Author Topic: Since Bush became president...  (Read 2936 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Since Bush became president...
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2003, 05:57:13 AM »
Here it is and there are others..

Mladic is far left, Karemmans is second from right.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2003, 05:57:21 AM »
Originally posted by Cabby44
Quote:

"They were put in an impossible situation and asked to do an impossible job. "

Gee, that's usually sufficient to slam the United States and it's Armed Forces.  But WTH, this is another one of those dumb-ass Leftie whine-and-screech threads.

Who gives a s***............

Cabby

it remind me of this old wise man living in the montaign who speak one time a year to the villagers but none can undertand him.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2003, 05:57:42 AM »
Same old, Cabby, same old...

But then again, I guess Srebrenica does have parallels with Somalia. No air support, wishy-washy, one-hand-behind-our-backs Mission: Impossible brief etc.

In both cases I'd blame the administrations in question, not the ground forces for the failures...

You are wrong on all accounts Dowding.

Really? My information comes from the report into the disaster and the mission that DutchBat (the Dutch UN contingent) were detaied to do.

The original estimate for Srebrenica requirements WAS 35,000. UN forces on the ground never approached that or exceeded 6,000. In the weeks prior to that, UN strength was only 3,500. Do you deny that?

If you can, refute these excerpts from the official enquiry:

"Humanitarian motivation and political ambitions drove the Netherlands to undertake an ill-conceived and virtually impossible peace mission.

Dutchbat had to keep the peace where there was no peace.

All the warring factions were guilty of gross violence.

[Srebrenica failures were] more the fault of the inadequate resources and the policy of the United Nations.

Dutchbat grew less and less able to carry out its task.

The military balance of power was such that, without outside support, Dutchbat would have been defenceless in a serious confrontation.

There was not only an incapacity but also a deliberate attempt by the army to, contrary to the wishes of the [defence] minister, to limit the flow of information and, where possible, to avoid sensitive issues.

The battalion command received limited information... "

On the question of air strikes; did you also know that the commander of UNPROFOR rejected requests for air strikes from the local Dutch commander on no less than 5 occasions?

I don't deny Srebrenica was an unmitigated disaster for the UN. I don't doubt that you know more about Bosnia than me, but you can't fly in the face of the facts. From these facts, the blame has to be ultimately placed on those not in Srebrenica (although some blame must be aportioned there); the Dutch Army high command, the UNPROFOR upper echelons and the UN itself.

The mission was porked from the beginning.

(BTW, GScholz - I've challenged you in the Ladder competition -prepare to defend yourself, sir! :D)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2003, 08:39:28 AM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Another Cabby drive by.....
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2003, 11:26:36 AM »
Let me save you the trouble of responding again...

dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.

All you need to add now is a Clinton remark.....pathetic.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Re: Another Cabby drive by.....
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2003, 11:50:33 AM »
Originally posted by weazel
Let me save you the trouble of responding again...

dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.

LOL!!!
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Re: Another Cabby drive by.....
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2003, 12:49:09 PM »
Originally posted by weazel

This coming from a guy whose sole persuit in life seems to be posting endless outrageous BBS attacks on Bush...

What tragic irony... :rolleyes:

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
What's outrageous
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2003, 01:04:13 PM »
About my post to start the thread smeagol?

Whats the matter, you can't refute the truth in it?

You add almost as much to the thread as cabby does....nothing of importance.

Heil Chimpler!  :D

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2003, 01:05:55 PM »
If we could all learn from you when it comes to adding value to a thread... :p

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2003, 01:56:51 PM »
you are dearly lovin the downfall of bush arent you weazel

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Immensely
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2003, 03:06:39 PM »
President Weak and Stupid Appeaser's chickens are coming home to roost...just like I predicted after the election.  :D

Originally posted by lord dolf vader
you are dearly lovin the downfall of bush arent you weazel

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2003, 03:15:34 PM »
Did someone say Bill Clinton?

Hillary Clinton dies and goes to Heaven where she meets St. Peter. She notices that there are clocks everywhere. She asks St. Peter why are there so many clocks here. St. Peter tells her that each clock represents a person on earth and that every time a person tells a lie, the clock ticks off one second.

St. Peter explains that the one clock has never moved because it belonged to Mother Theresa and she never told a lie her whole life. The next clock belonged to Abraham Lincoln and since he only told two lies his whole life, only two seconds had clicked. Hillary asks, "Where is Bill's clock?"

St. Peter says, "Bill's clock is upstairs in God's office. He's using it as a fan."

Offline H. Godwineson

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2003, 03:23:45 PM »
Weazel,

Love your user name by the way.  Very appropriate.  A small, bloodthirsty predator.

In reference to your remark about the"non-election."  Weren't the Gore people the ones who initiated legal action in the courts to force a recount?  Didn't they realize what a crap-shoot that was? ANYTHING can happen in an ?American courtroom.   Did they expect the Republicans to roll over and play dead?  Even if they had won their case in the Florida courts, there was certain to be an appeal to the Supreme Court.

If you initiate that type of legal action and then lose you have no reason to complain about the opposition winning.  Besides, neither side should be guaranteed an unlimited number of recounts, just they don't like the outcome of the election.  Gore could have bowed out with dignity, and thus preserved his chances at a successful challenge in 2004.  But he blew it.

Shuckins

Offline whgates3

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2003, 03:46:10 PM »
i resent your defamation of mustelids, specificly the weasel, as bloodthirsty. that particular mustelid is an omnivore, and is not bloodthirsty, but happens to eat meat occasionally, as i'd bet, you do & probably in much greater amounts because you probably outweight the average weasel by about 80 kilos, but have i called you bloodthirsty?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo  
i suggest you pick on cats (carnivore), bats or mosquitoes

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2003, 04:03:55 PM »
Originally posted by bounder
Grun,

your utterly vapid statements about europe and utter failure to comprehend why middle class saudi businessmen start private armies and murder civilians amuse me enormously but otherwise only spell out your idiocy in mile high letters of fire.

Bin Laden did not 'betray' US. Western Nations funded him and then cut off money. He now wants to bit the hands that fed him, it would seem.

Europe is not shrinking it is growing.

Europe is as much an important part of the world as any other part you dunce.

I mean, how did you work that out? Did you use the Feltzmann-Staines algorithm to compare comparative national influence? Did you remember to apply the polyglot nation transform? I think not.

Europe is a target for international terrorism as much as the USA. It is a great deal easier to infiltrate for a start.

And Europe has been a hotbed of international terrorism for some time, as well as state sponsored terrorism, local terrorism, and long distance terrorism too.

You don't need to write a letter to Al Quaeda and wish for the deaths of several thousand europeans either Grun, although I realise you get wood just thinking about it. It will happen as long as there are people with heavy duty grievances who are being ignored.

Terrorists don't become terrorists because of the pay, the perks or the health insurance. They may be fanatical (mentally ill), brainwashed, desperate, poor, oppressed, any number or combination of things. But you rarely get well off two car families turning to terrorism so they can all get to Antigua for free or stop the neighbours from playing their music so loud.

British readers may recognise the following ethic:
"Tough on Terrorism, Tough on the Causes of Terrorism".

It's trite (which is better than vapid), but if it is possible to establish reliable indicators, predictors and possibly even causes of terrorism, then it is possible to deal with it.

You can terminate with extreme prejudice all the terrorists you want, won't make a jot of difference, other than building up the fanaticism of their brethren. (And making you hard Grun).

I would like to see an overall reduction in the amount of violent death generally, and I believe constructive long term policies of sharing resources and wealth are the only way forward.

The problems with that sentiment are the notions of 'long term policies' and 'sharing wealth and resources'.

Long term policies are a problem when politicos only look to the next election, and have real trouble seeing beyond their own career.

Sharing wealth and resources on an international scale, seems to be an abhorrent notion to many people.

So Grun, be careful what you wish for. Thousands of Europeans may die, but the might be nuked whilst attending a conference in your hometown...

(oh and please don't assume:
- I support Bin Laden
- I support Terrorists
- I am anti-US
- Any other automatic assumptions you make about ppl who disagree with you

unless it's too much bother for your grey cells, in which case go ahead.)

Genau :)

Regards Blitz

Don't like fanatics, don't like commies , don't like nazies, don't like starvation, like people fightin for their rights + people tryin honestly to live like their religion tells them if they have any (i don't) &  a gras pipe from time to time just for fun
« Last Edit: January 15, 2003, 04:26:47 PM by blitz »

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2003, 04:19:04 PM »
Weazel. Do the right thing... you know you want to, and there is still time... throw off the lavender colored glasses, give up the gut-full of acrid bile and the bad breath of defeat.

Give yourself over to the masculine Republican leadership.  :)

Willy doesn't care about you. Daschel, Gore, Hillory and Ted Kennedy don't care about you.

But we do. Come home. Leave that sickening, self-defeating and ineffectual state of mind known as the Democratic Party far behind...

Come Home. Finally - to your place in the sun as a true Republican Man. :)
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century