilight zone.

Ya know, I do not choose to use this tactic, nor am I flying in the virtual skys much anymore either... but it seems to me, that most of the people could really give a rats diddly what others think of them...  

Just a thought though :eek:

:p
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2003, 09:31:01 AM »

It's not Alt+F4

With the new version, sometimes deaths and explosions just don't show up. This is especially very frequent with GVs. Nope, not a "ditch = proxy kill". Go and fight in enemy territory,  where the enemy can just ditch to avoid giving a kill. I've gotten many kills in that situation where I didn't see a explosion.

Another instance is the 5 inch guns. Boom Boom, the guns fire, you see the enemy you aimed for just suddenly disappear, without an explosion, but you get the kill.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2003, 11:57:13 AM »
Originally posted by SunKing

"Drop the paint chips Cobra, Drop em now!"

hehe, pretty good sneak attack wasn't it?

...oh, and tell your post potato mentor Cobra... duh huh..., he'll know what you mean, lol.

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2003, 01:39:19 PM »
too bad we all can't have as good a reputaion as Gpotty :)
another whine for rude

opps  thats right  ,, this isn't a whine !!

some people whine so much they can't even tell the difference

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2003, 05:38:27 PM »
Paint once again you demonstrate precisely how to be completely ignored.

Kweassa it most certainly was alt-f4. You can tell because a buff form doesnt just disappear when ack cant shoot it and no one is quite close enough to put guns on.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2003, 05:43:19 PM »
I read your post, Paint.  So, try not to feel too badly that Voss is skipping over your posts while getting ready to post another whine.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2003, 01:23:22 AM »
:) SOMEONE DOES READ MY POSTS  YIPPY!!!!

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
Knights new tactic
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2003, 02:43:58 AM »
Originally posted by GPreddy
Today I saw one even better though. I killed a 190 in an ho but he got me too. I hit the ground and exploded and then he landed the sortie. He was over my field had no wing and no tail. How did he do that?

I heard this guy you talk about on country ch just after it happened and his words were '' how the hell did I get credited with victories and landing when I crashed ''