Author Topic: Need more in the CT.  (Read 479 times)

Offline Sachs

• Nickel Member
      • http://where?
Need more in the CT.
« on: January 07, 2002, 12:19:00 AM »
Flew in there tonight numbers weren't great but had a lot of fun.  Our squad will be flying in there more often.  WIsh more would switch to there or at least the numbers improve some.  <S> to all that flew in there tonight was a lot of fun.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2002, 12:26:00 AM »
Yeap.. was in there fer a few hours tonight... gawd, flyin an A5 made my skin crawl. With a wingie, it could even be fun. Without a wingie against the LVVS stuff, yer krautburger.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2002, 12:35:00 AM »
Yes I was in thier for a while tonight, was fun had a great runing fight with airscrew in an La-5 aganst me in my JU 88 was a blast, he got me though :)

I am very happy with the CT and what they are doing with it,as a result I am spliting my time online with it and the MA, personaly I rahter prefer the CT. I realy like the radar sys and the plane set are great fun, also it is nice to fly for a Country.

All this makes me long for a more ballenced plane set for each country in AH.

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2002, 01:25:00 AM »
i was looking forward to playing on alternate terrains.

i still put in a lot of time there but it's kinda like the ma with those same ol maps.

i like the historic planesets though.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2002, 08:26:00 AM »
"Without a wingie against the LVVS stuff, yer krautburger."

That goes both ways!  :)

Westy

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2002, 09:24:00 AM »
I'd spend more time in the CT, if there was more communication.  Lack of dar is okay, if people use voice comm, or occasionally mention the location of the enemy.  Otherwise, it's just too boring for me.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2002, 09:30:00 AM »
I've been doing some pencil stats, so far the numbers in the CT run about 8% of what is actively in the MA during East coast prime time (5pm-11pm EST)

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2002, 10:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime:
Yeap.. was in there fer a few hours tonight... gawd, flyin an A5 made my skin crawl. With a wingie, it could even be fun. Without a wingie against the LVVS stuff, yer krautburger.

Sheesh, I can't believe I'm gonna type this but...

Hey Hangtime, I'll wing with ya in A5s.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2002, 11:12:00 AM »
CT's been great and I'll definitely be a regular there. Missed last night due to regular squad night in the MA. Tonight's the last MNF game--gonna go out with the boys-- so I'll prolly be a no show. Seeyas on Tuesday for sure.

Drano

Originally posted by Sachs:
Flew in there tonight numbers weren't great but had a lot of fun.  Our squad will be flying in there more often.  WIsh more would switch to there or at least the numbers improve some.  <S> to all that flew in there tonight was a lot of fun.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2002, 12:57:00 PM »
I turned commie for a few sorties. I had a blast flying the LA5. Very nimble plane.

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2002, 01:25:00 PM »
Im definitely a CT convert.  It has many of the features that I have longed for in AH.  Two countries, historical limited planesets, short icons, and limited radar.  However, it has the best of what I liked about the MA, strategy elements, field captures, statistics, perk points etc.  I still fly occasionally in the MA, but the CT is my new home.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2002, 02:36:00 PM »
the CT is a great place for newbies.  with it's extremely limited planeset and low numbers neither your SA or acm will be strained.  
lazs

Offline Rufus R. Jones

• Zinc Member
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2002, 02:53:00 PM »
jus wat you triin ta say lazz boy!?!?

ya best not be sayin nuthin bout my skilz or you gonna find yo bellybutton hurt bad...i will kil yuz in my sky machin so fast yo wish you nuva evah come in to the CT boy!!!

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2002, 03:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by lazs1:
the CT is a great place for newbies.  with it's extremely limited planeset and low numbers neither your SA or acm will be strained.  
lazs

I find that SA is the hardest part.  I'm constantly checking 6 and looking around for cons. I also find that it's 100% more easy to bounce a plane undetected than in the MA.  I do wish that they'd turn the icons off to about 1000 yrds though.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Need more in the CT.
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2002, 03:42:00 PM »
Great comments, guys.  The best thing you can do to help boost the CT numbers is to keep posting those comments here, where people can hear read about them.  An interesting phenomenon occured when the server problems last week drove half the population of the MA in to the CT.  They came, they flew, they had fun.  Go figure  ;).

There's a couple of new terrains that will debut in the CT within the next 30 days or so.  10Bears has a kick-tail ETO map that is being tailored to the CT.  Trains, trucks, and barges will be plentiful, as well as a few surprises.  Jihad likewise is working a completely revised and updated Philippines map.  This one will actually require one side to make a successful amphibious assault before they'll be able to get any land-based aircraft into the fight.  Carrier Battle Groups and cruiser squadrons will roam about, sparking some (hopefully) intense naval action as well.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."